**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Youtubers Turn Off Suicides When Showcasing Champs

To showcase a new or buffed champs' damage potential, with Suicides on, is not giving an accurate assessment. Not all summoners (like myself) run suicides. When you pull a champ from a crystal, Suicides mastery is not included. Lol. πŸ€”

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    That’s not entirely true. I’ve seen loads of YTers running attack masteries.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    In the time it takes to change masteries they've already done two takes of their showcase against WS
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Also, he mentions buffed champs so I'm going to assume he might be referring to Ant-Man. Obviously a champ who is literally poison immune might perform better with these masterys active
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Also... if your donating cash, they might be more inclined to humor you. Switching masteries on and off not only costs units, but it's time consuming.

You're more than welcome to start your own channel, drop loads of cash for a chance to pull new champs, drop more to rank them up to show case them (and or apply to be a tester) and put your preferred mastery setup on.

Sorry, this "request" sounds like an poorly thought out, entitled demand from someone who is not willing to contribute ,but expects others to cater to them.
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 694 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Or just watch a different content creator?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Just mentally add 50% to the number of hits taken, or drop the numbers you see on the screen by about 35% to get a rough estimation of hits/time without suicides.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I think sometimes that what would be the picture of ROL if Wolverine was the 1st opponent. That would have really showcased a champs's damage potential and could have been the most frustrating fight .
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 568 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I think the most important part is that attack rating effects DOT damage so it isnt always true. I used to run suicides and champs like diablo and silver centurion were nuts but since turned off i dont use them two.
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 547 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Just do the testing yourself with your masteries make your own judgement of a new/buffed champ if you have the champ.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The lack of comma makes me interpret the title differently

That said, maybe a with/without suicides setup could be showcased, but it isn't exactly trivial to change mastery setups.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    YouTube showcases most times hold no practical value if the fight is against ROL WS
    Suicide or no suicide doesn't matter in most cases as that fight itself is not a real depiction of the champ's true potential....and not just suicides but mostly the showcase involves full team synergies as well & sometimes even other masteries that help that champion
    These videos just give a rough idea which I guess is the reason some people watch it for, but it's still not something to base ur opinions on
    The difference between a ROL showcase & an actual fight can be vast
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I had a fairly decent yt channel going for a while and was asked to turn off suicides by some on certain vids. My response would be if they were going to pay the unit cost to switch the masteries back and forth.

It gets very unit costly switching masteries back and forth between suicides on and off and to constantly do that for vids isn't worth the unit cost unless the vid was specifically about a certain mastery setup.
  • Kibble001Kibble001 Posts: 58 β˜…
    I don’t necessarily think it has to do with the cost of redoing masteries. If you are a youtube content creator and your goal is to get viewers and subscribers constantly..you want to shock and impress with big numbers to get people talking. Removing suicides and showcasing mediocre damage wont do jack for your channel. If you look at the well known mcoc youtubers, they get plenty of cash through donations, advertisements and endorsements to remove masteries daily. Not saying for everyone but I’m sure for the majority, it’s what I believe they call click bait.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I have unsubscribed from all mcoc tubers except richtheman and some war experts channels.
    Most of other others are just too skilled or show things which are not optimal for us average joes. That doenst mean they are bad, but in my eyes that content holds no value.

Subscribed to Rich only cuz he covers real threads with real official responces which I may have missed. No drama, No bias, just plain and simple information.