**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Grandmaster attempt number 2

PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
Better than first time

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,872 ★★★★★
    You’ll get there at some point

nice progress so far
  • Options

You’ll get there at some point

nice progress so far

This fight really helps in improving your gameplay @SpideyFunko
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,976 ★★★★★
    Nicely done. Your skill level is way above mine.
    On reaching last phase, and adrenaline is high, you need to avoid getting hit for 18s and can only intercept.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 978 ★★★
    Good luck mate! The most I took GM in one fight was 10%. Used like 40-50 revives plus potions (all from 4hr crystals, plus overflow from daily events).
    I know the unit man is down for you as well but at least you can grind in the arena while you wait.
    You can do it!
  • Options
    Unknown1223334444Unknown1223334444 Posts: 25
    edited July 2022
    I just beat him 2 days ago.
    Doom is the MVP till reverse control starts.
    Then it was Mister Sinister for me as I don't have Prof X.
    The lucky thing for me is that Mister Sinister can block Unblockable special. Why lucky?
    Because for me, in phase 3, Grandmaster was intercepting me with his sp1. So due to reflex I could block it using Mister Sinister and so was able to gain competence.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/308334/i-have-1400-units#latest

This was my team. As said Doom was MVP as Hercules couldn't apply DOT so was giving me Blunder.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/308447/all-hail-mister-sinister#latest

This is just for show off.. (PS- Sorry but I'm very happy)

Edit- Use 10/15% attack and health boosts, They are free and you could get them from solo crystal shards in special section.
  • Options

Nicely done. Your skill level is way above mine.
    On reaching last phase, and adrenaline is high, you need to avoid getting hit for 18s and can only intercept.

The third phase is the worst @winterthur I ran out of resources lol but I think I can safely say I can handle the first two phases without dying
  • Options
    SammyDe said:

Good luck mate! The most I took GM in one fight was 10%. Used like 40-50 revives plus potions (all from 4hr crystals, plus overflow from daily events).
    I know the unit man is down for you as well but at least you can grind in the arena while you wait.
    You can do it!

I do need to grind for units @SammyDe but this fight really helps in improving your skill and gameplay
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,652 ★★★★★
    100% would just recommend revive farming before this. Is by far the easiest way to handle storing up resources.
  • Options
    ShivacruxShivacrux Posts: 415 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    Is that a r3 hit Monke
  • Options
    Shivacrux said:

Is that a r3 hit Monke

Yes @Shivacrux
  • Options

100% would just recommend revive farming before this. Is by far the easiest way to handle storing up resources.

Sure will @Squirrelguy apart from arenas any othe place where I can farm resources?
  • Options
    ShivacruxShivacrux Posts: 415 ★★★

Sure will @Squirrelguy apart from arenas any othe place where I can farm resources?
    3.2.6 will give revives if you complete each run
  • Options
    JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
    edited July 2022
    If you have Aegon I recommend bringing him, even if you get hit 4-5 times (he can gain up to 6 furies) and ignore the prompts you can still do 200K + damage with intercept before he dies. I beat Grandmaster several times with A combo of Nick fury, Aegon and Doom.
  • Options
    JoseOk said:

If you have Aegon I recommend bringing him, even if you get hit 4-5 times (he can gain up to 6 furies) and ignore the prompts you can still do 200K + damage with intercept before he dies. I beat Grandmaster several times with A combo of Nick fury, Aegon and Doom.

I do have Aegon @JoseOk I have to get him to 300 combos at the very least
  • Options
    Maltyo9Maltyo9 Posts: 270 ★★★
    @PapaMidnite007
    Did you take that much health off of him with no revives?

If so, you are very close, my friend. Keep making those runs at him and you'll definitely get him.

Personally, I was just tired of not having beaten the SOB and used my stash...and then kept popping my 4 hour Cavs for revives...and then used my team revives...and then ended up spending around 160 units to finally get him down.

When I finally got him down to the last stage, I was so shocked that I got him there on that run that I didn't even have a chance to screenshot the finish lol.

P.S. High sig 5* Herc was my best friend for that fight
  • Options
    Maltyo9 said:

@PapaMidnite007
    Did you take that much health off of him with no revives?

If so, you are very close, my friend. Keep making those runs at him and you'll definitely get him.

Personally, I was just tired of not having beaten the SOB and used my stash...and then kept popping my 4 hour Cavs for revives...and then used my team revives...and then ended up spending around 160 units to finally get him down.

When I finally got him down to the last stage, I was so shocked that I got him there on that run that I didn't even have a chance to screenshot the finish lol.

P.S. High sig 5* Herc was my best friend for that fight

@Maltyo9 yes itemless