**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why do my champs run forward when I block or dash back?

My champs dash forward when I’m either blocking or dashing back. Why?

Sometimes, when I use heavy attack, my champs just stand and freeze waiting to be clobbered.

These phenomena have been happening since the new input was launched.

Comments

• Options
    JestuhJestuh Posts: 273 ★★★

Sometimes, when I use heavy attack, my champs just stand and freeze waiting to be clobbered.

Major input and lag issues are the reason.

See here and post your feedback.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/306653/requesting-specific-information-about-lag-issues#latest

See also here for a Google form for each instance they requested we use.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScE3MyLKh6OpzVdZZzDeNO3RbALXylAzdGfF74ejOrldgPOTg/viewform?fbzx=-8070030160456134558
  • Options
    0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    Just happened to me with the dashing back but it goes forward instead. I thought I might make a mistake so I don't bother too much with it but apparently other players also experiencing this.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    This has happened with me as well
    Happened once in an AW fight against Nick Fury which made me give a kill as he was in his 2nd life, & another time in an AQ fight this morning
    Both times it happened while I was blocking
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I had this issue with my new ipad and figured out if was me. The 2021 iPad has a tony gap between the screen end and the edge of the device, and I figured out my palm was lightly touching the screen when I did not mean to. Caused all sorts of weird behavior. Bought a fat ipad case that provides more space. Worked for me.
  • Options
    LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 422 ★★
    edited June 2022

maybe they’re just trying to do the Cha Cha Slide
    Slide to the left, slide to the right…
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    edited June 2022

i consider myself an excelent quake player, but im having this issue recently with multiple champs, no only her, sometimes the heavy atack doesnt register, i press and hold and the dude just stand there doing nothing, da hell is this

• Options
    GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
    It just happen to me, first time since the update, I have other major input issues but first time this happened and in war too
  • Options
    Saint_Mart74Saint_Mart74 Posts: 84
    edited June 2022
    For a company who's revenue is 350M, I don't understand why they haven't fixed these issues yet. SMH.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Thank you for letting us know!

I know it's frustrating. As mentioned above, this is a bug that is known by our dev team. It's something we're working on.

This form is your best tool for providing specific details of the issues you've encountered. It's all forwarded on to our dev team to help them analyze and solve the problems!

The form that goes into the black hole of responses? Just filling that form out angers me as it feels like a placebo
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 639 ★★★

For a company who's revenue is 350M, I don't understand why they haven't fixed these issues yet. SMH.

They are pocketing it…. Finally someone else sees it. I’ve made post like this before. With the money the game makes and the low over head( meaning they don’t have to buy inventory to sell to us. Just the kabam employee) this game should of been fixed.
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 639 ★★★
    I’m really hoping they come through with a mind blowing comp pack to make up for a year long bug.
  • Options
    Capt_MegasauceCapt_Megasauce Posts: 138

Becuase this game is broken and it seems they have no intention on fixing it, it was fine when they were giving us compensation but took that away even know nothing is fixed with the game, it actually gets worse with every update.

The even funnier part is that the moderators on this forum keep quiet about it. I would recommend to anyone starting this game to delete it now from thier device and find something else to spend thier time on. THIS GAME HAS BECOME MORE FRUSTRATING THAN FUN!!!!
    Then delete it. There’s nothing forcing you to stay here. And in case you didn’t realize, Kabam knows that this isn’t good for their business. Do you think that the strategy of “break the game, make everyone leave, go bankrupt” is a good one?

In case you couldn’t guess, it isn’t

They are working to fix it. I’m going to guess that the mods aren’t the best programmers, which would be why they can’t fix it. In case you didn’t know, programming is hard. That’s why they have specific people to do it.

If you go check out the bugs and known issues section, you’ll notice that Kabam has done their best to tell us what’s going on. If you would like the behind the scenes look at what’s going on, I would recommend you go put in an job application to Kabam. Other than that, the only thing you can do is 1) continue to complain about it on here (which I must say, is getting more and more annoying each time I see someone do it), or 2), you could go find some other game to play.
    If you’re not a programmer, specifically a video game programmer, then please refrain from speaking on the process. If you are, then I’m sorry you find programming hard. I’m a software developer, specifically a full stack mobile app developer, and programming isn’t as hard as it is complex when you have a beast of a game like this. I would expect a slow go at this if Kabam was still a startup, but they’re not. They’re an international company with the budget to hire top notch developers. I’m sure they’ve done so. I won’t go into the fact that game developers don’t make nearly as much and have some of the worst work-life balance in all the industry. I’m sure they’re doing the best they can and then some. Unfortunately, for game of this size and popularity, it will never be enough.

The real problems they’re having to solve is rebuilding the game from the ground up. I forget if they said they’re on the Unreal engine or Unity, but either or… that’s no easy task. Depending on the developers that started their code base, and how well the documentation is, this process can and probably will take 2 years to be back to any semblance of what it was. I’m guessing as more complex systems and algorithms were implemented, the less scalable the code base became. I can only imagine the nightmare that is their legacy code.

