Crystal Pulls

jelksjelks Member Posts: 14
For the past month I've been opening tons of 6 star crystals,perhaps 30 at this point and not one of them have been beneficial for my account. Every champ i have pulled has either been a dud or complete useless unawakened and this is happening way too frequently. I just went through the trouble of completing a carina challenge and duped my black bolt, like wtf?

Comments

• Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 930 ★★★★
    RNG is a brutal, brutal thing but I'm sure you already know that. I went through a real depressing 6* slump & finally stopped caring. That way if/when you actually pull something decent, it feels like a reward for the effort. I know that doesn't help you ATM but majority, if not all content can be done w/ 5/65
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Member Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Had a dry 3 months pulling a ton of 6* champs (around 20-30) I won't ever use then after exploring Act 7 plus the unit deals I got a nasty luck for a week where I pulled most of the champions I was aiming for (Knull 3 times, Diablo 2 times, Shang-Chi, Spidey 2099, Warlock, Peni Parker, Torch dupe, Thor (rags), White Mags, Hood, King Groot (dupe)). I even had Kitty (dupe), CGR, and Kingpin on my Nexus choices.

Most of those are on my list just for Carina's Challenges.

It's RNG, you lose most of the time... but sometimes, RNGeesus will be in your favor. It's a good thing that they're releasing Nexus crystals and Champion selectors now.
  • ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Member Posts: 624 ★★
    jelks said:

For the past month I've been opening tons of 6 star crystals,perhaps 30 at this point and not one of them have been beneficial for my account. Every champ i have pulled has either been a dud or complete useless unawakened and this is happening way too frequently. I just went through the trouble of completing a carina challenge and duped my black bolt, like wtf?

Black bolt is awesome. Does it make you feel better? If not, then forget it, he sucks
  • jelksjelks Member Posts: 14

jelks said:

Black bolt is awesome. Does it make you feel better? If not, then forget it, he sucks
    how is a six star black bolt gonna help me complete 7.4? I don't have hit monkey either.
    Doosra said:

Welcome to rng

Rng exists in so many other games, but in this game the crystal pulls are generally a joke

You've somehow opened 30 6*s in a month and your complaining?!

lmao I'm complaining because of the time, effort and money invested into the crystals...
  • Hickdog27Hickdog27 Member Posts: 140 ★★
    Went through a really bad stretch at the beginning of the year, but am on a hot streak of late (knock on wood). As many have said, it's RNG.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    jelks said:

lmao I'm complaining because of the time, effort and money invested into the crystals...
    Your claiming to have pulled 30 6 star champs in a month (which I call cap on) and your claiming none of them were good (which I call more cap on).

You named only one of the "30" champs you pulled (so who were the other 29?) And why no screenshots? Is it because you know your champs aren't as bad as your implying?
  • DoosraDoosra Member Posts: 359 ★★★
    jelks said:

Doosra said:

Welcome to rng

Rng exists in so many other games, but in this game the crystal pulls are generally a joke
    You win few, you lose many
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Member Posts: 636 ★★★
    Only when you’ve truly learned to accept the fact that all your crystal pulls will be trash will you find that they won’t always be.

jelks said:

Your claiming to have pulled 30 6 star champs in a month (which I call cap on) and your claiming none of them were good (which I call more cap on).

You named only one of the "30" champs you pulled (so who were the other 29?) And why no screenshots? Is it because you know your champs aren't as bad as your implying?

Heres and instance since you claim there is no proof
    jelks said:

jelks said:

Wow, one bad champ out of your entire roster. Stop cherry picking to suit your argument. Show your whole 6* roster or stop complaining.
  • MigAceMigAce Member Posts: 38
    My last 4 6* pulls, og hulk, ant man, Loki, og hulk.
  • LpooLpoo Member Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I think the general complaint here is that the champion pool is just too broad, and they’ve made progress in making more choices as opposed to RNG (nexus, class nexus, champion selectors), but I’m excited to see how they grow the “choice” element in the next year to make the RNG duds a little more palatable

jelks said:

jelks said:

Wow, one bad champ out of your entire roster. Stop cherry picking to suit your argument. Show your whole 6* roster or stop complaining.

It generally comes down to subjective views on each champion, like I'd say 3/4s of these 6 stars are either bad or can barely do anything unawakened and considering the money I've invested into my account, I'm seeing no return; my doom and shang chi are from July 4th deals and with those deals I duped my cable, spider and x23. Cable is really only usable with my apocalypse and x23 barely lands enough bleeds for her to be seen as a useful champion -subjecively. Oh yeah and the black bolt I'm complaining about is a dupe. My main reason for complaining is because of my time and investment with no return whiles other players literally do nothing and pull the most insane champions.
    jelks said:

For those disagreeing, this is literally based on my own experience within the game, why are you disagreeing when you've never been in this position...
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    jelks said:

People sometimes have crazy luck but we usually dont see the other end of the spectrum too often. From glancing at your roster I have to disagree with your perspective overall but I dont know when you acquired each champion so its hard to say what your crystals have looked like lately.

Instead of playing into RNG (which is what it is) Ill instead ask what you want to happen. What, from this thread, were you hoping to accomplish. Unfortunately if you come into a forum where the past year has been the worst in recorded history bug-wise to say that your crystals haven’t panned out nicely, the obvious response will be everyone rolling their eyes. What reasonable suggestions do you think could be brought up which your experience speaks to? Were you perhaps wondering if they could announce a timeline for wish crystals? Do you want a better method of champion acquisition that is guaranteed (like the preview bundles) but for units?

