**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Battlegrounds and pausing

Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★
This mechanic needs a tweak. I get that we can all take advantage of pausing, but it feels wrong. Pausing should not be able to decide a round.

So, how to change? Maybe if you pause your attacker takes X amounts of direct damage per second while paused? Maybe start the damage after a couple of seconds have passed so you can resume after a very short pause (you know, like to sneeze or whatever)?

Or maybe there could be an additional scoring mechanic that considered whether an attacker paused, reducing their score by X percent per second paused?

Or just limit pausing to a few seconds and then auto-resume?

Anyway, I realize this isn’t game-breaking or even a huge deal, but like I said it feels wrong to let this decide a round/match.

Comments

• RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    Yeah, but by pausing and then quitting you cannot get fight duration points.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    what exactly does pausing do?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★

what exactly does pausing do?

If you pause the fight timer continues without you being able to take damage, and your health is a big part of the score. One specific way is with Fury, if you happen to be attacking with him and enter your second phase, you can pause while he is at high health. Others have done it to prevent a KO.

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★

The Pause exploit is definitely something we're aware of and not fans of. We're looking into ways to address it, such as removing the button completely or adding penalties of some kind. Unfortunately, every solution has some sort of negative as well, so it's not a quick or easy decision to make.

Glad you’re working on it. Thanks.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,202 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Today I won a round in BG, by keeping fury at 1%.
    But I didn't pause.

Had about 30 seconds left in the fight, he was at 5% and I had a bar of power. So decided to tap his blocks and bring him to 1% meanwhile I let the AI try to bait my specials and at that moment I realize, Two can play the game.
    IN YOUR FACE AI!!!
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 571 ★★★
    Rather than starting a new post i just add another tweak that needs made, the timer starts when the round starts. 2 minutes sometimes isnt quite enough on annoying defenders and seconds are precious, used Professor X today intro, running fight start 1:51 seconds left like WTH.
  • rx_placebo1rx_placebo1 Posts: 11

15 sec fight paused the match just wrong.
  • rx_placebo1rx_placebo1 Posts: 11

84 sec fight paused the match just wrong. I can on and on not strategy when using out side sources to favor a match for you please fix thank-you. By the way I can on and on with screen shots
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022

The Pause exploit is definitely something we're aware of and not fans of. We're looking into ways to address it, such as removing the button completely or adding penalties of some kind. Unfortunately, every solution has some sort of negative as well, so it's not a quick or easy decision to make.

Do NOT remove the pause button until you address the bug with the BG fight timer not showing up. You know… the bug that I’ve been posting about for 6 months that you continue to ignore (see below).

When there’s no BG fight timer , pausing is the ONLY way I can check to see much time is left.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/305508/battlegrounds-bug-no-fight-timer/p1