**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Now That The Battlegrounds Beta Is Almost Over, Here Are Some Suggestions For The Official Release

GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
First off I'd like to say that most of battlegrounds I really enjoyed. But some of the aspects of the mode I feel really should be altered/improved. Maybe some of these things aren't concepts Kabam can even fix but ive listed some suggestions that I and hopefully others really want to see. I can only imagine the amount of disagree emotes I'll get for this but there has to be at least one of these points that you all can agree with. @Kabam Miike it would mean a lot if you considered all of these things, and you dont have to put all of these things into place but a thought is all im after (And no I'm not going to bring up Modders because thats been talked about a lot already, however yes it is still important)

1. Matchmaking
When I said that some of these things aren't concepts Kabam can even fix, this is what I was referring to as it can be hard to decide how they want matchmaking to work. But, matchmaking was 100% my least favorite part of this mode. I have queued up a total of 220 times and I can remember only 1 match where the opponent didn't have at least 3 R3 6*s, and I only have 2. Yes the difference of 1 R3 is very minuscule but it usually wasn't that close. The average amount of R3s my opponent had was about 8. Not to mention at least a third of my matches were against Paragons. The difference between an early Thronebreaker and a Paragon is so far apart and is very unfair to the TB player.

This is a hard concept to fix but this is how I would do it. Make all queue ups within 500 or even 1000 prestige of each other. This would match up much more similar rosters to both players, instead of making a very easy win for one of them. I feel that prestige is the easiest way to categorize players than progression titles which have a much broader type of rosters.

2. Time
The fact that I can have a much larger percentage of health than my opponent at the end of our fights and loose because I took a longer (but safer) fight is so confusing to me. We should be rewarded for playing safe fights and Time shouldn't be a factor in only one circumstance: If the points from defender health and attacker health added together both end in a tie. This is a very rare instance of happening but that's how I'd do it.

In all 6 of these photos, I believe I should have won the round. I finished with more health every in all of them, and if my opponent ever lost to time as well, I really dont call it a win for myself cause if the point system made sense to me, id have lost. I don't expect everyone to agree with me on this topic but at the same time, this is just my opinion.

3. Draft/Placement Turns
If you draft you're champs 1st you're a a much higher disadvantage than the opponent because they always have an option to counter what player 1 chose last. How I would fix this is make player 1 pick 1st and Last For instance this is how I'd fix it:
Player 1 Drafts 2
Player 2 Drafts 2
P1 Drafts 2
P2 Drafts 3
P1 Drafts 2
P2 Drafts 2
P1 Drafts 1

Now Player 1 Drafts 1st and last so them and their opponent have the same advantages. It might not be a perfect system but its the best I can offer. As for Placement I'd have Player 1 place defender first in Round, Player 2 place defender in round 2, and Both Players place at the same time in Round 3

4. Store Additions
Gold is what I would love to see in the store the most considering its in every other piece of content in the game (Yes even the small amounts in AQ and AW) And f course I'd love to see R4 materials to help us to the eventual paragon.

5. Little Changes (Things I'd like to see but much less important than the first 3)
The ability to see the rank and sig level of my opponent's champion. For instance Shang Chi is decent against a low sig level Thing but a high sig level Thing he's awful against. The ability to see the sig level of my defender will help me strategize my drafting.

Emotes which were used in the CCP beta are kinda something id be interested in and would love it if they made it in the game again.

Lastly I think this should add points to the hero use solo event. Its not to many fights so there isn't any reason it shouldn't

Again, I can only imagine the amount of disagree emotes I'll get for this but there has to be at least one of these points that you all can agree with.

Comments

• Options
    CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    I want them to fix all the bugs and to lower the energy cost for it to 10, but more importantly, why why was a mode that's in Beta costing 15 energy
  • Options
    DoosraDoosra Posts: 359 ★★★
    Actually I would like an arena fight situation
    Picking attackers and defenders in one go
    And fighting them back to back
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★

Disgaree strongly on point 2. it actually allows you to strategize and decide whether you want to go kamikaze or safe and slow depending on the matchup your opponent got. And as others have said there is no "should be this way". There is a certain way scoring is made and you have to play with it.

