**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Getting clipped no matter how fast you dash back.

WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 779 ★★★
Is anyone getting clipped no matter how fast you dash back. I don't know, it feels the player is stuck in quicksand or molasses as you try to dash back to avoid an sp or a hit. It's as if the defender is moving twice as fast and watching yourself get pounded and you see it coming. Don't know if it's just an input issue or they just sped up the movement of the defender. The defender is moving across and reaching you much quicker while it seem you're moving back in baby steps.

Comments

• Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    To be fair, lots of special attacks and things like that need to be anticipated. For instance, if you just try to dodge Korg’s sp1 beams when you see the gun fire, it’s already too late. You actually have to swipe before the animation happens to properly time the evade. Maybe this is something like what you’re experiencing.
  • Options

To be fair, lots of special attacks and things like that need to be anticipated. For instance, if you just try to dodge Korg’s sp1 beams when you see the gun fire, it’s already too late. You actually have to swipe before the animation happens to properly time the evade. Maybe this is something like what you’re experiencing.

That would be understandable if I started out recently with not much knowledge and experience, but I've been at this game for almost 2 years. Taking your example dodging Korg's sp1 is doable, but if the input is not working according to your tap or it's not moving as quickly as you are swiping back, it's feels sluggish.
  • Options

That would be understandable if I started out recently with not much knowledge and experience, but I've been at this game for almost 2 years. Taking your example dodging Korg's sp1 is doable, but if the input is not working according to your tap or it's not moving as quickly as you are swiping back, it's feels sluggish.
    I wanted to say I do see (or anticipate) the sp coming, but if the input isn't responding to your tap or swipe, anticipating is going to help much.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    It's not necessarily about how fast you dash back, timing is incredibly important. If you're spamming dash backs you're almost definitely going to get a mistime in which they can dash in and hit when it is impossible for you recover, in the middle of a dash back.
  • Options
    Malreck04 said:

It's not necessarily about how fast you dash back, timing is incredibly important. If you're spamming dash backs you're almost definitely going to get a mistime in which they can dash in and hit when it is impossible for you recover, in the middle of a dash back.

I agree timing is important, but if the input isn't responding correctly to your swipe and tap, then it's an issue. It's one thing if you don't have the timing down, and obviously getting destroyed by it, but if having the timing down and the input isn't responding to your touch is another.
  • Options

I wanted to say I do see (or anticipate) the sp coming, but if the input isn't responding to your tap or swipe, anticipating is going to help much.
    Correction:I wanted to say I do see (or anticipate) the sp coming, but if the input isn't responding to your tap or swipe, anticipating isn't going to help much.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,661 Guardian
    Biggest thing I've seen was in EoP when I would dash back and while dodging back, warlocks heavy would reach forever far and hit me while I was dashing back
  • Options
    Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Yes the speed increase is very apparent. I’m getting hit by specials that I used to be able to dodge with ease. It’s been talked about for months and all that’s ever said is nothing is changed and might be a bug. Then it gets closed and buried in without discussion. Just like the one a day or two ago.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★

Is anyone getting clipped no matter how fast you dash back. I don't know, it feels the player is stuck in quicksand or molasses as you try to dash back to avoid an sp or a hit. It's as if the defender is moving twice as fast and watching yourself get pounded and you see it coming. Don't know if it's just an input issue or they just sped up the movement of the defender. The defender is moving across and reaching you much quicker while it seem you're moving back in baby steps.

I died yesterday in war cause of this. Oponent was at 1% and i dashed back to avoid getting hit, yet it registred as a parry and the node was reflexive stun, so rip. The timing for evading seems a bit off for a couple months, this used to be something very stupid and straght forward, just swipe left, but its been weird lately, ive been doing accidental blocks/parries when i want to evade and a couple times that can be fatal. I play this for 7 years, i know the evade timing, i cant just suddently unlearn that, something has been off for some time now.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    edited July 2022

You are correct on your first sentence. However, Korg s spc1 timing for evade has always been when he pulls the gun, not when he fires, try that and it will work, nothing changed there.
  • Options
    VegetaNoOujiVegetaNoOuji Posts: 57
    After some testing in RoL, I've noticed dashing back with certain champs, initiates a block for a frame or two before dashing back, even though you've never held the block at all in that sequence. That and the fact AI is able to react In places it's never been able to react before, like launching specials when they are still in the invulnerable phases like On the floor or Ms Marvel launched her SP1 while still being partially in her SP2 animation during a power reserve fight, or as mentioned above, AI being able to smack you while you're still on the back end of your own animation. Also the thing where you dash right after a SP3 is back sporadically too.
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    SuelGames said:

I died yesterday in war cause of this. Oponent was at 1% and i dashed back to avoid getting hit, yet it registred as a parry and the node was reflexive stun, so rip. The timing for evading seems a bit off for a couple months, this used to be something very stupid and straght forward, just swipe left, but its been weird lately, ive been doing accidental blocks/parries when i want to evade and a couple times that can be fatal. I play this for 7 years, i know the evade timing, i cant just suddently unlearn that, something has been off for some time now.
    Reflective stun…. the one time parry works flawlessly.