Options

6* Medusa Rankup in 2022?

Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 576 ★★★
edited April 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Im trying to expand my roster and only have 1 R3 cosmic (king groot). I have medusa and a cosmic gem ive been holding for ages. In 2022 is 6* medusa worthy of the gem and rankup? Shes the only other "good" cosmic i have

6* Medusa Rankup in 2022? 38 votes

Awaken and Rank Medusa
57%
CyporgAldacKappa2gJimmyBEtjamapsp742Dwhalen8554DeaconGarrettNMasterpuffRenaxqqRax38Namesaken_1Zan00casual0Da_MonstrousityNoise72BarryMcCaulkinerPablogomes1204Noobda 22 votes
Don't Awaken or Rank Medusa
31%
zuffyThefire13Logan00RakeYoungRicoShayGr8TonyStarkScrubhanRiptideNycromancyHickdog27Dave7099The_man001 12 votes
Other Opinion
10%
LpooAgent_X_zzzSirGamesBondRatedSViper 4 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    BarryMcCaulkinerBarryMcCaulkiner Posts: 178 ★★
    Awaken and Rank Medusa
    I say yes but just because i like the abnormal rank ups these days. Since it is a cosmic gem, its more valuable than id say some others just knowing there are very sig dependent god tier champs in the cosmic pool, but medusa can shred and synergizes well with some others. She is good on her own and has unique utility.

Enough for me to rank her up....but i also dont have a 5 or 6 star medusa so im biased because I WANT ONE!!!
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Personally I would and I think Medusa is a very valuable champ. However, part of this is b/c I don't really like using a lot of the cosmic champs (e.g., Hype, Herc, Corvus). So if you really love using some of the other cosmic champs and you think their sig is significant, then I'd say it's worth waiting. But if you enjoy using Medusa and don't feel like waiting for something that might never happen, then I'd go for it.
  • Options
    AldacAldac Posts: 478 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    Awaken and Rank Medusa
    I love her and use her all the time. She’s still incredibly useful and she needs to be awakened for both her damage and defensive ability.

Having said that, if you love Corvus/Hype/Herc then save the gem for that. Comes down to who you like playing and what you need.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Awaken and Rank Medusa
    I recently took my Medusa to r3 and I have been very pleased. For a while Cosmic was my worst class but recently it has been getting stronger.

That said, I don't know how willing I would be to use that awakening gem considering there are champions like Hercules, Corvus Glaive, and CMM who benefit more than Medusa will.
  • Options
    Namesaken_1Namesaken_1 Posts: 13
    Awaken and Rank Medusa
    100%, awaken and rank her, she still shines and I don’t see that changing
  • Options
    Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 576 ★★★
    Aldac said:

I love her and use her all the time. She’s still incredibly useful and she needs to be awakened for both her damage and defensive ability.

Having said that, if you love Corvus/Hype/Herc then save the gem for that. Comes down to who you like playing and what you need.

I basically have everything ingame done. At this point I’m trying to strengthen my 6* classes.

For example I have 4 R3 mutants, and science, but only 1 R3 cosmic.
  • Options
    She is worth the rankup but i wouldnt use the gem.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★
    Don't Awaken or Rank Medusa
    Fwiw, I did abyss in my alt account about 2 years ago. Pulled a cosmic t5c and cosmic ag. My only cosmic then was drax. LOL. Fast forward to now, got an R3 knull, cgr, terrax.
  • Options
    Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★
    Awaken and Rank Medusa
    She shreds as a 6* R3. My most used cosmic R3 these days (out of Knull, CGR, CG, Surfer). No ramp up, no tricky playstyles, and really high damage off the start (only when awakened). I think people forget how useful armor shatter can be. So many annoying robots in the contest these days. Also having such easy access to armor breaks and fury buffs has proved to be so useful in many act 7 lanes. I vote use the gem and rank her and enjoy.
  • Options
    mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★
    I have a 5* R5 Medusa sig 140, and I also have a 5* R5 Mags, but Medusa is my MVP when it comes to robot's + if she's duped those fury buffs are kicking in. So easy to use also. Two mediums and a SP1 and all nodes, abilities, power gain is shut down when fighting robots...in my opinion she's a little underrated these days.. pair her with Black Bolt and you double the amount of fury's....one thing I noticed some players seems to misunderstand, is that Medusa will not benefit from Deep Wounds.