**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

1 million likes update

kabam what about the 1 million likes update??is it going to arrive on 4th December

Comments

• Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    It'll be good for Kabam to either honor the reward/purchase options, or give us some other attractive alternate reward/purchase options. This will do well for Kabam's PR and win back some of the players who have lost faith in their game quality, quality of service, etc. However, I won't put much hope on them.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    If every single player just ask to a friend or family member to like MCOC on Facebook, target will be obtain easily. I, myself made 4 of my friends liked already.

if someone doesn't know mcoc or doesn't like it, why like it?
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    They have teased us with 2 amazing things with unrealistic goals.

To not go ahead will P everyone off.

That's like me saying whoever comes to my house in 30 seconds can have a million pound....

Not gonna happen is it.
  • Options
    shchong2 wrote: »
    It'll be good for Kabam to either honor the reward/purchase options, or give us some other attractive alternate reward/purchase options. This will do well for Kabam's PR and win back some of the players who have lost faith in their game quality, quality of service, etc. However, I won't put much hope on them.

I disagree. This is wrong thinking. You're basically saying "eventhough it was an obtainable goal and we didn't reach it, they should still give us the rewards we would have gotten if we did reach it." That is not good.

They set a goal and we didn't reach it. That's our fault not Kabam we have to deal with not getting the rewards.

What's next being 90% of master and askin for the 100% rewards? Doing only one pass in LoL and asking for Ultron? Only getting to 5.2.4 and wanting the be uncollected?

If they do anything all they are showing is that no matter what we will be rewarded for not reaching goals.

Doesn't matter you agree or not, at the end you and me got nothing.
    I'm only replying to OP's post, not seeking your approval, but thanks for responding anyway.
  • Options
    Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    Fives wrote: »

I disagree. This is wrong thinking. You're basically saying "eventhough it was an obtainable goal and we didn't reach it, they should still give us the rewards we would have gotten if we did reach it." That is not good.

They set a goal and we didn't reach it. That's our fault not Kabam we have to deal with not getting the rewards.

What's next being 90% of master and askin for the 100% rewards? Doing only one pass in LoL and asking for Ultron? Only getting to 5.2.4 and wanting the be uncollected?

If they do anything all they are showing is that no matter what we will be rewarded for not reaching goals.

So asking for 200k likes in one month on a page that's taken years just to get to 800k, knowing full well just how disenfranchised and dissatisfied your player base is with you and your game, is somehow a reasonable and achievable goal? And when the player base inevitably doesn't manage to reach said unachievable goal, rather than take responsibility for asking so much of an already weary player base, rather than offer them something for their commendable efforts despite the aforementioned infeasibility, you're suggesting that kabam simply wag their fingers and lay the blame on us? Mmkay.

The goal they set out was and still is definitely achievable and possible. Reasonable? I'm with you on that one.

You raise a very valid point here, the player base is quite divided on this issue with some questioning why they should hit like in the first place and some wiill just hit like for the sake of the event (I'm the latter option). That being said, we definitively cannot reach 1 million with a divided population, it's simply too much of a gamble to succeed. Instead, we need an external population, a population outside of this community, to hit like and thus making the goal attainable with our combined populations.

That brings me to the next point, in order to get an external population to hit like, we need to appeal and capture the attention of the other community in the first place. To put it simply, we are supposed promote Kabam's game despite being divided ourselves; we are the guinea pigs, the ones who are supposed to do Kabam's bidding. That's where the conflict arises, how are we supposed to promote the game and their Facebook page when we are so divided ourselves?

It almost seems like a plan set to fail from the beginning.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Wish I could see who was flagging me, ahh well mods check it anyway and it looks bad on you.
  • Options
    DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Fives wrote: »

So asking for 200k likes in one month on a page that's taken years just to get to 800k, knowing full well just how disenfranchised and dissatisfied your player base is with you and your game, is somehow a reasonable and achievable goal? And when the player base inevitably doesn't manage to reach said unachievable goal, rather than take responsibility for asking so much of an already weary player base, rather than offer them something for their commendable efforts despite the aforementioned infeasibility, you're suggesting that kabam simply wag their fingers and lay the blame on us? Mmkay.

