**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Professor X Ikaris Solo no mutant boost (With Video and walkthrough)

Blizzard25Blizzard25 Posts: 67 ★★
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7-hVoAiLC4

So this took me a few tries, but it was pretty consistent and not that difficult once you get the spacing down.

1) Heavy only until you're ready to throw a special, then you can medium attack. Light attacks will build his energize which while some people like building up to 5 or so really puts you in a tough spot with spacing and will back you into the corner. You'll notice in the video as soon as he dashes back i'll immediately medium dash into his block. This isn't an intercept attempt, this is trying to back him into his wall as much as possible. You can achieve heavy only initially by utilizing your falter to your advantage, many people forget that dexing will reduce the falter timer. Dance with him a bit, and get the spacing in his sp1 down to where you can heavy counter.

2) Initially i built to an SP2, but ideally build to an SP3 using heavy only. I'm trying to get as many prowess as possible at the very beginning, because once the prowess timer starts that's just an additional timer you have to watch to keep them active and throwing specials. This is especially critical when not using a mutant boost.

3) If you make a mistake and accidentally medium intercept at the start of the fight, don't even worry about that first detonation timer. You'll get detonation damage, but you'll see in the video I was able to will power heal that back pretty easily (and this is my alternate account which only has 1 point in willpower)

4) The hardest part of this fight, if you execute the first 3 steps correctly, comes after you finish your final special attack. Now you've got to be watching 3 timers, falter timer, detonation timer, and time to your prowess expires. In the video, I throw SP1s into his block, wait a bit to gain some charges and then dash back to reset my prowess. You honestly can solo this fight by just throwing SP1s after your initial cycle, but I got a bit lucky at the very end when i got hit where it pushed me to my SP2 to finish the fight easily. Had he not hit me, it would have been a longer video.

I found this fight actually easier without mutant boosts because I could easily manage getting back to 100 charges and not risk pushing his power past 2 bars. You'll gain prowess and keep it quicker with a mutant boost, but you still have to manage your charges to keep him power locked. It just kept things much simpler for me, even if it ended up taking longer

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★
    Very nice r3 or r2 I’m done it to take me 10 minutes because ai wasn’t a fan of use sp when needed to no bots to