**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Battle Grounds July meta thoughts

First of all I would like to say that I am a huge fan of battlegrounds and would really like kabam to get this game mode right. I appreciate the fact that they're using the beta to test out some different things with timers and health pools, but unfortunately, I think they went the wrong direction this time around. I've done well over 750 matches now over all of the beta, so I think I have a really good grasp of how it's played currently and how it could (should) be played in it's final form.

First, shortening the timers really hurts if you do have the game crash or black screen and you end up having to force quit and try and come back with only 30 seconds on the clock. Also, by reducing the timer AND the health on the defenders, it makes it so that the main meta is to use suicide friendly champs and end the fight in 1 s2 before the defender has even had a chance to throw a special attack. It's not that I'm against suicide masteries, but I do think they should be balanced with the recoil mastery. If left at current levels, there is literally no downside to using suicides and nearly required to win.

I think the better alternative would be to go back to the 2 min timers, but also INCREASE the health from before this beta. Last beta, we had 300% HP bonus (instead of the 200% with this one), and even then there were several high damage champs that could finish fights in under 30 seconds and 1 special attack. I think the HP bonus should be increased to between 400-500%. This does a couple of things. It means that you likely have to actually play the defender, bait out and evade special attacks, and if you choose to use suicides, you will actually be balancing the risk/reward of time vs health instead of what we have today with no downside. Please consider this change when you're looking at the data of this beta.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax

Comments

• HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 450 ★★★
    The one thing that’s frustrates me this go around is the occasionally passive AI. I fought a storm x that refused a special for 20+ seconds and an Apoc that dashed back and turtled every time I tried to dash in for an attack. No time for that when we have 90 second timers
  • McCloud33McCloud33 Posts: 43

The one thing that’s frustrates me this go around is the occasionally passive AI. I fought a storm x that refused a special for 20+ seconds and an Apoc that dashed back and turtled every time I tried to dash in for an attack. No time for that when we have 90 second timers

I have definitely had this happen as well. 90 seconds just isn't a good time for these type fights.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    The game mode is not officially out and am already worn out. People finishing fights in 15secs against R3 defenders. It's obvious there will always be cheater's in this game so I rather not be competitive.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    Honestly....this feels like this should have been the first beta. Feels like you are moving backwards.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    The shorter fights kinda stink IMO, and this is without any nodes that would make fights longer.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    No nodes is great for smaller rosters although the top players might be unhappy with them
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

No nodes is great for smaller rosters although the top players might be unhappy with them

Is so frustrated bad no strategy is need as long you knew the opponent you good and the it just who dies first
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 531 ★★★★

Its terrible for smaller rosters as well. If a cgr, torch, or aa slips by they just lose