Options

An Interesting Idea for Battlegrounds to balance competition

NoobslayerNoobslayer Posts: 15
edited April 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Currently people with stacked roasters are leading in the battlegrounds with their 6*r3's.

This is not at all fair to the FTP players and all other players except spenders as they don't have necessary champions to compete with High lvl 6*s.

This is mostly a competition between spenders and non spenders. Where skill is losing.

For ex . It would be a daunting task for a non spender to defeat some 6* r3 apocalypse with some 5* in 2 min.
And it would be an ez task for spender to kill some 5* defender with his 6* r3.

In short it's ez win for a spender with his stacked 6* roaster against some non spender.

Plus it's also not fair to new players who have wait for years to get to the top of list.

My solution is.

Only 3*s should be allowed in battlegrounds.

It will be fair to both new players , spenders and non spenders .

And will benefit skill instead of money .

Also the champion pool would be big and people can easily rank up their desired Champs, Leading to higher lvl of competition.

Also everybody will get to use their 3*s.

Else kabam should just remove 3*s, 2*s and 1*s. As they are useless. And kabam still keeps throwing 3*s at us through cavalier crystals.

So this move basically makes lower rarity champions usefull and also benefits players with skill to go up in compitition .
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 228 ★★
    I've been FTP up until the AG deal in the dubloon store and still ranked top 200 in both betas. I assure you there are FTP players who ranked even higher than I did. The mode rewards skill and a diverse roster. Even with 3*'s I feel people would complain that they're missing a few or some other complaint
  • Options
    See battlegrounds depends on 3 things skill, strategy and team roaster

Skill , strategy are based on a person's intelligence.

Team roaster is just a person's time and money spent in game.

What i am saying is 3rd thing should be balanced . Where a team roaster doesn't defeat a person's
    Skill and strategy .

It's like running a 100 m meter. But the person with better team roaster with stacked roaster is getting a headstart.

Don't u think there should be 1 piece of contant where skill matters most. Not ur money .

Their all other countless piece of contant throughout the year , where u can use ur 6*s .

But do u PPL use ur 3* anywhere .
  • Options
    Some ppl are saying that they are good being a FTP player.

But it took u guys years to create that roaster. and will still take year for one who is using 5*s

If a new players starts in it will take him years to get to the top of leaderboard .

Every other game mode favours money spent and ur team roaster.

There should be 1 game mode where a person's skill and intelligence matters.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    This is still extremely early for the game mode, and if Kabam plans for this to be remotely like other comp games, then there will have to be multiple modes. We already know about ladder and friendlies, but are there going to be more?

The best way to do restrictions is time-sensitive special modes while leaving ladder untouched. Like a special mode where all your champs are brought upto max level, or one where you can only use three stars, for that mode.

Basically the people who have their huge accounts can play against similar level of players in ladder while the casual players still get to have fun every once in a while.
  • Options
    This game in it's entirety is based on your time spent far more than your skill. It's why someone who's played the game for 5 years has an advantage over a talented player's mini account. Eventually, you'll plateau out at your rank and the rewards will be relevant for you but those players who have a vast knowledge of the game, a diverse roster and the need for r4 materials don't want to be using 3* champions when they've put all their work into 6* champions. The competition will never be balanced in this game. Doesn't stop good players from pushing the boundaries to get a high position even at a disadvantage. The mode wasn't designed for new players
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I don't understand why are ppl so scared of ranking 3*s lol. Letting go of ur unfair advantage and competing with fair roaster can be fun .

U will get to compete with players that have skill but dont have the roasters lol

Imagine using kraven or rhino for defense lol or using vulture for offense. ( Vulture bypasses safeguard). Like these champions ppl wouldn't rank up as a 6* . There are so much more possibilities with 3*s
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    How can you keep banging on about intelligence but continue saying roasters.. it's roster 😂
  • Options
    The possibilities are there for 3*'s, yes but you do realise some people have more developed 3* rosters as well. The game mode isn't fun if you can bring 30 of the best options in because the cap is 3* champions. Part of the mode is rewarding players for deck design and strategy. If everyone has 3* champs we can all select the 30 best champs for the mode for offence and defence which makes the mode stale. That's why war is such a solid competitive mode. You're not capped at 3* defenders
  • Options
    Even if u have no interest in getting resources for 3*s. U get those resources anyway lol .

The thing with 3* rosters is, everyone can develop stacked 3* rosters . Not everyone can develop a stacked 6* rosters.

If game keeps rewarding players with 6* rosters ,who are already at top . Compitition becomes stale .

Where rich keep getting rich and middle class remains middle class lol

A skilled new player will have to play for years or spend money get at top.

With 3* Champs in Battlegrounds even new skilled players will be able to acquire resources to r3 or r4 a 6* .

This will help new players boost up .

Compitition everywhere will rise up in AQ, AW , ARENAS etc .
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 788 ★★★
    This is no different than War. If your roster isn't as developed, and you aren't some MCOC jedi master... and are in a lower tier AW... you will likely go up against people with similar strength rosters.

Battle grounds will take some time to sort people into these "tiers", but after enough matches are played, you will find yourself going up against people with similar points, who are going through a similar path, and have more balanced matchups.
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★

I don't understand why are ppl so scared of ranking 3*s lol. Letting go of ur unfair advantage and competing with fair roaster can be fun .