Its always good to try and have a mindset of bringing up solutions to avoid seeming like a “whiner” (not that you are one necessarily- just how it may seem to the average reader)

jelks said:

People sometimes have crazy luck but we usually dont see the other end of the spectrum too often. From glancing at your roster I have to disagree with your perspective overall but I dont know when you acquired each champion so its hard to say what your crystals have looked like lately.

Instead of playing into RNG (which is what it is) Ill instead ask what you want to happen. What, from this thread, were you hoping to accomplish. Unfortunately if you come into a forum where the past year has been the worst in recorded history bug-wise to say that your crystals haven’t panned out nicely, the obvious response will be everyone rolling their eyes. What reasonable suggestions do you think could be brought up which your experience speaks to? Were you perhaps wondering if they could announce a timeline for wish crystals? Do you want a better method of champion acquisition that is guaranteed (like the preview bundles) but for units?

Its always good to try and have a mindset of bringing up solutions to avoid seeming like a “whiner” (not that you are one necessarily- just how it may seem to the average reader)
    To be honest you really got a point, I made this thread to get kabams attention but it very clearly didn't work but yeah thanks for your input. And most of these champs were attained after my act 6 completion so that was probably like 2 weeks before July 4th around that time I got my herc which practically did everything for me, and during that time I also barely had any 6 stars but yeah using herc to complete story, eq and variants got me all these 6 stars.
    jelks said:

jelks said:

To be honest you really got a point, I made this thread to get kabams attention but it very clearly didn't work but yeah thanks for your input. And most of these champs were attained after my act 6 completion so that was probably like 2 weeks before July 4th around that time I got my herc which practically did everything for me, and during that time I also barely had any 6 stars but yeah using herc to complete story, eq and variants got me all these 6 stars.
    Oh yeah I also made the thread to see if I'm the only one who is facing this issue and from this I'm not sure since most people are crying about it.
    jelks said:

jelks said:

jelks said:

It generally comes down to subjective views on each champion, like I'd say 3/4s of these 6 stars are either bad or can barely do anything unawakened and considering the money I've invested into my account, I'm seeing no return; my doom and shang chi are from July 4th deals and with those deals I duped my cable, spider and x23. Cable is really only usable with my apocalypse and x23 barely lands enough bleeds for her to be seen as a useful champion -subjecively. Oh yeah and the black bolt I'm complaining about is a dupe. My main reason for complaining is because of my time and investment with no return whiles other players literally do nothing and pull the most insane champions.
    As I expected, you were purposely leaving out the good champs trying to get sympathy knowing very well you have many elite 6 star champs and your luck is nowhere near as bad as you are implying.

I'm not surprised seeing your the same.person who complained on forums that you weren't able to get double compensation when you gained a new title after compensation was released as you wanted both cavalier and thronebreaker compensation.
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Member Posts: 383 ★★★
    @jelks have a whole stack of god tier champs but still complaining about crystal pulls ? If I show you mine which is 200% worse than your roster what will you say ?
    I guess the problem is you spent money and then you got very bad luck with the pulls and now you are angry with the outcome. Just don't spend then. Easy.
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Member Posts: 383 ★★★
    Also I feel like introducing RNG into the rewards of a tough challenge makes no sense. But this is how this game works. This is not the right way but who is gonna convince whom ?
    The random 6* you get from all carina challenges might just be psycho man and then 5 more dupes of him . It could be that bad...its rare but it is still possible. The design of this RNG fest for completing tough challenges is bad ,it does not weigh up.
    I understand you feel cheated cos you used skill and time to complete it and still got **** unusable rewards, and this would demotivate a lot of people from playing this game.
    So ultimately they are saying spend more money , increase the sample size /crystal openings and then you will have a higher chance of getting better champs. Typical micro transaction app.
    jelks said:

jelks said:

jelks said:

Oh yeah I also made the thread to see if I'm the only one who is facing this issue and from this I'm not sure since most people are crying about it.
    Every single person in this game has the same "issue" as you, which is getting an occasional disappointing pull or multiple in a row. Unlike you, most of us fully understand this is how rng works and aren't so overly entitled to make a complaint post expecting kabam to do something for you.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,098 ★★★★★

So basically this is just a brag post

Bro, now that I see you - will there be content on your YT acc sooner or later? Miss it :smile:

jelks said:

jelks said:

jelks said:

As I expected, you were purposely leaving out the good champs trying to get sympathy knowing very well you have many elite 6 star champs and your luck is nowhere near as bad as you are implying.

I'm not surprised seeing your the same.person who complained on forums that you weren't able to get double compensation when you gained a new title after compensation was released as you wanted both cavalier and thronebreaker compensation.
    Lmao sympathy for what? It's literally a game why would I want sympathy, I just need people I can relate with

jelks said:

jelks said:

jelks said:

Every single person in this game has the same "issue" as you, which is getting an occasional disappointing pull or multiple in a row. Unlike you, most of us fully understand this is how rng works and aren't so overly entitled to make a complaint post expecting kabam to do something for you.
    Can you move jesus, you're defending kabam with your life at this point damn. You're not even grasping my point so just move man