Hercules Hercules

Maestro1713Maestro1713 Member Posts: 129
edited June 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Can someone please explain to me what all the hype is about? I have him as 5/65 sig 140.... only have ever used in arenas
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Member Posts: 1,782 ★★★★
    edited June 2022

Can someone please explain to me what all the hype is about? I have him as 5/65 sig 140.... only have ever used in arenas

Arenas isn't a good place to test a champ. Take him thru some of the contents and see.

BTW why is he 5/65 sig 140 when you hardly use him?
  • Maestro1713Maestro1713 Member Posts: 129
    Lpoo said:

You are doing yourself a disservice by not bringing him on quests 80-100% of the time

I want to.... just trying to figure it out! Lol
  • LpooLpoo Member Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

Lpoo said:

You are doing yourself a disservice by not bringing him on quests 80-100% of the time

I want to.... just trying to figure it out! Lol
    You got this! As far as learning a champ, he’s very straightforward. Intercept sp1, intercept sp2, most fights are over lol
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 809 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Crys23 said:

He's a "build up" champion, either in a single fight or over the course of a quest. To build him up and benefit from the extra damage and combat power gain, you have to intercept quite a bit (not something that will shine in an arena fight). Try him on same larger health pools. Intercept with your specials, L1 first, then L2.
    Also, he can't die as long as you're attacking

On a scale of 1 to 10, Herc and Ghost are 9.9. Everyone else is 8.5 and below.

You missed Kitty in that 9.9 scale
    No, I didn't. I really really didn't. Kitty isn't even best mutant. Apoc and OR are better, imo.
  • Champ_ZChamp_Z Member Posts: 155
    edited June 2022
    Don't worry he's meh, I'd sell my 6* r3 if I had the choice
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Member Posts: 3,415 ★★★★★
    I accidentally took my r3 to sig 200 ...i wanted to use all sigs on Groot but i was Diablo that day.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Member Posts: 884 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Three things.

First, he's a very strong ramp up damage champ. There are two kinds of ramp up damage champs. There are the kind that ramp up over many fights. Think Corvus, think Aegon. Then there are the kind that ramp up during a fight. Think Sparky, think Proxima. Herc does both. He ramps up charges during fights and can theoretically max out his damage in a single long fight. He also has persistent charges so he can build them up across many fights. He ramps up very fast, so he doesn't need extremely long paths to do so, like Aegon often needs to. And he doesn't lose that ramp up, unlike say Sparky (unless you get stunned a lot). Ramped up, he hits like a truck, if the Hulk threw it at you.

Second, he has some useful utility. He has a taunt-like infuriate debuff that makes the defender more aggressive, which is useful for setting up intercepts. He has True Sense, which counters miss and autoblock. That's two of the three most common annoying ways a defender can avoid you (Evade, of course, being the third).

Third, his awakened ability makes him immortal the first time in a fight he takes sufficient damage to drop health to zero. Not only can he not die during this phase, he also takes no damage, which means he can heal back health if he has damage over time debuffs on him when he goes immortal (including suicide debuffs). While immortal he's also unblockable, and while attacking his immortality is paused. So even if the defender decides to hide behind block passively in the corner, you can still continuously attack and be continuously immortal. Unless they hit you with an SP3.

There's also other stuff. He's fairly suicide friendly due to bleed and poison having less effect on him (and his self synergy extends extra benefits for liquid courage). He has some other interesting synergies. While he has strength charges he's stun immune. It is a pretty useful bag of tricks in total.
    Everything here is awesome - except about the immortality. He still takes damage while immortal. He just cannot die. You might be thinking of kraven, who (with his immortality synergy) can become immortal and (for whatever reason) prevents damage from being taken while active. It’s basically an indestructible at that point. I think it’s good to have an immortality and an indestructible and be able to differentiate between them. Indestructible you take no damage, from any source, and immortality you just cannot die. Unfortunately kraven and his aforementioned synergy that allows him to go immortal doesn’t fit this description :(
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    Crys23 said:

ItsDamien said:

Crys23 said:

He's a "build up" champion, either in a single fight or over the course of a quest. To build him up and benefit from the extra damage and combat power gain, you have to intercept quite a bit (not something that will shine in an arena fight). Try him on same larger health pools. Intercept with your specials, L1 first, then L2.
    Also, he can't die as long as you're attacking

On a scale of 1 to 10, Herc and Ghost are 9.9. Everyone else is 8.5 and below.

You missed Kitty in that 9.9 scale
    No, I didn't. I really really didn't. Kitty isn't even best mutant. Apoc and OR are better, imo.
    Kitty is at least 9.8 if not 9.9
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    Hazzalec said:

DNA3000 said:

Three things.

First, he's a very strong ramp up damage champ. There are two kinds of ramp up damage champs. There are the kind that ramp up over many fights. Think Corvus, think Aegon. Then there are the kind that ramp up during a fight. Think Sparky, think Proxima. Herc does both. He ramps up charges during fights and can theoretically max out his damage in a single long fight. He also has persistent charges so he can build them up across many fights. He ramps up very fast, so he doesn't need extremely long paths to do so, like Aegon often needs to. And he doesn't lose that ramp up, unlike say Sparky (unless you get stunned a lot). Ramped up, he hits like a truck, if the Hulk threw it at you.

Second, he has some useful utility. He has a taunt-like infuriate debuff that makes the defender more aggressive, which is useful for setting up intercepts. He has True Sense, which counters miss and autoblock. That's two of the three most common annoying ways a defender can avoid you (Evade, of course, being the third).

Third, his awakened ability makes him immortal the first time in a fight he takes sufficient damage to drop health to zero. Not only can he not die during this phase, he also takes no damage, which means he can heal back health if he has damage over time debuffs on him when he goes immortal (including suicide debuffs). While immortal he's also unblockable, and while attacking his immortality is paused. So even if the defender decides to hide behind block passively in the corner, you can still continuously attack and be continuously immortal. Unless they hit you with an SP3.

There's also other stuff. He's fairly suicide friendly due to bleed and poison having less effect on him (and his self synergy extends extra benefits for liquid courage). He has some other interesting synergies. While he has strength charges he's stun immune. It is a pretty useful bag of tricks in total.
    Everything here is awesome - except about the immortality. He still takes damage while immortal. He just cannot die. You might be thinking of kraven, who (with his immortality synergy) can become immortal and (for whatever reason) prevents damage from being taken while active. It’s basically an indestructible at that point. I think it’s good to have an immortality and an indestructible and be able to differentiate between them. Indestructible you take no damage, from any source, and immortality you just cannot die. Unfortunately kraven and his aforementioned synergy that allows him to go immortal doesn’t fit this description :(
    You're right, I misspoke. What I was thinking in my brain when it malfunctioned is that he has net positive healing from suicide debuffs, so he can come out of immortal with more health than he went in with. Even if you die, a tiny revive can not only bring him back into the fight, if you have full suicides he can end up with a significant amount of health at the end of the fight.