U will get to compete with players that have skill but dont have the roasters lol

Imagine using kraven or rhino for defense lol or using vulture for offense. ( Vulture bypasses safeguard). Like these champions ppl wouldn't rank up as a 6* . There are so much more possibilities with 3*s

My rank 3 vulture would like a word
  • Options
    Well all and all i believe ofcourse some ppl will not support this 3* move as they like the unfair advantage of their rosters . Also i think it's mostly spenders here in forums or hardcore players. So new players don't have a say in this.

Other thing is, their is no downside to this move also as 3*s are fairly ez to rank up.

At the end it's just kabam's choice. Battlegrounds is fun , players will slowly or immediately like the 3* change .
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I’ve not spent on this game for well over 2 years now and even when I did spend I wasn’t exactly a whale. Probably 80% of my 6* have come through completion of content rather than offers and whaling etc. I’ve comfortably got into the top 200 in this recent Bg beta and I’ve come against rosters similar to mine and those who’ve dwarfed me. Sure being able to swap a few of my 5* for 6* would have been nice but ultimately it’s your ability to play under pressure and quickly come up with a strategy that counts in this game mode rather than having a bank breaking roster.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/5Z4QRsBhiAs.

For example i would share this skilled player's BG experience. He doesn't have a stacked roaster.
    And still won.

But this skilled player won't go to top of the leaderboard just coz he doesn't have a stacked 6* roster.
    But if it comes to 3* rosters. Maybe this person will in top ranks .
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,265 ★★★★★

https://youtu.be/5Z4QRsBhiAs.

For example i would share this skilled player's BG experience. He doesn't have a stacked roaster.
    And still won.

But this skilled player won't go to top of the leaderboard just coz he doesn't have a stacked 6* roster.
    But if it comes to 3* rosters. Maybe this person will in top ranks .

Just so-so gameplay. It’s nothing impressive tbh.

• Options
    Well everyone is also paying for 3*s lol. Every time u buy some new hero crystals.

U pull some 3*s

I am just making those 3*s usefull. Making ur money usefull lol 🤣.

U ppl paid for those 3*s. With ur money and time.

Why i am the only one trying to make them usefull lol.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,523 ★★★★★
    You do realize without spenders that the game wouldn't exist? So you want to tell the people that make this game possible for all the cheapskates that there money doesn't actually buy them anything.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

You do realize without spenders that the game wouldn't exist? So you want to tell the people that make this game possible for all the cheapskates that there money doesn't actually buy them anything.

Like I said u ppl are also spending on 3 stars. Every 3* u are pulling is a waste of ur money.
    I am just trying to make them usefull lol .
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 788 ★★★
    There is something to be said about making "divisions"... so that players could choose to do this... but honestly... players who are still bolstering their 5 and 6 star rosters... don't waste your ISO and Gold on 3 stars once you are beyond them. You will miss those resources. Save those rank ups for when finding rankups for rank up event isn't something easy to do every 4 days / need 2/3 stars to get points for the easy points.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,794 ★★★★★
    Why should someone who's only been playing the game for a month be able to compete for endgame resources with those who've played it for 8 years? How would those top-tier rewards even benefit that player that struggles to muster a 5* roster to deal with their opponents' champions? Even as a Thronebreaker who've been playing for probably five years or so, rank 4 resources didn't appeal to me until they were made a requirement for Paragon. I simply had no need of them at my point in the game - and my point is just behind the truly-nothing-left-to-play endgame players.

I don't get why new players constantly feel that they should always be in the same echelon as old-timers. Just play the game and you'll get there in time as you build your roster. However, this constant begging for shortcuts there irks me. Why shouldn't you have to put in the same time and effort as those who've come before you have? Why shouldn't their time and dedication be rewarded?

I am not opposed to a mode where the roster is made up of 3* champions, but the idea that it would be the one and only mode simply so that newer players can compete with older ones without putting in the necessary work first - that just doesn't fly with me.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    If it was limited to 3* champions, there would be no decision process in rank ups like there is currently. There are benefits and drawbacks to every choice we put our resources into for end-game/meta content.

I for one enjoy this because my alliance has been ranking more unique defenders allowing our diversity in war to excel. No one wants to rank korg for attack, but now they have a korg for war defense AND battlegrounds. Now this person has an advantage in more than one game mode for having invested their time (and potentially money) for these specific rank-ups.

Whereas you can autofight a couple dailies and get all the materials and resources you need to max rank a 3* champ.

This is where the strategy comes into play. A well balanced roster of offense and defense with utilities mixed in. If your deck doesnt have strong counter for their deck, just ban those specific champs.

Having a wealth of knowledge of how champions interact with each other (including nodes) will get you much further than someone with a bunch of champs they don't know how to use.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Ok what worse can happen if kabam only allowed 3*s in battlegrounds.
    NO one is gonna leave the game.
    Even if some players do uninstall the game , they will be back in a week, coz battlegrounds is fun and ranking 3*s is ez .
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    I disagree with posts like this...
    The sense of entitlement to EVERYTHING available in the game when u don't pay for anything...
    If u r f2p then u gotta understand that you will enjoy certain parts and others not so much.
    Im not gonna go to someone who owns a Lamborghini and tell em.. hey its not fair i can't race u... U should buy a corolla and then we can be even...