**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Deliberate lose AW off-season?

My alliance is facing opponents deliberate losing war setting up defenders impossible not to win over.

Is it wise to lower ranking and how much are they gaining to do it when we are talking about a 10 tier and a gold3/ Silver1 level to prepare for a season?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Is it wise? Not really. The advantage has been halved because of Tiers 6 and down being reduced. Having said that, it still affects people and I'm a proponent of freezing Rating altogether. Not just for 1-5. Tanking is still very much a thing.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Not much difference tanking with easy defenders or just not attacking. We're burnt out after season, but a handful of us join simply to earn loyalty and we have no expectations for winning any wars with only a handful of people placing or attacking in the off season. War at g3-s1 just isn't worth the effort in the long run and doesn't take much to hover there for the 1 lousy T2A we get out of the entire season. Tank away.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★

My alliance is facing opponents deliberate losing war setting up defenders impossible not to win over.

Is it wise to lower ranking and how much are they gaining to do it when we are talking about a 10 tier and a gold3/ Silver1 level to prepare for a season?

there's no way to tank in off season. it doesn't affect your ranking at all so most people just treat the off season as a break and will often place trash champs or not at all. it's the off season. enjoy it. practice the new defense tactic if necessary.

but going up against an easy win is hardly an issue in the off season.
    edited January 2021
    Ebony_Naw said:

there's no way to tank in off season. it doesn't affect your ranking at all so most people just treat the off season as a break and will often place trash champs or not at all. it's the off season. enjoy it. practice the new defense tactic if necessary.

T6 and below have at least some loss of AWR in an offseason loss. Lower AWR means facing opponents in with lower AWR during the season.
    hmmm i thought off season was the same for everyone's alliance in War. so essentially there is no off season for them?? that's even more terrible.
  • KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 311 ★★★

For Tier 6 and lower, off-season wins/losses do affect both your AW rating and your Tier level so it is a valid strategy for many.

Example: say you end a season in Tier 12, the lowest level of Intermediate map. By intentionally tanking off-season, you can start the next season in Tier 13 (beginner map), score easy wins with a minimal reduction in AW multiplier
    KoiBoy18 said:

For Tier 6 and lower, off-season wins/losses do affect both your AW rating and your Tier level so it is a valid strategy for many.

Example: say you end a season in Tier 12, the lowest level of Intermediate map. By intentionally tanking off-season, you can start the next season in Tier 13 (beginner map), score easy wins with a minimal reduction in AW multiplier
    that's crazy. (my other comment will appear so apologies for the dupe lol) but yeah ... so essentially they have NO off season at all? it's War all the time for them. insane.
  • Narah003Narah003 Posts: 3
    Is this still a thing? Does off seasons result affect the overall rating? I hope not, otherwise we need to think about tanking our rating too?!
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★
    They are just collecting free shards
  • SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 881 ★★★
    Maybe they are taking a break? I am in Silver 1 and with AW today, BG2 and BG3 opponents are empty, so I feel like their Alliance are not very organised or they think they can win by having 7 participants (6 in BG1 and 1 in BG 2). Hope I can still win… not over till the final siren.