This is exactly correct. They have one bad PR gaff after another and make the player base upset; they seemingly ignore our suggestions and make us feel insignificant, and then they ask us to promote their game FOR FREE to 250K new people which equals potential for new players and new spenders. And then the only thing we get in return is the opportunity to spend more money on their game. It was a bad deal from the get-go and bad PR since then has not helped their cause.
    I'm not saying I wouldn't purchase the $1 crystal, but still: we do free marketing for them and then we spend money on them. They win twice. But to pull of that win they have to have happy and excited players and they're making it really hard lately to be happy and excited (Goldbloom announcement trolling, lackluster Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers.)
    I honestly don't know what they should do when we inevitably don't reach reach their free marketing goal for them. But I do think it should be something. No matter what, some folks did like, share their page. And there are people (like me) that are still ready to spend on a sweet crystal offer since I spent nothing on BF or CM because the deals were boring.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    DukeZman wrote: »

This is exactly correct. They have one bad PR gaff after another and make the player base upset; they seemingly ignore our suggestions and make us feel insignificant, and then they ask us to promote their game FOR FREE to 250K new people which equals potential for new players and new spenders. And then the only thing we get in return is the opportunity to spend more money on their game. It was a bad deal from the get-go and bad PR since then has not helped their cause.
    I'm not saying I wouldn't purchase the $1 crystal, but still: we do free marketing for them and then we spend money on them. They win twice. But to pull of that win they have to have happy and excited players and they're making it really hard lately to be happy and excited (Goldbloom announcement trolling, lackluster Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers.)
    I honestly don't know what they should do when we inevitably don't reach reach their free marketing goal for them. But I do think it should be something. No matter what, some folks did like, share their page. And there are people (like me) that are still ready to spend on a sweet crystal offer since I spent nothing on BF or CM because the deals were boring.

Haha, you are definitely right!!!

Thinking out loud, I wonder if they'll get yet another bad PR when everyone goes back to the FB page and unlike them, and see the like number drop from 800k to 200k in 2 days? .... Nah I think I'm wrong, how can this happen, since everyone loves MCoC so much ... :)
  • Options
    CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    If every single player just ask to a friend or family member to like MCOC on Facebook, target will be obtain easily. I, myself made 4 of my friends liked already.

Why make anything about this game require a certain app to achieve something?

I don’t use Facebook.
  • Options
    CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Wish I could see who was flagging me, ahh well mods check it anyway and it looks bad on you.

Only if they r watching......lol
  • Options
    TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354

Attainable goal? They got 750k likes in 2.5 years and now they want another 250k likes in 3 weeks. This was meant to fail.
  • Options
    Buster wrote: »
    Cuteshelf wrote: »

Why make anything about this game require a certain app to achieve something?

I don’t use Facebook.

Then you shouldn't get rewarded, I have seen pics and video's get a million like over night.

Fine.

It’s silly to require a 3rd party app for ingame content. Especially since they frown upon others.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    They don't frown on 3rd-Party Apps. If you use them to modify the game, you break their TOS. There's a difference.
  • Options
    They don't frown on 3rd-Party Apps. If you use them to modify the game, you break their TOS. There's a difference.

Still haven’t got that name change mate.
  • Options
    FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    the 1 mil likes will not happen on time. that being said, if they issue the $1 crystal and the 1/2* arena, well and good.

if not, then it's ok.

it's like a mid year bonus - staff gets extra when the company earns profit. no profit, no bonus.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    Regardless of outcome, someone on their marketing team is getting a nice bonus for basically quadrupling traffic to their fb page with little more than an in-game email. Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I couldn't bring myself to like the page, maybe they should reward only the people that did, I can imagine the uproar that would cause though from the people that don't use Facebook
  • Options
    I really think they will extend the deadline. It is their ONLY chance to keep all likes they just bought. If we don't get the dollar crystal and the 2* arena, because they didn't get the million, and they just end it there... they know they won't keep those likes. Every single person who liked them in the last few weeks will simply click "unlike". Done.

