**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Can non spenders get decent rewards in Battlegrounds?

thepiggythepiggy Posts: 504 ★★★★
This mode is a home run but I can't go all in with mastery changes and refreshes so I'm waitng on timers and running recoil masteries.

I'm not expecting r4 materials but can a big roster expect to get sig stones when the mode goes live? I assume rewards that would have gone to side quests and other areas of the game are being funneled into Battlegrounds instead, so there's a pressure to play it, but will barebones clearing be enough?

Comments

• Options
    _hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★
    i really really hope so
  • Options
    SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    It’s currently impossible to know if spenders can even get decent rewards in battlegrounds since it’s still just beta but I’d guess that non spenders can do ok but not as well as the big spenders. Much like arenas, you will likely be able to get all the base rewards but nothing groundbreaking like a new 6* champion from arenas.
  • Options
    The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    NO
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Kabam have repeatedly hinted at a possible synergy between Battlegrounds & Relics
    How the relics will be implemented in game will be the deciding factor of whether Battlegrounds remain worth it for F2Ps or just widen the gap further
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

i don't know of anyone who is using the 45 unit refreshes, so spending thus far has does nothing

But that's bcoz playing more matches doesn't provide any significant benefits at the moment
    Currently most players are aiming for just winning 30 matches in a week
    But during the seasons if there's no limit on how many matches a player can do, then obviously players doing more matches will have an advantage over others
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    i haven't spent anything and i've gotten enough to get those T5CCs
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

I don't buy unit refreshes as they're too expensive. One tip is if you have a champion ranked at both 6* and 5* then you technically have 6 energy for that champion, if it's a winning card for you. Just play it regularly, 6 matches a day or so in your breaks and you'll be done in no time. I finished my 30 wins last week a few days before the reset.

This is exactly why I try to 5/65/200 the the 5* version of my 6* rank 3s and 4s. Never know when you'll need an extra version of that champ.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    If they keep it the way it is and dont make more changes, it is definitely going to be P2W content.

But we'll see when its officially out
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,217 ★★★★★
    Nobody's refreshing because this is beta.
    Real rewards aren't announced.
    It's a competitive mode. Think of it like AWs for Single player. Top of the top leaderboards will remain p2w.
    It doesn't mean f2p will get nothing. There will be brackets and tiers for all players.
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Yes?
  • Options
    MiniDoomMiniDoom Posts: 29
    I don't change masteries. Yes, the costs are high but so is the cost of 6* generic sigs and other things that'll likely be on offer.

Everyone saying its pay to win, its not.. its pay for an advantage - the whole game is like that. You either pay, grind like mad and do all content, or you don't play at the top 1% level.

I don't understand why people are constantly so hung up about placement. I'm probably top 1% currently, I know I'm not touching some of the biggest accounts in the game - I'm okay with that, because I'm not trying to pay for the same advantage. Enough the game and the game mode, biggest issue currently is the bots and mods, and I'm sure if it goes to a ranked leaderboard, we'll see merc issues too.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    edited May 2022
    If you're primarily interested in 6-star Sig stones, it is 390 tokens, max 10.
    So you would need 3900 tokens.

Not really sure what the Rank rewards are, so I am just considering objective rewards:
    Win 5 fights (500), win 5 fights (1000), win 5 fights (1500). So win 15 fights for 3000 tokens.
    At the same time, playing at least 15 matches gets you the Play 2 matches objectives 5 times, or 5*100.

So if you only play 15 matches (and good enough to win them all), then you get 3500 tokens, or almost enough to get all the 6-star Sig stones available for the cycle.

Let's say you win 50% of the time, so you'd have to fight in 30 matches each cycle. Since Battledeck champions have 3 charges, you'd theoretically need to swap out champions from deck 3 times or pay for refresh.

I'd say, as long as you don't care about Ranking (and whatever the token rewards from ranks give you), doing the bare minimum should be enough to get 6-star sig stones, without needing to pay for refreshes.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    If you have a large enough roster, you don't need to think about spending.

If you only want to get good rewards, you don't need to worry about rankings. Sure, you might get even better rewards when they implement some sort of rank rewards, but the rewards just for playing are pretty sweet.

I have never spent to recharge. I did the objectives relatively easily.

It's a game. Have some fun.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited May 2022
    All depends on what you consider decent rewards. I haven't crunched the numbers yet but I'm all but certain that the rewards I get this month from Battlegrounds (10 matches every 2 days and 20 Wins every week) will far exceed the rewards I get from EQ (CAV+UC Exploration, rest completion). Energy wise is probably more invested in BG but that's fine. It also has the option for slightly rarer rewards as well as more control over what I get. I personally think the rewards are really good for anyone who can win at least 50% of their matches. I'm FTP and am definitely able to win at that rate, especially if you do try to be smart about it and space your matches out as best as possible so you're more likely to utilize your best deck. If there is also Season Rewards at the end of each month similar to War, I think there will be nothing to complain about on the rewards front.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I’m not spending any units on battlegrounds and I’ve done pretty well with clearing the milestones. I also don’t really grind it I just play enough to win 4-6 matches a day.

So… I would say yes non spenders should be able to get what you want out of it.
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    I haven't spent anything on refreshes or energy, and have completed all the rewards long before they expire. If I was having to spend units to refresh or buy energy then I'd seriously consider not playing it to be honest as the new feature design has worn off already for me. The leaderboard is controlled by cheats of some sort [plenty of screenshots as proof], so the only thing worth playing for is the battleground rewards.