**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

EOP question

GameChanger12GameChanger12 Posts: 43
edited July 2022 in Strategy and Tips
With the node combination, I was not expecting to see power gain from normal means, even at a reduced rate. I was expecting 0 power for either champ outside of blocking by stating 100% power gain reduction. Why do both Champs still gain power? What am I missing? Can someone please calmly advise? Thank you
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,499 ★★★★★
    Champions get extra power gain rate with each rank. So like a rank 5 actually has 105% power gain rate or something like that. So reducing by 100% leaves them with a very small amount of power gain still.
  • Options
    Boomhauer_1Boomhauer_1 Posts: 27
    Maratox said:

Champions get extra power gain rate with each rank. So like a rank 5 actually has 105% power gain rate or something like that. So reducing by 100% leaves them with a very small amount of power gain still.

I was coming to ask that same question. It makes sense. I don't like it, but it makes sense
  • Options
    Maratox said:

While I find it odd, I have heard people like Karate Mike on YouTube talk about increased power rates from ranks so I guess that it does make some sense, even if in Cav EQ the same exact node is there and the only power gained by either side is from blocking that I noticed, and yes I used a 6r3 champion for both EOP (1st run) and Cav EQ. I don't get how that lines up though
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,140 ★★★★★
    The Recharge node gives 15% power/second to Herc and 10%/sec to you but there is still combat power rate..it's just reduced by 100%. That plus the 20% AAR on you for each concussion up to 100% means you basically gain little power unless you're knocking him down and then blocking as you've got anywhere from 20-100% additional AAR on you. He has no concussion and force of will so he still gains a little bit of power from combat. Herc is also putting infuriate on you whenever he dashes back reducing your offensive AAR by 60% (so AAR can be up to 160% at some parts of the fight).

At least that's what I'm thinking - I'm sure someone will correct me soon enough!
  • Options
    I'm more wondering just from general combat and it starts the moment the fight starts, without concussion. Idk something seems odd to me but it seems like a logical explanation is out there versus us merely speculating and trying to collectively piece it together lol