**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Iphone X - Champs dashing in instead of blocking [Fix in Next Update]

Comments

• RaidouRaidou Posts: 27
    So 16.1 is being released December 5, when does 17.0 come out? does this mean it's going to be a while until the iphone x actually works properly?
    My guess is January at best.
  • Raidou wrote: »
    So 16.1 is being released December 5, when does 17.0 come out? does this mean it's going to be a while until the iphone x actually works properly?
    My guess is January at best.

Well that's a pain. Spent 2 team revives to get through 3 fights on 5.3.6 last night because my champions would block and then not stop blocking. Just ate block damage, and couldn't even pause the game to get out. Then it works fine for a fight, then right back to problems. I understand new phones come with new problems, but it's stuff like this that makes people think they really don't test much extensively at all.

• I have had this issue for quite awhile. I play on a samsung galaxy s8 and just used three 6k health potions in aw on my storm and then couldn't control her one bit. You would think with all of these maintenance they could fix the issues like this but hey. Why keep your player base happy am I right?
  • MarkdarktoothMarkdarktooth Posts: 31
    edited December 2017
    CatsAreFun wrote: »
    I have had this issue for quite awhile. I play on a samsung galaxy s8 and just used three 6k health potions in aw on my storm and then couldn't control her one bit. You would think with all of these maintenance they could fix the issues like this but hey. Why keep your player base happy am I right?

I reached out to customer support, simply asked them to replace the 2 teams revive I used since they were wasted. Was told by 4 different people they didn't have the ability to replace individual items and I'm basically out of luck. So im guessing if they went to the store and bought 8 dollars worth of stuff and got home they would just say oh well. That's just the way it is.

@Kabam Wolf can you help me out?

• The fix definitely didn't make it into 16.1.
  • Darth_KaladinnDarth_Kaladinn Posts: 103
    Yeah this definitely didn’t make it into 16.1. @Kabam Wolf any update on this and when will 17.0 come out? I bought an iPhone X and traded in my other phone so I don’t have another device to play on. This game is pretty unplayable with the iPhone X. Am I going to have to wait until the January update to do the high-end quest content in this game?
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    No release date for 17.0 as of yet, but I will let you all know as soon as possible. Thanks.
  • I’ve been playing this game since the very beginning and this bug and the length of time to fix is disheartening. I mean I can’t move through uncollected difficulty without spending tons of units, @Kabam Wolf this puts us at a huge disadvantage and it’s just upsetting.
  • Since the update the issues have gotten worse.

Champs just won’t block, won’t evade back If they do block. Still constantly dashing back and forth while attempting to block or attack.

Specials not activing is actually getting worse.

Constantly swiping back and the champs don’t respond at all. Just stand there and eat specials and heavy attacks.
  • PaleHauntPaleHaunt Posts: 18
    This almost feels like we're being laughed at behind the scenes. This is horrible, and as soon as the dirty word of "Compensation" is said, there is never a response. Let's face it, there will be no compensation that even comes close to what we've had to endure to stay competitive in our alliances, and with these events in December, those of us "lucky" enough to have picked up the iPhone X are screwed. HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE.
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Since the update the issues have gotten worse.

Champs just won’t block, won’t evade back If they do block. Still constantly dashing back and forth while attempting to block or attack.

Specials not activing is actually getting worse.

Constantly swiping back and the champs don’t respond at all. Just stand there and eat specials and heavy attacks.

Yep! ALLLLL the time! Been fighting for this problem to be truly addressed for FOUR MONTHS!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/17259/characters-just-standing-not-responding-under-investigation/p1
  • So another problem with the iPhone X:

When you tap to hit, the game character will for some reason do the uppercut pose and do nothing, thus getting punched in the face. I have noticed that when I pause and unpause the game, it will fix it. When I unpause the game, it will finish the animation in fast forward speed. iOS 11.2 fixed this bug somewhat. It’s not happening as much as before but it’s still happening.

Another problem is dropping blocks and not registering inputs. So I’m tapping the screen and the character on screen suddenly stops responding. Or worse is when I’m trying to dash back but no response. So this happened once too when I tried to sp3, and when I did the sp3 I couldn’t stop the bar no matter how many times I pressed the screen. It’s like the game stopped recognizing the input. Again when I pause and unpause it fixes it but it’s hard when I’m in the middle of a battle trying to dash back only for the character not move and I get punched in the face.

