**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How long will it take you to get 1,000,000 Battle Chips?

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
So what's your hit rate? I'm planning to go for 1,000,000 before I open them again.

For me, I'm guessing 4-5 weeks grinding at the arena every day, so early to mid January 2018.

Comments

• Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    if u dont sleep ull get it by a month looll
  • Options
    B_mikeB_mike Posts: 35
    about 2 weeks
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Can easily do it with sleep as well. Just the month of grinding.. no thanks haha
  • Options
    LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    From past 8 monthes of me playing i have done 5 of these 1 mill opening 2 of them of uncollected.
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    I'm not exactly sure on this, usually I can't stand hoarding BCs and just want to burst them open as soon as I get them so I don't really record how long it takes for me to save 1m. Not to mention I cannot keep my motivation up to grind for an entire month hah. Of course, exception to hoarding is now, since the anniversary boost is coming up and I really want to save my BCs for that so that I can get more gold.

Maybe @DNA3000 can help you here, he's always been great with numbers and estimates. ;)
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I'm a regular arena grinder, but NOT an end-gamer, so at my less advanced level, I think it took me around ~3 weeks to gather 1M battlechips. Probably 1 month if I skip some arena due to some reasons (champs already dupped, busy in life, sick of grinding, etc)

While I don't like to horde, however due to various reasons, such as SA milestones (sometimes need to use BC to help alliance to hit), stash storage, etc, I try to manage the opening only per need basis (Bryant Grantt has a video specific about Crystal Hording recently). BC is my main source of units.
  • Options
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    I'm not exactly sure on this, usually I can't stand hoarding BCs and just want to burst them open as soon as I get them so I don't really record how long it takes for me to save 1m. Not to mention I cannot keep my motivation up to grind for an entire month hah. Of course, exception to hoarding is now, since the anniversary boost is coming up and I really want to save my BCs for that so that I can get more gold.

Maybe @DNA3000 can help you here, he's always been great with numbers and estimates. ;)

I tend to estimate 350 bcs per perfect round of grinding, which is about 2860 rounds to reach a million. But it takes less because you get chips from things like milestone rewards, but its a bit tricky because grinding you can do an unlimited amount of in theory, but milestones you can only get once per. Hypothetically speaking you can get about 50k per week from milestones in the arena, which is sort of like 143 bonus rounds of grinding per week.

At a hundred rounds per day during the six days of the two events (a very strong but not crazy grinder), not counting Sundays, about four weeks to get to a million. At about 135 rounds per day (an approaching but probably not quite featured grinder), you can do it in about three weeks. If you are a maniac grinder that does 215 rounds per day (which is about ten to twelve hours of grinding per day) for six days out of every week, you could do it in two weeks.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Months. I rarely grind arenas
  • Options
    I get ~100,000 per arena. I only get the milestones for units.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    If youre a grinder for 10-12 hours a day, and those do exist, you can put in 360+ fights a day. So 7 days or less.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Probably about 2 months for me.

You also have to account for ally donations and prizes from AQ and AW, but that tends to be a wash since the prizes tend to be slightly higher than the required donation amounts.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    probably 2 or 3 months. Hard to say since I can barely save 50k before I give in and open them all.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I only open them on Thur after SA reset in batches of 10 UAC for 100k. Seems like I alternate between 10 and 20 each week.

So that puts my average somewhere around ~150k a week. So, eh 6-7 weeks?
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    If youre a grinder for 10-12 hours a day, and those do exist, you can put in 360+ fights a day. So 7 days or less.

25 an hour is about as fast as you can reasonably go. I don't think any platform can really do 30.

I think the mathematical limit is around 30 per hour, but that requires everything happen perfectly every single fight non-stop. No lag, instant load, fighting the perfect fight with perfect intercepts that do not allow the computer to get off a combo (burning time).

I once spent all day, and I mean literally all day, grinding arena and managed about 300 rounds. I started at sevenish, and while I was watching TV and doing other things here and there, and I took short breaks and stopped for meals, I didn't stop grinding until past midnight. I probably spent over fourteen hours total actually grinding arena.

300 a day is possible, if a bit crazy. 360 per day is not impossible, but on a consistent basis? I would probably need to see evidence of that. There's also no good incentive I can think of to do that on a regular basis, as less than 300 a day would get you the featured in any 4* featured arena. Unless you're trying to see if you can roll over the battlechip counter.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    30 fights? Meaning 10 series? Or 30 series, meaning 90 fights?

Because I have 10 teams of r4 or higher that I run through basic arenas once I hit infinite streak, and I average 3min per team, or 30 minutes for all 10 teams, and I'm on android.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @DNA3000 All I can say is I’ve clocked in at over 30 an hour in an iPad Pro. I never sent my champions for health as it was a test to see how fast I could go. It was 30 in 54 minutes.

On a new champion release I still grind all arenas and usually knock out the 3* in a day, and do 7-8 refreshes in 4* featured with 33 4* teams and 9 5* teams. Think the most I put up was about 10 mil in a day just in feature.

Yeah I know. Go ahead and rag on me guys...
  • Options
    Further more on Sunday there is a guy who can take both top spots. And I’ve seen a couple other take top spots in multiple arenas while taking a featured as well.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 All I can say is I’ve clocked in at over 30 an hour in an iPad Pro. I never sent my champions for health as it was a test to see how fast I could go. It was 30 in 54 minutes.

On a new champion release I still grind all arenas and usually knock out the 3* in a day, and do 7-8 refreshes in 4* featured with 33 4* teams and 9 5* teams. Think the most I put up was about 10 mil in a day just in feature.

I'd be curious to see a video of a one hour stretch like that. I'm curious to know where the time can be squeezed out of. Is it suicides making the fights much shorter, is the iPad pro reducing the load times to zero, or is it a lucky streak of particularly easy fights. For that to be sustained for ten hours something must be happening that I'm not accounting for.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I'm saving for 1 mil to do a 50/50 normal/uncollected opening.
    If you use units to donate it'll be quicker
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I'd be curious to see a video of a one hour stretch like that. I'm curious to know where the time can be squeezed out of. Is it suicides making the fights much shorter, is the iPad pro reducing the load times to zero, or is it a lucky streak of particularly easy fights. For that to be sustained for ten hours something must be happening that I'm not accounting for.
    It was meant more to show as what can be done in an hour and what can be acheived over a day rather than what can be acheived in a 12 Hour stretch
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Someone who can put up crazy arenas wins, look at #1 in summoner trials, #3 is 3* and #16 in featured.

BG clock 2.03m per match for 32 matches here.

Live video
    https://youtu.be/9H7AnmDjR9A

Synopsis
    https://youtu.be/oLddMJbXKcw

• Options
    Takes me about A month, usually picking up all milestones. Not factoring in aq returns or alliance milestones
  • Options
    Based on Briant Grant's test, it does appear to be possible at least for one hour to sustain about 30 matches per hour. It might not be sustainable, but it is possible. It seems to be full suicides shortening the matches by a lot. Without suicides, he's running at a 26-27 per hour rate. With suicides it is just under 30 (his video shows about 29.5 but that's close enough to 30).

30 matches in 54 minutes would be extremely impressive. At that rate someone would cut seven and a half minutes off of Brian's suicide time. His video isn't perfect play so it could have been faster, but that's still a huge improvement in speed.