So how can they keep these likes, for which they are so pathetically begging and bribing? They HAVE TO give us those rewards. Or they will end up with fewer likes than they had at the start of this proposal. They won't just give us the rewards without the million... they aren't that generous... so... they move the deadline. Everyone wins.

I expect a message in the next day or two... "We are so close, so we decided to extend the deadline to the end of the year (or maybe Christmas). We are so generous and kind." They get the million likes by then, and we get the rewards.

They can't just end it here, we failed, no rewards. They have to keep stringing us along for another few weeks. They painted themselves into a corner, by making the likes contingent upon a promised reward. We don't get the reward... guess what... we take back all the likes. They gave us the control this time. We hold their likes in the palm of our hands.

Additionally, I think it was their plan all along, to make the deadline Christmas. Or maybe 12/31. No one has asked the question: why did they choose such an arbitrary date as 12/4? They set us an impossible task, and they KNEW it was completely impossible from the start. They set us up to fail, so they could seem magnanimous when they graciously extend the deadline for us.

Why else didn't they just say "do it by Christmas"? Because the reward (specifically the dollar crystal) is one we have to BUY. If they announced the deadline as Christmas, and told us we had to buy the reward, there would be SO many people complaining. "Hey, it's Christmas, the reward should be free!". Already I've seen a few people complaining: "we get them all these likes, and our 'gift' is we get to give them more money?" ... A fair point, but most people don't care. A dollar is a good deal for a 4*.

No one cares about spending a dollar on 12/4. But tell them: "I will give you something on Christmas, but you have to give me a dollar"... and everyone loses their minds. So they do it this way... we fail first... they swoop in to save the day, and our Christmas present is the extended deadline. They look good. And no one complains about the dollar, because hey, we announced the dollar deal way before Christmas, planned for 12/4.
  • Options
    IlluminantIlluminant Posts: 196
    They have teased us with 2 amazing things with unrealistic goals.

To not go ahead will P everyone off.

That's like me saying whoever comes to my house in 30 seconds can have a million pound....

Not gonna happen is it.

1 million pounds ? I’m on my way lmao
  • Options
    M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    Yup aaand if we didnt get those 1 dollar 4 star im going to dissapointed. I've been waiting this day for weeks
  • Options
    JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    Buster wrote: »
    I have never in my life seen a customer base, think they deserved free stuff all the time. Every day on these forums, I see thread after thread give me this give me that. How about work for it like the rest of us do.
    It is not that we want the 1$ crystal and the 2 star arena for free, its just that it is very mean of Kabam to dangle amazing rewards like that right in our face and tell us to achieve a goal that they know full and well is ridiculously unreasonable. i THINK they will give us the rewards anyway just because they know that it was such an unreasonable goal. If they dont give us the rewards because we didnt achieve the 1 million then ok, i get it. life will go on and i will still be addicted to this game
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Glad to see Kabam has decided to go ahead releasing the Top 12 champs in the $1 crystal. Out of all the in-game quality and service quality issues, this is one of the GOOD THINGS that Kabam does it right!!! This can only be good for Kabam's income/business, its PR, for Kabam to win back some players, to keep players happy and feel appreciated, etc ...

Happy to see Kabam demonstrating the WIN-WIN mentality (instead of hey I'll maintain the rigid mindset, you don't give me 1M likes, I don't give you any crystal, you feel unhappy with me, I do nothing to fix it, let everyone end up in the LOOSE-LOOSE situation). WIN-WIN is always one of the best possible outcome! Kudos to Kabam this round. :)
  • Options
    Cuteshelf wrote: »

Still haven’t got that name change mate.

Pretty sure that information is accurate.
  • Options
    What day are they going to release the 1 dollar crystal
  • Options
    HiattRiott wrote: »
    What day are they going to release the 1 dollar crystal

The 10th, along with the other celebratory Rewards.