**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Loyalty in gold tier war

So another fellow and I have been running a gold 2/3 alliance. We do not earn enough loyalty for wins and losses to make up for the amount spent. Period. Personally I have gone down from 800k loyalty before the changes down to 370k in just one season. So we are going to have to rely on the free 40% revives and just deal with the deaths. This is not ideal as I’d like my champions health to be in a relatively good place before entering a fight but by the end of this season or the start of the next, that won’t be possible without units. More changes need to be made.

Comments

• Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,427 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

I don’t mean to sound harsh here but if you’re struggling by taking a lot of damage and needing to heal, you might be in too high of a tier or bracket.

True. Input issues that have been there a year, AI issues that many people have spoken about and general mistakes are not allowed.
    Needing to heal doesn't mean that you're in too high a bracket. Noone is perfect. Everyone who plays war properly knows that the loyalty system is whack atm and you spend much more than you can get.
  • Options
    sirderekoflanesirderekoflane Posts: 75
    Not too harsh, I get it. Honestly I don’t lose much health but I like to be topped up going into a fight. I lose maybe 10% on a fight and only more when I seriously mess up. I have only died 4 times this season. But every potion is 20k loyalty and if I use 3 potions per war and get 20k in return. I am still losing 40k. I’m talking about the fact that even with bare minimum in spending, I lose out. It can’t be the we can only afford 1 potion per war. That does not make sense realistically speaking.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    If you’re struggling that much maybe try a silver alliance? I’m not sure your roster or your skill but it sounds like right now you’re a bit high compared to your skill or roster size.

Also on the other side, in that tier (it’s been a really long time since I’ve been there) deaths are probably abundant there so I don’t see the “healing by reviving” a big problem either. That method in higher tiers would hurt but in gold 2/3 I think should be fine.

I know that doesn’t fix the situation because the increase for wins only have benefitted us in much higher tiers it was just a bandaid. There is still a lot that needs to be done.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,194 ★★★★★
    It’s only gold tier, why waste potions to tap up? What tier war and how many bg are you playing? 20k loyalty seem little. I am in tier 4 but only 1bg. With a win, we get 31k loyalty.
  • Options
    I also may add that I am down a little extra loyalty because

If you’re struggling that much maybe try a silver alliance? I’m not sure your roster or your skill but it sounds like right now you’re a bit high compared to your skill or roster size.

Also on the other side, in that tier (it’s been a really long time since I’ve been there) deaths are probably abundant there so I don’t see the “healing by reviving” a big problem either. That method in higher tiers would hurt but in gold 2/3 I think should be fine.

I know that doesn’t fix the situation because the increase for wins only have benefitted us in much higher tiers it was just a bandaid. There is still a lot that needs to be done.

It’s not a skill issue. I just like the safety feeling of going into a fight at full health or close to. I take the harder paths and again have on died 4 times this season. I have the roster and skill to do it. The plan right now is just to stop healing and run with it. It’s sketchy, but I know I can do it but it leaves no room for mistakes
  • Options
    Oh I left a message there unfinished. I was also going to say that I am down a little extra due to the fact that I was stocking up during off season.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,194 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022

zuffy said:

It’s only gold tier, why waste potions to tap up? What tier war and how many bg are you playing? 20k loyalty seem little. I am in tier 4 but only 1bg. With a win, we get 31k loyalty.

It’s “only” gold tier?

To get higher you need to win. It’s a bit disingenuous and elitist to say “only” gold. You may not take it seriously but other people will.
    Not being an elitist. Just not realistic for someone in gold, and maybe gold 3, base on the loyalty op posted to play a similar item use style like tier 1 war. The items used dont justify the rewards. If op is serious, better to join a gold 1 or plat alliance that take war seriously.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★
    zuffy said:

zuffy said:

It’s “only” gold tier?

To get higher you need to win. It’s a bit disingenuous and elitist to say “only” gold. You may not take it seriously but other people will.
    Not being an elitist. Just not realistic for someone in gold, and maybe gold 3, base on the loyalty op posted to play a similar item use style like tier 1 war. The items used dont justify the rewards. If op is serious, better to join a gold 1 or plat alliance that take war seriously.
    At the end of the day, OP clearly feels that they want to heal up to get the edge. In their situation, maybe a couple less deaths is the difference between advancing. I understand your point on gold being less serious in terms of potions use, but to them, the difference in rewards is relatively just as big as Plat wars and it may give them that edge.

I just think an answer of “join a better alliance”, or “only gold” misses the point a little. OP may have a good group of members and want to stay there.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    War is supposed to be a monetized game mode at the elite levels. If you want to go into every fight at 100% or so, there is a cost to do that whether it be potions, regen boosts, or simply better performance or champion selection for the fights. Are you doing your fights individually or in groups? There's also a ton of strategy as an alliance. How much are you communicating with alliance mates about who should take what fights. Are you averaging more than 5 fights per War. If you take on more fights than you're "supposed" to, it can understandably by unsustainable. And Finally, this will be my most controversial take, are you paying attention to the score and the other teams performance. Sometimes you can die without really any consequence. If you're up (or down sometimes) by enough, a death isn't going to matter in the grand scheme of things. Managing resources is a critical component of this game. I'm in a 1 BG Gold 2 Alliance, we die, it happens. I don't think I've ever seen a full War map result in less than 5 deaths for either side.