The company I work for is currently doing something similar. We’re taking an app that was built in Unity and rebuilding it in Flutter. I had no previous knowledge of Flutter or Dart, so when I started I spent a good month learning before I even started typing my first line of code. We have our 2.0 pilot release with basic tasks and functionality on the 30. It’s a smaller monster then MCOC, but we started refactoring the app last November. So I know the struggle.

To be honest, if I just started playing this game, I would have probably uninstalled it by now, but I’m not. I’ve been here since 2016 and the friendships and fun I have when playing far exceed the frustrations and wasted resources when input fails. It sucks, and I can understand everyone’s viewpoint, but we’re all in this together and we should be nicer to one another regardless of what we think of other peoples comments or posts. Wishful thinking at least.
  • Options
    Capt_MegasauceCapt_Megasauce Posts: 138

Becuase this game is broken and it seems they have no intention on fixing it, it was fine when they were giving us compensation but took that away even know nothing is fixed with the game, it actually gets worse with every update.

The even funnier part is that the moderators on this forum keep quiet about it. I would recommend to anyone starting this game to delete it now from thier device and find something else to spend thier time on. THIS GAME HAS BECOME MORE FRUSTRATING THAN FUN!!!!
    Then delete it. There’s nothing forcing you to stay here. And in case you didn’t realize, Kabam knows that this isn’t good for their business. Do you think that the strategy of “break the game, make everyone leave, go bankrupt” is a good one?

They are working to fix it. I’m going to guess that the mods aren’t the best programmers, which would be why they can’t fix it. In case you didn’t know, programming is hard. That’s why they have specific people to do it.

If you go check out the bugs and known issues section, you’ll notice that Kabam has done their best to tell us what’s going on. If you would like the behind the scenes look at what’s going on, I would recommend you go put in an job application to Kabam. Other than that, the only thing you can do is 1) continue to complain about it on here (which I must say, is getting more and more annoying each time I see someone do it), or 2), you could go find some other game to play.
    If you’re not a programmer, specifically a video game programmer, then please refrain from speaking on the process. If you are, then I’m sorry you find programming hard. I’m a software developer, specifically a full stack mobile app developer, and programming isn’t as hard as it is complex when you have a beast of a game like this. I would expect a slow go at this if Kabam was still a startup, but they’re not. They’re an international company with the budget to hire top notch developers. I’m sure they’ve done so. I won’t go into the fact that game developers don’t make nearly as much and have some of the worst work-life balance in all the industry. I’m sure they’re doing the best they can and then some. Unfortunately, for game of this size and popularity, it will never be enough.

The real problems they’re having to solve is rebuilding the game from the ground up. I forget if they said they’re on the Unreal engine or Unity, but either or… that’s no easy task. Depending on the developers that started their code base, and how well the documentation is, this process can and probably will take 2 years to be back to any semblance of what it was. I’m guessing as more complex systems and algorithms were implemented, the less scalable the code base became. I can only imagine the nightmare that is their legacy code.

The company I work for is currently doing something similar. We’re taking an app that was built in Unity and rebuilding it in Flutter. I had no previous knowledge of Flutter or Dart, so when I started I spent a good month learning before I even started typing my first line of code. We have our 2.0 pilot release with basic tasks and functionality on the 30. It’s a smaller monster then MCOC, but we started refactoring the app last November. So I know the struggle.

To be honest, if I just started playing this game, I would have probably uninstalled it by now, but I’m not. I’ve been here since 2016 and the friendships and fun I have when playing far exceed the frustrations and wasted resources when input fails. It sucks, and I can understand everyone’s viewpoint, but we’re all in this together and we should be nicer to one another regardless of what we think of other peoples comments or posts. Wishful thinking at least.
    Also, the moderators most likely aren’t programmers or developers. They might have a senior developer here, i think they do, but only posts every once in a while. It’s probably a product team that is customer facing that act as the go between for the client (i.e. us, the summoners, and shareholders) and the engineering and development teams. At least, that’s been my experience.
  • Options
    IRONHIDE_1IRONHIDE_1 Posts: 34

Somebody had thier "cranky juice" today, sorry but I thought that's what forums were for, voicing you're concern which in turn may help the creators and/or programmers to help figure out issues. I'd say if you're sick of reading posts like this then just skip over them and don't read them.

I've been playing the game for a little over 5 years and have had fun doing so, it just gets a little frustrating when the basic functions of the game aren't working properly.
  • Options
    IRONHIDE_1IRONHIDE_1 Posts: 34
    Kabam Jax said:

Thank you for letting us know!

I know it's frustrating. As mentioned above, this is a bug that is known by our dev team. It's something we're working on.

This form is your best tool for providing specific details of the issues you've encountered. It's all forwarded on to our dev team to help them analyze and solve the problems!

@kabam Jax thank you for the response!