**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

EOP Bishop fires SP2 sometimes with 3 bars of power at start of fight

Asim38Asim38 Posts: 136
edited July 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
Wondering if anyone else encountered this? It happened to me maybe 3 times in my run where he fired off an SP2 with 3 bars at start of fight and twice he fired SP3. Seemed very random. I knew I was going to die but then he starts the next fight with SP3 if he kills you with SP2 or SP1 if you die to degen.
Just saw this happen to Seatin in his video as well. I was using Archangel and as did he. But at the start of the fight there are no neuros applied so there is no AAR. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,565 ★★★★★
    Happened to me twice too. Didn't really think anything of it until now though lol
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    do you happen to have a video?
  • Options
    DudeMaGudeDudeMaGude Posts: 87
    Happened to me too....caught me off guard and his sp2 destroyed me lol.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I have no idea if this is the answer, but I have a vague memory of Kabam changing how his power carrying forward to the next fight worked, because when he was on defence if you died to his sp3, he would start the next fight with sp3 and kill you over and over again?

Could this be the answer to what’s going on?
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Kabam changed this if he killed you with a sp3, the next fight he has 0 bars of power. But if he finished the fight with a sp2 then he’ll start the next fight with the same bar of power.

And Do you have a video?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Not mine but here is Seatin's:

https://youtu.be/Rz0Hb4PgDF0?t=304

He revived, used health potions to get to 100% health, died to SP2. Bishop lost 2 bars of power and started next with 1 bar. I think the way he is programmed is that as soon as he activates ANY special at 3 bars, he loses the subsequent bars of power. The expectation is that he will fire off an SP3 at 3 bars and the power bars will be fully drained.

Edit: Starts at 5:04 mark. I thought the link should have had the timestamp but it didn't take.
  • Options

Well that's a bug that works in our favor?? SHHHHH...

I don't think it does though. I would agree with you but only if I knew he would fire off an SP2. I would probably take it into a block. But I went in with a 20% revive without any additional health. Then in addition to that, he ONLY lost 2 bars of power. Retained 1 bar to start the next fight with it. After a few hits, his SP1 is unblockable so he kills you quickly again. I went in expecting 4-6 revives for the fight because I suck at fighting Bishop without my usual counters for him. But because of his random specials at 3 bars, the fight became a revive pit. Cost me 15.
  • Options
    Also, another point, if we don't have the ability to choose which specials to fire off, the AI shouldn't either. Pretty sure the ability is bugged. At least for Bishop. Didn't encounter this on any other Bishop outside of EOP as well.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    I haven't seen this with any other champion than Archangel. I never experienced it no matter which champ I used. Could it be that the neuros messed up something in the previous fight? I'm just pulling a theory out of my behind, but maybe the game somehow went:

* Bishop gains 1 bar of power: check.
    * Bishop gains 2 bars of power: check.
    [Neuros kick in.]
    * Bishop gains 3 bars of power: missed check.

What I'm thinking is that maybe the neuros made it so that the ability accuracy that registers that he's supposed to have 3 bars of power got shut down somewhere between two and three bars of power? So while he carries over the full three bars of power, he still "thinks" he only has two and uses an SP2 instead of an SP3?

But I have no idea, really. As I said, just guessing here. Just trying to think of a way those neuros might have screwed with him.
  • Options
    Ercarret said:

I haven't seen this with any other champion than Archangel. I never experienced it no matter which champ I used. Could it be that the neuros messed up something in the previous fight? I'm just pulling a theory out of my behind, but maybe the game somehow went:

* Bishop gains 1 bar of power: check.
    * Bishop gains 2 bars of power: check.
    [Neuros kick in.]
    * Bishop gains 3 bars of power: missed check.

What I'm thinking is that maybe the neuros made it so that the ability accuracy that registers that he's supposed to have 3 bars of power got shut down somewhere between two and three bars of power? So while he carries over the full three bars of power, he still "thinks" he only has two and uses an SP2 instead of an SP3?

But I have no idea, really. As I said, just guessing here. Just trying to think of a way those neuros might have screwed with him.

That's actually very possible that the neuros messed with the power bar ability. It shouldn't happen though since its a new fight and at the time of firing off the special he doesn't have any neuros. But it seems to be the most likely possibility.
  • Options
    Hey there, could you share the info requested in the forum bug report template? The extra info, like who you were using and if you had any boosts active, can be helpful in our investigations.
  • Options
    Device and Version: iPhone Xr

Device Operating System: iOS 15.5

Mobile Carrier: Rogers

Cellular or WiFi: I was on WiFI. Didn't try on LTE

Game Version Installed: 36.0.1

Game Mode: Eternity of Pain - Anger - Week 3 (Bishop)

Champions Affected: Bishop. (Not sure if this issue only occurs when fighting against Bishop using Archangel only)

Active Boosts: None

Description of the Issue: When reviving and going into the fight against Bishop in EOP where he finished the previous fight with 3 full bars of power, he sometimes launches SP2 instead of SP3. I was using 5 star R5 sig 200 Archangel. I revived a few times with Bishop at 3 bars at the start. He would sometimes launch an SP2 and sometimes SP3. If he launches an SP3, he would start the following fight with zero power. But if he launches SP2 and kills you, he would start the next fight with 1 bar of power because the bars corresponding to the special used are consumed at the time the special is launched with 3 bars of power in the case of Bishop. Since Bishop's SP1 is very difficult to evade, if it is unblockable when he fires an SP1 after reviving, it is likely going to be another death.
    As mentioned in one of the comments above, it seemed likely that Archangel was reducing ability accuracy when Bishop had 3 bars of power and killed Archangel. However, when looking again, as can be seen in the link below, Archangel in Seatin's video (I don't have my own captured video) is unawakened and, therefore, ability accuracy is not reduced.

Screenshot or Video: Not my video but I saw the same thing happened in Seatin's run. Link below starting at 5:05

https://youtu.be/Rz0Hb4PgDF0?t=305
  • Options
    Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 267 ★★★
    I believe this is intended and was a fix a few weeks after the bishop buff a year or two ago. At first if you died when he had 3 bars of power he would use a sp3 the next fight. And he was a map7 defender and that caused so many problems for people they updated it so that he would use a sp2 instead so that you could block it or dex it instead of instant ko over and over
  • Options
    FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★
    I had this happen also. One fight when he ended with 3 bars of power he used SP3 the next fight, then back to zero. In another run he started with 3 bars of power and used SP2 instead of SP3. This happened twice to me, once with Archangel and once with ihulk.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★

I believe this is intended and was a fix a few weeks after the bishop buff a year or two ago. At first if you died when he had 3 bars of power he would use a sp3 the next fight. And he was a map7 defender and that caused so many problems for people they updated it so that he would use a sp2 instead so that you could block it or dex it instead of instant ko over and over

That's not quite true. If you die when he has three bars of power (but not from him launching that SP3), he'll start with three full bars of power. When he does, he can launch an SP3 and that will most likely kill you. The fix, however, was that he will no longer keep those three bars of power after using an SP3. Next fight after using an SP3, he'll have to start from 0 power again.

So basically, this really is a bug. Or at least an unclear interaction of some kind.