And one super weird problem is when I’m trying to move to the next node, I press the next node and for some reason the unit menu (to purchase items using units) pops up. It does this constantly. What’s weird is it does it only for my tapping thumb, but for my non tapping thumb on my other hand, it works just fine. That is SUPER WEIRD.

There are just a lot of problems playing this game on the iPhone X.
  • PaleHaunt wrote: »
    This almost feels like we're being laughed at behind the scenes. This is horrible, and as soon as the dirty word of "Compensation" is said, there is never a response. Let's face it, there will be no compensation that even comes close to what we've had to endure to stay competitive in our alliances, and with these events in December, those of us "lucky" enough to have picked up the iPhone X are screwed. HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE.

Compensation would either be a boat load of resource or thousands of unit spent, paying through issues known to kabam yet not being fixed.

At this point It looks like a purely greed play by kabam, milk is of our resources and unit, until we get so frustrated we leave the game. To say the fix is coming 17.0 automatically makes you assume they have the fix they are just holding the release to keep us spending like crazy. So, we can hold our current position in our alliances.

• NoFakeNoFake Posts: 1
    edited December 2017
    Es ist einfach nur noch zum Kotzen 🤬
  • I too am having these issues on the iPhone X and I can tell you it's because they changed the layout for the screens bigger size long way. If you do block all the way at the edge of the screen you don't have issues. But that's impossible to do cause it cramps your thumb. They need to move the area of contact back towards the middle. Otherwise I'm done with the game cause I can't compete like this. I keep dying on easy stuff cause I dash forward instead of block/parry.
  • PaleHauntPaleHaunt Posts: 18
    I'm so done with this game...
  • @Kabam Wolf Is this some kind of joke? It’s been 42 days since this problem started. Multiple events have come and gone and been missed out on or insane amounts of units have been spent on revives because of this problem. Why is it taking this long? Can Kabam please step up to the plate here and do something about it?
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey all. Just wanted to check in and let you all know that this is still listed with a fix in 17.0. I'll update you if anything changes with that release. Thanks.
  • PorkChopExpressPorkChopExpress Posts: 47
    edited December 2017
    @Kabam Wolf when is 17.0 coming? That would be nice to know, cause this has been an issue for over 45 days and I would like to know how much longer I am going to have to play with a serious handicap.

It’s really frustrating not being able to do gifting event cause I know I have to keep my unit and resources to fight through content that was clear with no issues months ago.

I am starting to feel this is intended.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I’m experiencing similar issues on iPhone 6s
  • @Kabam Wolf 47 days and counting.... really nothing else you can give us but “17.0”. No date, no mention of compensation?

It just amazes me that you guys can come out with multiple new characters and entirely new content every month but can’t fix a bug that’s been going on for 47 days! Come on now!
  • Well it seems our issues are spreading across all devices.
  • 52 days and counting. Unreal. What a joke.
  • @Kabam Wolf I just had to spend 300 units on team revives 100% because of this bug!! I’m so sick of this and it’s clear now that you are deliberately lagging on fixing it just to make more money!! Being able to create new characters and content and not fix a bug in 53 days shows how all kabam cares about is money!!
  • Igu4n4Igu4n4 Posts: 31
    Dash forward bug,.. still in full effect on iphoneX. Holding heavy 50% of the time results in a backwards evade. It took 5 tries to get GR to heavy instead of dashing backwards today.. I started laughing out loud at how ridiculous it was. It's LOADS of fun. You guys should try it!

-ig.
  • This is beyond frustrating it’s now 55 days of a known issue and nothing has been done. @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Miike can either one of you assure us that you care, even just a little bit. The spending of units from this issue is was past absurd now and all we’ve gotten is “I know it will be fixed sometime in the future, but until then sucks to be you”. I mean come on just give us something to show us this is important for you to take care of.
  • Ya. Once again this game sucks. The champions run in and get hit when your finger is clearly holding them back. The lack of solid maintenance versus their willingness to take your money and give you **** champions is a clear indication that these money grubbing turds only care about dollar signs
  • @Kabam Wolf and @Kabam Miike I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing absolutely nothing about this and making me spend an absurd amount of units on Ice Phoenix. You guys are the best! On to MODOK now so give each other a high five for successfully milking everyone with an iPhone X!!