Options

New Battleground is 100% NOT New Player Friendly

I started playing last January. I just got my first 6 star last week. I do not expect to rank high at all or win even half of the matches, but there definitely exists a middle ground between that and getting thrown match after match against people with a full roster of max leveled 6 stars (so that there's really no difference wether I ban their 3 "Best" champions or not) that on top of that have increased Hp, Attack and Safeguard.

Either the matchmaking system needs to be reviewed so that it factors in Prestige/Total Base Hero Rating for the first couple of matches and as you climb through ranks it starts only factoring ranking.

Or the entire system needs to be reworked. I like the whole "Draft" idea a lot but it completely loses it's purpose if people can just fully deck with 6 star champions. So maybe make it so that you can allocate a certain amount of Champions per star rank (ie. five 6 stars, ten 5 stars, fifteen 4 stars, etc. etc.)

Comments

• Options
    Lezard2191Lezard2191 Posts: 12
    edited April 2022

Once you lose a little you will get into fights with more people around your lvl. Currently since everyone starts at 1500 it takes a little while to balance out.

The thing is, each attempt costs you 15 energy.

So with how the system works new players will have to waste who knows how much energy till they get to a rank with people of their same level in order to waste more energy to fight against those people. Energy that those new players are forfeiting from using in Story or other modes that could help them progress.

Not to mention that Battlegrounds will apparently work in a seasons setting, meaning that you'd have to do this "waste energy losing till able to play people of your level" every few weeks.

That in itself is another problem. Battleground should have it's own energy currency.