edited July 2022 in Strategy and Tips
?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• zuffyzuffy Member Posts: 2,226 ★★★★★
    Have the top 3 PI defense, exploration.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,329 ★★★★★

Explore and get kills

I do that, I barely get killed, and most of the times I clear in additional to my paths also-the node that gates path 7 8 and 9, and the node that they all are fusing to, and at least 2, sometimes 3 nodes in boss island, and yet, my ally mate now revealed to me that my MVP score is one of the lowest in my ally... I dont take Bosses if that's important, but that's strange cuz I feel like I'm doing a lot and for the last few previous wars, every war have been a struggle to my ally while I did my paths and all that I mentioned no problem... so how?
    zuffy said:

Have the top 3 PI defense, exploration.

Wdym? Like my defenders should kill a lot? To be top 3 in that term?
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,843 ★★★★★

Explore and get kills

I do that, I barely get killed, and most of the times I clear in additional to my paths also-the node that gates path 7 8 and 9, and the node that they all are fusing to, and at least 2, sometimes 3 nodes in boss island, and yet, my ally mate now revealed to me that my MVP score is one of the lowest in my ally... I dont take Bosses if that's important, but that's strange cuz I feel like I'm doing a lot and for the last few previous wars, every war have been a struggle to my ally while I did my paths and all that I mentioned no problem... so how?
    Yes, defender kills and defender PI has to do with it. If you never take on mini bosses or bosses your exploration number might not be high enough as well.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Member Posts: 1,936 ★★★★★
    Kill and get kills
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Member Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    mvp means nothing at the end of the day, but high PI defense, 8+ kills in attack, exploration. now all that is what helps but it also takes your team mates info as well.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,411 ★★★★★
    Alliance MVP depends on the highest contribution in war. This includes placing a defense that is high in PI(not quality of defenders), exploring a higher percentage of the map relative to your alliance mates, killing opponents defenders(boss and mini boss kills count more than path defenders and killing strong defenders holds higher weight), and getting defender kills(personally I feel the contribution of this is negligible).

What’s the relative contribution of each of these is probably something only kabam knows. Hope this helps!!
  • SighsohardSighsohard Member Posts: 666 ★★★
    War MVP measures value less than prestige measures usefulness of a champion.
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Member Posts: 515 ★★★
    I get war mvp nearly every war. My defense is highest rated >100k and I usually take on 9-11 fights per war.. path, intersections and some minis/boss fights…

End of the day it doesn’t mean anything…. Especially since aw is broken and my ally has a perfect season yet we continue to slowly slide in ranking…but I digress…

Mvp-have a strong defense and win alot of fights.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Member Posts: 661 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    Mvp logic same war

• ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    As an alliance leader myself, I've never looked at how many times individual alliance members have become AW MVPs. That's not a very good indicator of how good they are. There are plenty of guys in my alliance that are proper workhorses that always show up with a full line of defenders and a decent lineup of attackers, and who do a good job on offense. They might not be my alliance's boss killers, but they don't have to be. Technically speaking, only three people need to be boss killers. If you have more than that, great, but I'd take those reliable workhorses any day. I know I can always count on them to do the daily grind, and that's what I'm looking for when evaluating people.

Obviously your alliance may view things differently, but if you end up in trouble due to not being the MVP (but otherwise being a good alliance mate), I think the fault lies with the leadership rather than with you.

I know this isn't your question, but war MVP doesn't really matter for anything if that helps.

It seems to matter when my ally mate told me that...
  • SandeepSSandeepS Member Posts: 1,238 ★★★★
    How many BG do you run in war? The MVP is by alliance not BG, so a 3 BG war group and 1 BG war group will have 3 MVP only. So if 2 people in the other BGs get 10 kills each, you will also need 10 kills too. If someone has more kills than you I your BG, they will likely be higher than you in the MVP score.
    SandeepS said:

How many BG do you run in war? The MVP is by alliance not BG, so a 3 BG war group and 1 BG war group will have 3 MVP only. So if 2 people in the other BGs get 10 kills each, you will also need 10 kills too. If someone has more kills than you I your BG, they will likely be higher than you in the MVP score.

Oh, 3
  • ShivacruxShivacrux Member Posts: 424 ★★★
    Easy solution make an alliance and don't invite any
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,702 ★★★★★

SandeepS said:

Oh, 3
    Mvp doesn’t matter at all if you alliance said it matters it doesn’t
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    To be mvp you must put up a high PI defense and take on as many fights as possible.

So to ensure mvp you need to place with suicides and make liberal use of those 40% revives to help you take all the fights you can; yeah because that’s what mvp requires in mcoc, what a wonderful stat.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,713 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Alliance MVP depends on the highest contribution in war. This includes placing a defense that is high in PI(not quality of defenders), exploring a higher percentage of the map relative to your alliance mates, killing opponents defenders(boss and mini boss kills count more than path defenders and killing strong defenders holds higher weight), and getting defender kills(personally I feel the contribution of this is negligible).

What’s the relative contribution of each of these is probably something only kabam knows. Hope this helps!!

This is accurate.
    -Stronger defenders are with higher health pools.

Section 1 defenders has some poor healths. While some nodes have high health defenders which counts more towards MVP (not the number as in how many defender you take down)
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★

I know this isn't your question, but war MVP doesn't really matter for anything if that helps.

Yes, you are told your MVP is low but is that an issue or just a statement of fact?
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Member Posts: 805 ★★★

?

Git good
  • SkjornSkjorn Member Posts: 76
    Since everyone explores pretty similar amounts of the AW map/gets a relatively similar amount of kills, it comes down to the defender rating
  • The_Hound76The_Hound76 Member Posts: 3
    Trust me, being MVP doesn’t mean anything. I have 476 MVP awards and I’m still waiting for my trophy lol

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★
    A well coordinated BG with low deaths is far more valuable than a attention seeking member who wants to pad a stat that means absolutely nothing other than bragging rights.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Member Posts: 666 ★★★
    War mvp is about as useful a stat as a picture of oxygen is to a drowning man.

It doesn't. Ask your alliance mate how many extra rewards he's gotten for any AW MVPs. If he tells you anything besides none... he's lying.

Don't chase MVPs in AW. Concentrate on finishing your paths and doing clean fights. That's how you best help your alliance to win AWs. Remember the losing alliance also has 3 MVPs. Winning AWs is what you need... not accumulating MVPs..
    I'm doing what you said perfectly, yet what he decided to say is that in terms of MVP I'm one of the lowest
  • SnurrisSnurris Member Posts: 434 ★★★
    @Darkraw346 anyone telling you that mvp is important in war obviously doesn’t understand AW at all. So don’t buy in to it.
    Snurris said:

@Darkraw346 anyone telling you that mvp is important in war obviously doesn’t understand AW at all. So don’t buy in to it.

It's just that there was a little Dramma about something that I said, and he was like "You cant say that as your MVP scores are one of the lowest so you arent contributing much"