**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

[merged] Battlegrounds Scoring [UPDATE]

DoosraDoosra Posts: 359 ★★★
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
Very much a tie
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Yeah, this kind of needs to be the tie breaker. They are on a good track with the changes in scoring. But some tweaks need to be made in case one of the player champs dies.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 679 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    Very confused with the new BG scoring system.

So I just did a fight in BG

I lost the first fight, and won the 2nd fight.

Finish the 3rd fight with more health than the Def (I had about 60% and Def had about 15%). I had Domino as the Def so should stand a chance of winning.

When I came out of the 3rd fight, the screen was dark, which based on past experience meant that the other player quit the 3rd fight.

However the result was I still lost the match, there was no result on the 3rd fight, which I had more health than the Def, I don't know what the result of the other player 3rd was, but seem like they quit.

Can anyone from Kabam explain the new scoring system, it doesn't seem right
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    When you go back to the history does it show a completed 3rd match?
  • Options
    Jaded said:

Yeah attacker HP isn’t scoring anymore if the defender isn’t defeated, and if you time out there’s no points there either. Pretty strange the defender hp isn’t scoring tho.

Thank you for your insights
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

this kind of scoring is stupid. the last one was just perfect why change it did something go wrong i dont understand. its very clear who won this encounter and yet thats a draw really?

They had to make adjustments for people that would pause and time out. It would allow people to score big on attacker hp. Tbh I agree, the previous scoring was horrible. It only really affected Nick Fury since people could bring opponents down to 1% health, take out fury’s decoy and pause the fight at full health.
  • Options
    JvankeulenJvankeulen Posts: 6
    edited July 2022
    a restart penalty should be done differently, my phone is slow meaning i get into the fights with 1:02 remaining, on youtube i see others starting at 1:30, that means their fight is almost 50% longer. And since you get no points when timing out, in tough fights it is near impossible to win (or even get points at all).

The timer has a much larger impact now for slower devices, please either make the timer start at the start of the fight like in aq or revert it back to the longer timer to keep things fair.
  • Options
    I guess I will be unlocking the suicides, if this is how bg is going to be in future
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    Wait, this is intentional? I thought it was a bug
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 679 ★★★
    Jaded said:

When you go back to the history does it show a completed 3rd match?

Hi Jaded,

It does not show the last match (3rd), but I know I finished my 3rd fight, which make me think even more that the other player quit.
  • Options

Wait, this is intentional? I thought it was a bug

New set of rules for bgs
  • Options
    AACM91 said:

Tie ? Really ?

Yes according to new rules 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Prolly a bug. This is why it is still in Beta testing.
  • Options
    Wotan_02Wotan_02 Posts: 4
    I like BG but now its ridiculous. No reset for some players on the rating, champs not get locked after 3 fights.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    The tie thing makes absolutely no sense, both stay alive and both don't kill defender and its a tie regardless of health. Either they should still award some amount of points for a tie..... use defender HP remaining to determine the winner or allow us to pick an extra 2 champs in draft stage that are essentially "locked from choice" until end of round 3, if the whole game is a tie then a 4th tiebreaker round is made and them 2 champs unlocked to accompany the last champ we never use. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★

buddy of mine just encountered a cheater on the first day of battlegrounds, these guys have no shame lol.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    These ranked rewards are going to take about a week or 2 to pay out after the cheating vetting
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Well this answers the question if Kabam was able to find resolution for hackers since last bg beta
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    I feel like if you survived and the defender was brought below at least 50% you should get at least some points. Maybe not a lot but still
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Jride said:

How do I lose a fight in 7 seconds? Either they are cheating or the system is screwed up but there ain't no way

Lol definitely modding here.