**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mental Health

Can we please chill out with the game adjustments. We know that you’re on a schedule, but so are we. All of the content and rewards adjustments is a bit much for me. I want things to progress, but at a different style, rate

Comments

• WATCHEDWATCHED Posts: 186
    All recent improvements seem to be geared towards solo ftp players, I'm in an alliance but slowly realizing I may not need to be in one anymore. Play at ur pace, and put ur phone down from time to time.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,302 ★★★★
    Take a break.. do content at your pace.. mental health care is utmost importance.. love you first.. your alliance will understand.
  • PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Posts: 334 ★★★
    You need to change your pace, they can't change the whole game for one player.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    If you need a change of pace due to mental health stop playing the game. A game isn’t worth your health at all.

Quit your alliance, go to a smaller alliance, quit alliance play all together, do half the story you usually do, don’t do event quest.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    To add on to what Jax said, I personally have benefitted from a pretty laid back alliance for years. We do some stuff, but there is a lot of tolerance for just taking days off, or not grinding 24/7 that might benefit you if you're in this position.

There is a lot to do to keep up with the very endgame players, but that's not the most important thing in life, and far less important than staying mentally (tbh and physically) healthy. Make the right decisions for yourself.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    like its been mentioned before mental health is a serious issue that people use lightly.
    if its real and a heavy burden, seek professional help. media and chats are not the place for it.
    its just not safe. if you are addicted to the game and cant leave it alone to avoid overwhelming yourself,
    seek professional help.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Actually you can grow at pretty good pace without playing in an alliance.

Reward from AQ and AW is very limited and outdated. You get nothing exiting from Platinum Season or top 800 AQ. In fact you get more meaningful rewards from one side quest which says it all.

It's the end of alliance stuff if the reward structure stays as of now.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Ironreap said:

Can we please chill out with the game adjustments. We know that you’re on a schedule, but so are we. All of the content and rewards adjustments is a bit much for me. I want things to progress, but at a different style, rate

What adjustments do you mean?
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I don't know if you re referring to alliances, but as others said above, get yourself a break by changing to a less demanding ally. I was in a P4 since June, and decided to step down to a G3 that also don't press me to do AQ. I was able to breath and enjoy solo content, it was really refreshing!
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 765 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey gang,

We've talked about the topic of mental health in the forums once before, and I think it's an important topic.
    Please prioritize your own mental health above the demands of this game. There is nothing that the community team or game team can really do to assist in this capacity aside from telling you to look after yourself.

If you're feeling pressure from your alliance that puts your mental health in jeopardy, I'd recommend taking a step back, reevaluating and spending time in an alliance that more accurately aligns with your playstyle.

Thank you to those of you who have been supportive in this thread.
    Take care of yourselves, and remember to have fun.

I completely agree... but the way many events /modes work in the game, you end up getting heavily penalized for doing so.

*In AQ, you if you put your phone down for 24 hours, you can screw your whole alliance
    *In AW, unless everyone is on board in your BG / no backup, once again you can screw your whole alliance.
    *In calendars: nearly every calendar has very few if any days where you can miss a day and not get a heavy penalty. This has got better, but still needs a lot of improvement.
    *Some monthly side quests require doing something daily (again, this is getting better)
    *4h, daily, and the recent 7h crystals.. you are incentivized to not put the game down.
    *arena: you are incentivized to not only never put the game down, but to break terms and conditions / have someone pilot for you while you "have a life" (job, sleep, etc.). Even paying $1000 for refreshes... you still have to put in the time to do the fights. While you can "choose which arenas you do", you are somewhat stuck in that you don't get to pick when that one champ you want is available / put in your grind.

Permanent content and incursions are really the only mode in the game that allows players to progress at their own pace, and doesn't put at least some pressure on the player to regularly check in. Incursions rewards hopefully are about to get revamped / be relevant, and if so, would probably be the poster child for how to do it right. Optional, occasional, but not frequent, no penalty for skipping, and not requiring you to skip a day of work or school to get it done.

It is also on the player to realize... you can skip some monthly content if you don't feel up to it, but basically asking a player to risk being booted from an alliance because they want to take a couple days off... isn't "healthy".
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

Hey gang,

We've talked about the topic of mental health in the forums once before, and I think it's an important topic.
    Please prioritize your own mental health above the demands of this game. There is nothing that the community team or game team can really do to assist in this capacity aside from telling you to look after yourself.

If you're feeling pressure from your alliance that puts your mental health in jeopardy, I'd recommend taking a step back, reevaluating and spending time in an alliance that more accurately aligns with your playstyle.

Thank you to those of you who have been supportive in this thread.
    Take care of yourselves, and remember to have fun.

I completely agree... but the way many events /modes work in the game, you end up getting heavily penalized for doing so.

*In AQ, you if you put your phone down for 24 hours, you can screw your whole alliance
    *In AW, unless everyone is on board in your BG / no backup, once again you can screw your whole alliance.
    *In calendars: nearly every calendar has very few if any days where you can miss a day and not get a heavy penalty. This has got better, but still needs a lot of improvement.
    *Some monthly side quests require doing something daily (again, this is getting better)
    *4h, daily, and the recent 7h crystals.. you are incentivized to not put the game down.
    *arena: you are incentivized to not only never put the game down, but to break terms and conditions / have someone pilot for you while you "have a life" (job, sleep, etc.). Even paying $1000 for refreshes... you still have to put in the time to do the fights. While you can "choose which arenas you do", you are somewhat stuck in that you don't get to pick when that one champ you want is available / put in your grind.

Permanent content and incursions are really the only mode in the game that allows players to progress at their own pace, and doesn't put at least some pressure on the player to regularly check in. Incursions rewards hopefully are about to get revamped / be relevant, and if so, would probably be the poster child for how to do it right. Optional, occasional, but not frequent, no penalty for skipping, and not requiring you to skip a day of work or school to get it done.

It is also on the player to realize... you can skip some monthly content if you don't feel up to it, but basically asking a player to risk being booted from an alliance because they want to take a couple days off... isn't "healthy".
    It's not the game modes that are responsible for our mental health. It's us.
    I don't say that to be insensitive. I have mental health issues myself. It takes a daily effort to work on keeping balance for my manageability. Some days are better than others.
    Part of that is paying attention to it, and knowing when I need to step away from the game and let it go. I have an Alliance that understands. We're all sensitive to each others' real life situations. We play what we can, and don't pressure each other. Unless that's a gentle Tag in War to move up. ;)
    Ultimately, the game can't know my needs. I need to do what's best for me.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I get where you are coming from OP. During summer I started to play a lot more. But it really put pressure on me. For me the time went into arena. After deciding that buying the deals on the 4th, and using the units on content was not worth me forcing myself to play the game for more units. Play the 80/20 method. Get 80% of the rewards for 20% of the work. A lot about this game works in that matter honostly. Those extra milestones are not the chunk of my unit needs. I still get a nice amount by just doing 1 arena, and just 40 rounds instead of 140+. Technically that is not 80/20 but the same principles apply.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Games can be put aside at times you need some time away from the game if it is becoming overwhelming
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    We need mcoc therapist 🧐
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    If I can make a suggestion, find a hobby that forces you to spend less time on the game
  • baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 ★★★
    As a game developer for a big MMO said, go take a break from my game and enjoy something else. Then come back and see how this game has progressed.