**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Easy prestige calculation - yes or no?

SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
I've seen a lot of crazy prestige calculators out there, but am wondering if the following method is also correct.

If you find your own "strongest team" score on the leaderboard, and divide the total by 5, is that an accurate calculation of your prestige?

duc6o68xg4p1.png

zuw7y7stmlqa.png

This method would seem to take into account base hero rating & sig level, while ignoring masteries and boosts. Plus, it's readily available!

Comments

• SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
    edited December 2017
    If this does indeed work, why is using an online prestige calculator almost always recommended?

If this does not work, what aspect is not being taken into account?

I'm just terribly curious to know if this method is A-OK because gosh it would be easier!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @SillyCaitlin the calculators aren't that hard but from what I can tell your method works.
  • SkellingtonSkellington Posts: 20
    @SillyCaitlin I tried your method and got 5496 and then used a prestige calculator and got 5316. Unfortunately I have no idea why I got higher with your method. Have you checked your prestige with the calculator?
    edited December 2017
    @Skellington It matched exactly with the calculator on Marvel Trucos. Pretty neat. Also, a great tool for leaders/officers of alliances to figure out prestige of individual members.

Wonder why yours was off...

raprsvxtby9t.png
  • @SillyCaitlin it doesn’t match up. My prestige from calculators is 6660.
    Based on your method, I come up with 32,536/5 = 6507.
    This method only applies if you bring your top 5 champs and use them in a quest. That’s how they rank this.
    Easiest way to calculate prestige:
    Take your top 5 in pi, add all pi, divide by 5
    edited December 2017
    @PincheChingon What calculator are you using? I used Marvel Trucos, put in precise sig levels, rank/levels for each, and it was exact.

Here's the link:
    https://mbch.guide/en/kalkulyator-prestizha/

You could also verify by taking every alliance member's strongest team rating on Day 1 of AQ right when it starts, add them up, divide by total # of alliance members, and see if it matches alliance prestige rating... although my identical ratings are enough to convince me!
  • I was using Mutamatt. @SillyCaitlin
    Now us My MBCH online calculator.
    Shows 6666838jyathd2hl.png
    edited December 2017
    Gotcha. Wonder why it's different for you and matches up exactly for me--I guess that all lies in how the prestige calculator is programmed vs. how in-game alliance is programmed.
  • edited December 2017
    Having used a few prestige calculators in my day I can offer some insight here.

Where this method is lacking is in the ability to test what your prestige would be given a certain rank or application of signature stones. It could be good for calculating your current prestige, but that’s only half the battle we face. End game players are constantly looking ahead, looking for ways to improve prestige.

I can also offer insight into why some of the calculations are off. At 39xx you probable have 4/40 champs in your top 5? Those champs don’t have exact values in the database that I maintain, the data is too hard to collect at that rank so it is just scaled down from 5/50 data. Also for some less common champs, and newer champs at high signatures, the data is being extrapolated from known data points. Extrapolation is a source of error. But we see it as asmall and acceptable amount of error.

Another issue may be that the MBCH site likely uses outdated data. For the most up to date data that I publish, you need to be using the sheets based version I posted on Reddit and continue to maintain. The other versions are maintained by others. While they do a great job, I am not certain of the frequency at which the data is updated.

Other things come into play, I round on my calculator, and kabam uses the integer part as far as I know. Many times errors arise when people simply input the data incorrectly.

It is an interesting calculation and I’m fascinated by its affect on the game.

While I’d love to see kabam put a calculator together to test different cases, they have bigger fish to fry right now. Also, this year-and-a-half-plus project has proven to be a great collaboration between many many many members of the community that are too many to thank. It’s really put a lot of information in a lot of players hands.

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    So what is the purpose of prestige?

Aside from helping find yourself an appropriate alliance, does prestige actually do anything? I honestly don't see what purpose it serves.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I should also note that the OP's method does match the online calculators say for my account.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    This has nothing to do with prestige at all. All this leaderboard is the base PI of your best team PLUS synergies. So your 6th & 8th Best prestige champ may have synergies together & your top 5 doesn’t, this would make your “strongest team” score go up
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Strongest team rating comes up with synergy bonus... That is why some people got higher prestige by this method
    Dexman1349 wrote: »

Aside from helping find yourself an appropriate alliance, does prestige actually do anything? I honestly don't see what purpose it serves.

Prestige makes AQ Champions PI higher, the higher your prestige is, the higher the PI’s are he more points you get. So when everyone plays map 6 all 5 days this will be the deciding factor of your scores

AQ difficulty and points awarded is based on prestige.
    This has nothing to do with prestige at all. All this leaderboard is the base PI of your best team PLUS synergies. So your 6th & 8th Best prestige champ may have synergies together & your top 5 doesn’t, this would make your “strongest team” score go up

As far as I was aware, prestige didn't take synergy into account, only rank, level, and sig level.
    I should also note that the OP's method does match the online calculators say for my account.

Sweet. It works!
  • Neal2158Neal2158 Posts: 53
    edited December 2017
    Prestige doesn't take synergies into account, but the strongest team method the OP is using does.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I get 3101 using one of the linked calcs in this thread and 3324 using the strongest team/5

And yes, I'm not tripping over map 5 alliance invites so I'll be here a while longer.
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    Neal2158 wrote: »
    Prestige doesn't take synergies into account, but the strongest team method the OP is using does.

This correct. Strongest team factors in synergy. Sonthw deeper your roster is the more likely this method is to be wrong.

As far as I was aware, prestige didn't take synergy into account, only rank, level, and sig level.

I was talking about the strongest team leaderboards man. It has nothing to do with prestige! Prestige is your top 5 champs base PI average but the strongest team leaderboard is base PI plus synergies to get your score. Turn off your masteries & mess around with your top ranked champs with synergies & you’ll bring this leaderboard score up. Has NOTHING to do with prestige
    edited December 2017

Has NOTHING to do with prestige

You've pointed out one critical difference between "Presige" and "Strongest team divided by 5," but to claim there is NOTHING similar about them I feel to be an overstatement, given that one is average base PI of top 5 champs (only taking into account level, rank, and sig), while the other is average base PI of to 5 champs (taking into account level, rank, sig, and synergy) - plus that they actually get paired and used in a quest.

Yes, I tested this out and when different champs are paired that have synergy, my strongest team rating goes up. The reason my calculated prestige and strongest team divided by 5 matched is because my top champs I almost always use don't have synergy.

Still, comparing the two is more like comparing the base cost of groceries vs. the cost of groceries coupons (buy one of these, get one of those 50% off, etc.). It's not like I was comparing the average weight of an elephant to the processing speed of a iPhone 10. I was simply trying to figure out if the value was the same, or why it is different. Would it hurt to have been a little kinder in your response?
  • My apologies, best way to calculate prestige, besides one of the websites is to remove masteries, then add top 5 pi champs, and divide by 5.
    Then you can compare with one of the websites from trucos.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    It includes synergies. Your method is likely only accurate for you cus your strongest team has no synergies