First war with no compensation

ScottyKnowsScottyKnows Member Posts: 113
This is the first war of the season without our normal compensation and you can tell the lack of drive on both sides. By now my ally and the opponents were at least almost cleared of section two, but we are still section one and our opponents only have a few fights cleared of section 2. One of my defenders took out one of their teammates HOURS ago and he’s yet to revive. It’s sad, there’s a lot less engagement and activity in AW, but we saw this coming.

Comments

• The_man001The_man001 Member Posts: 624 ★★★
    A3G0N said:

I still have 4 sets of compensation remaining. 2 sets in overflow and 2 sets unclaimed.

Maybe u are among the 1% of the game who is not facing any issue?
  • DrenlinDrenlin Member Posts: 787 ★★★
    You do know they have AW team revives for 1 loyalty in the store right? And they are upgraded to restore %40 health instead of the standard 4000
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Member Posts: 294 ★★

This aw is literally unplayable for me. The most terrible experience till now in my 2 years of mcoc.

The game is just useless when basic controls doesn't work

Every animation on aw makes the screen to freeze for 10 secs. I died agains mojo with ht pre fight. I almost never die against any mystics in aw, i cover as many mystics as possible on aw every season. 1 heavy animation from mojo freezes the screen for 10s(i am just not mentioning what happens after special animations of literally every champ) .. And when the screen recovers i take a full combo. After that trying to hit mojo he dexes and parries me.

Frequency of getting parried on aw was highest for me today in my 2 years of mcoc, each fight i got parried 3 times atleast.

Block barely works and parry is so unreliable for me. I honestly cant find a single reason now to continue playing this game, When the game is broken as hell and weekly compensation is stopped abruptly. </blockquote

This is me too a lot. Mine does not freeze as long but freezes. Last week just fighting an og hulk he through his s1 and his fist froze in the ground and we were both stuck for a few seconds. The more animations a champ has on specials the worse. I opted into beta inputs before the big release and it actually had fixed my game. Once they released it to the masses bugs were back plus more. This is the reason I did not drop $300 to get the 10k unit deal at any point.

• QuikPikQuikPik Member Posts: 811 ★★★★

Our first war found that the other team had not placed a single defender.

So I finished this one totally itemless.

What tier did that happen?
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Member Posts: 666 ★★★★
    Died twice this war because parry failed and I ate combos. Fun and interactive!
  • TyphoonTyphoon Member Posts: 1,796 ★★★★★
    Personally, I stocked up on the 40% revives and bought 10 level 4 AW health pots. Now out of loyalty. We'll see how long this lasts me.
  • Subudu14Subudu14 Member Posts: 2
    The rewards for gold alliances are just not worth it compared to the cost. It is as the OP said, there is no motivation to fight and pay
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

This is the first war of the season without our normal compensation and you can tell the lack of drive on both sides. By now my ally and the opponents were at least almost cleared of section two, but we are still section one and our opponents only have a few fights cleared of section 2. One of my defenders took out one of their teammates HOURS ago and he’s yet to revive. It’s sad, there’s a lot less engagement and activity in AW, but we saw this coming.

Revives are free…..
    For anyone playing competitive AW, the goal is to not get KO
    Thinking about free revives means thinking about getting KO, which can quickly turn to thinking about losing the war, which can turn to losing precious ranks
    In war players don't rely on revives but on potions
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,403 ★★★★★
    QuikPik said:

Our first war found that the other team had not placed a single defender.

So I finished this one totally itemless.

What tier did that happen?
    We're middle tier, not competitive.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,403 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

Revives are free…..
    Thinking about free revives means thinking about getting KO, which can quickly turn to thinking about losing the war, which can turn to losing precious ranks

Maybe we shouldn't be able to revive and heal ourselves through AW. Maybe losing health or getting KO'd should be a consequence that isn't reversible.
  • danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,076 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

Revives are free…..
    I don’t think OP is doing competitive war…..i’m in tier 1 so i’m aware of it
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Member Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Don't want to get ahead of myself but maybe, just maybe, wait more than literally 1 single war until we make sweeping generalizations about the War Meta. Most people should still have items from Compensation for at least a few wars.
  • PussaleyPussaley Member Posts: 54
    A3G0N said:

I still have 4 sets of compensation remaining. 2 sets in overflow and 2 sets unclaimed.

Playing Tier-8? :)
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Member Posts: 768 ★★★
    Can we stop with these comp type threads.

The game is broken, deal with it.

Parry is broken, deal with it.

Dexterity is broken, deal with it.

Why would any of that ^ mean we deserve anything?
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Member Posts: 768 ★★★

Can we stop with these comp type threads.

The game is broken, deal with it.

Parry is broken, deal with it.

Dexterity is broken, deal with it.

Why would any of that ^ mean we deserve anything?

kabam set the precedent for comp while the game was broken. the game is still incredibly broken, you can’t blame people for being upset that kabam stopped comp for what appears to be 0 reason besides jumping the gun.
    Obviously! I was just being silly. Just adding to this huge one sided conversation 😘

AMS94 said:

Revives are free…..
    I don’t think OP is doing competitive war…..i’m in tier 1 so i’m aware of it
    Just tier 1 is not competitive
    Anything from the Golds to the Masters is competitive AW
    Even some silver alliances play competitively

AMS94 said:

Revives are free…..

Maybe we shouldn't be able to revive and heal ourselves through AW. Maybe losing health or getting KO'd should be a consequence that isn't reversible.
    Then that makes AW much more stressful then it already is
    And that stress should reflect in the rewards which are already quite underwhelming for all the effort, planning & stress involved