Youe objective is not to play 'safe' or 'fast'. It's to maximize points.

That last line sums it all.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I have an idea! Why don’t we remove refresh charges!

Imagine is Rainbow Six or Overwatch made you wait 18 hours after using a champion three times.

In a competitive game mode I always want my top champs available to me. The only thing this cost does is drive players away from the mode as soon as one on their team is burned.

I’ve tried to look at this from any perspective but I cannot find a single pro to this system.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I have an idea! Why don’t we remove refresh charges!

Imagine is Rainbow Six or Overwatch made you wait 18 hours after using a champion three times.

In a competitive game mode I always want my top champs available to me. The only thing this cost does is drive players away from the mode as soon as one on their team is burned.

I’ve tried to look at this from any perspective but I cannot find a single pro to this system.

It incentivizes roster width and not just too side strength. If you can make a dozen swaps without losing a great deal of deck strength you can continue matching and still win. Pretty straightforward if you ask me. Would it be the end of the world if we had 5 charges per champ? Definitely not. I am a fan of people either having to change up their decks or wait personally though
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    My take, almost 500 matches:

1. Stop giving objective points to players who quit.
    2. On the Round Results screen, display remaining champs at bottom of the window. You have to wait here often so you could plan next move, and make a quick decision.
    3. On banning window, use some sort of visual indicator for champs on the defender deck that you have on yours. I often forget who is on cool down.
    4. Reduce energy req to 10.
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Change the energy to its own currency... Why do I have to pick between questing or battlegrounds? I'm fairly confident this is just a beta thing and will change anyway.
  • Options
    yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    show the number of charges left when picking champ
  • Options
    I think reduce the energy if they have charge costs. The cost of refresh and the energy costs are both high when combined in my opinion
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Personally I actually disagree with a couple of your suggestions.
    1. Using a Battlegrounds Rating for matchmaking is a much more fair way to decide opponents. Using a mode specific rating will inevitably push win rates towards 50% for everyone which is the goal of the game mode. If you use Prestige, you will have people who are highly skilled just dominating their opponents and you will also have people who have paid for their prestige be in a situation where everyone they face is just better than them. Both those groups of people will have win rates significantly different than 50% which is not ideal. After logging 250 plus games in this mode, I have realized that sometimes it's the people with the smaller rosters that you have to be scared of. There is a reason they are winning. The only obvious exception to this rule is the people who just throw a bunch of games and then try to win against easier opponents. This will hopefully go away when they implement some kind of season rewards.

2. This is a very contentious topic as there hasn't been a precedent for "grading" a fight before Battlegrounds. I personally think it is important to reward speed. It is an indicator of how much dominance a person had over the matchup that was given to them. Now while I do agree that there could be some work on the scoring system, I don't want this mode to necessarily become slower. If you increase the priority of remaining health in the scoring system, you run into a very specific risk that I think is a negative for the game mode regarding healing. It should NEVERbe advantageous for a player to intentionally draw out the length of a fight just so that they can heal. More specifically, I'm looking at Characters who heal persistently via Willpower (Kingpin, Diablo, etc.). The matchups aren't particularly long but keeping them fast paced is very important to the mode. You need to balance the difference between fight duration and remaining health properly. You clearly disagree but I personally prefer that getting a fight down in 20 sec with Human Torch is usually a Win even if I lose 20% of my Health. I do not want that to be a loss compared to someone using King Groot and taking the full 2 minutes to take a fight down. Some Characters are great at Sustainability and others are great at DPS. Both types should be viable for the game mode.

Furthermore, there is also interest in the balancing of masteries. If you are running Recoil, Double Edge, and Liquid Courage, the general consensus for most of the nodes is that you are at a disadvantage. If you put more weight on Health Remaining and less on Fight Duration, you are just making that an even bigger issue than it already is.