**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battle grounds suck now

Less of a discussion and more of a overarching statement, battle grounds, a once promising beta is now a pay for rewards debacle that I want no part of anymore, I mean I’ll do a battle here and there for fun but I won’t give money and time to this black hole pit of an event, I used to really enjoy the content but not since it’s official release, in short, battle grounds suck now. :-(

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I do not think it is ruined, but it needs improvement.

Mostly it is a convoluted progression mode that will leave many players, if not most, stuck somewhere in the Victory Track without ways to gain any rewards without spending money. I get why Kabam is monetizing this, but with the many other ways to get rewards these days, I do not think this will work well for them. I am in Gold 1 and haven't spent anything, and now that I have hit my skill cap (apparently), there is not much reason for me to keep playing this month aside from just to have fun. I am unlikely to progress considering the rosters I am facing, and the benefits of moving up in tiers, rewards-wise, isn't worth spending. And frankly I am not sure spending would make a difference.

I am content to see how they update BG. I am sure that will happen in some form.

• Options
    TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 227 ★★
    Personally I have not had as much fun playing this game in the last year to year and a half as I have the last week or so playing this mode. The reward system is broken and the monetization/pay wall clearly needs re-worked a bit, but they've already came out and said they will be making changes. Without spending a dime or units on "protection shields" or "elders marks" I've progressed to Diamond III and made somewhat decent progress in the solo and alliance events.

Is this mode far from perfect? Yes. However, I don't believe it's ruined and hope Kabam does the player base right by fixing the things that clearly need work. And even if it doesn't I would by far and away rather play for free in competitive and friendly mode than ever go into Incursions until it's reworked.
  • Options
    ReyAlemánReyAlemán Posts: 88
    Battlegrounds is so much fun!! I've been playing with friends and I really don't care about rewards but having fun.

PS. I'ts the 1st season, give them time, If they see nobody is spending for rewards they'd make adjustments.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

Nothing is wrong with the mode (aside from the bugs that don't let you fight)
    Most players are just mad about the reward system and how to get maximum rewards
    If they play casually and they play friendly matches often they wouldn't feel the same way
    And hopefully when kabam realize no one is playing their "competitive" game mode competitively they'll fix what they need to fix about the rewards

You look it too simple.
    The game mode costs you time and energy to play. So even if you play just for fun, you still have to pay a price.
    The price will increase with each loss up until you find it no fun anymore and decide to stop. That's when rewards come to save the game mode, people have to get something for their frustration.
    But this game mode doesn't reward you, or reward well enough. Eventually people think it's fun will stop to play almost entirely like what happened with incursion.