**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

mastery setup free for how long?

2»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

I just feel like they should've gave us until 1pm Pacific standard time to change it back because it was ultimately their mistake. The behavior is shady at best and purposeful at worse.

It's not shady. It was a bug. Information on here indicated they were not meant to be free.
    The Shady part is not giving us enough time to switch our masteries back. That is what happened 100%. It is my opinion but you're free to disagree.
    So leave a bug to allow people to revert an exploit? Interesting logic.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

I just feel like they should've gave us until 1pm Pacific standard time to change it back because it was ultimately their mistake. The behavior is shady at best and purposeful at worse.

It's not shady. It was a bug. Information on here indicated they were not meant to be free.
    The Shady part is not giving us enough time to switch our masteries back. That is what happened 100%. It is my opinion but you're free to disagree.
    Surely a seasoned top20 aq summoner such as yourself didn't think they made masteries free without telling anyone did you? If anyone tried to take advantage of it that's on them
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Oh wow. Love the new profile picture

Edit; nevermind they changed it
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Surely a seasoned top20 aq summoner such as yourself didn't think they made masteries free without telling anyone did you? If anyone tried to take advantage of it that's on them
    You know they released the 10k unit offer to everyone right? Knowing it was probably bugged, people still bought it. How is this different from that?
    I agree with your point, however I browsed the forums first before taking that 10k offer. LOL. I care too much about my account to lose it all for capitalizing on some loose slip-up by Kabam. Can't be too careful, you know?
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

You know they released the 10k unit offer to everyone right? Knowing it was probably bugged, people still bought it. How is this different from that?
    You know that was also a bug right? And we went from hell and back to finally find a solution that didn't require removing resources from players who bought it.

It's not different. Same situation where players took advantage of something unintended. The 10k offer issue was just big enough to warrant rerelease so other players could catch up.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,304 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

You know that was also a bug right? And we went from hell and back to finally find a solution that didn't require removing resources from players who bought it.

It's not different. Same situation where players took advantage of something unintended. The 10k offer issue was just big enough to warrant rerelease so other players could catch up.
    Not talking about the rerelease or how kabam handled it. But even seasoned veterans jumped at the offer knowing pretty well it was bugged and bought it. I didn’t know that this was free but some unsuspecting person logs in to change their masteries, finds that it’s free and switches it multiple times. How is this on the people if they do it? If kabam sent an in game message that it’s bugged and not to exploit, then it’s a different story.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Mobius360 said:

Imagine a world where we didn't have pay to use the masteries we already paid to unlock.

🤪
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

I knew it was there mistake once they added the message onto the forums. I didn't know before that. Smh
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    I hope they make it free. Would make sense why this and another update regarding the daily events went live ahead of time. I hope both were meant for tomorrow then stay.
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★
    edited June 2022
    I can't find the post, but Kabam Miike did state sometime recently that changes to masteries are never going to be free. Doing that was out of the question, as far as Kabam is concerned. Now if it's free for a limited time only, Kabam will tell us. Otherwise, you'd have to assume it was unintentional. I'd love for there to be an option to change around my masteries for free amongst the items already paid for. But if I was unlocking something, that would cost whatever price. Could this be a future possibility @Kabam Miike ?
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 644 ★★★
    That’s so wrong if Kabam makes players pay back masteries cost. I moved some things around before I saw anything about this. That’s totally unfair I have to pay for those mess up when I just thought it was another good thing kabam was doing to be player based. Players shouldn’t have to pay back the cost to move masteries Kabam! It’s not like they unlocked the masteries or stolen anything!
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I wish I had known they were free lol. I've got some act 7 paths left I need to take suicides off for. Oh well.
  • Options
    ForwardForward Posts: 115 ★★
    I run suicides and don't really play half my roster because a lot of champs just aren't good with them. Having free masteries would allow me to rank them champs and freely play them. It would honestly freshen up the game for me.

But nope! Can't be having that! If this was a bug that benefit Kabam, like many many bugs we've had before, they would be investigating it, collecting data and taking their sweet time getting to it.

Masteries should be free. It would honestly be good for the game. Not to mention how much quicker it is to reallocate your masteries when they are free. It takes half the time because it's not freezing while taking your units.
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    I never got caught up in this thankfully. But I can sympathise with those that probably did, and ended up changing set ups for free only to have to pay the next time.

A lot of people play games and don't join online forums to keep constantly up to date with every change in the game. Add in the fact that there is an in-game messaging service for the game to send important info through, I don't understand why people should have to be left high and dry many times over for mistakes that aren't communicated properly.
  • Options
    frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 313 ★★★
    Kabam....there is enough monetization in the game as is. Allow the player base to be able to explore and experiment with different set ups. Most players just set and forget because switching is a hassle and experimentation is cost prohibitive. Make a game fun and interesting and people are more than happy to spend money on it.