**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Timeline for 8.1 boss black widow traps visuals?

I want to know about the timeline in which the fix will come out, so me & others who are not able to see the traps n getting smashed by her save our time, revs & save our cursing for such bugs months after month with each update.. something new comes up.
Wasted 500 units on bw boss n just can't trap her at all! So better i know the timeline of the fix so i can save my time & revs

Comments

• Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,559 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Well you won't get answer to this (if at all) until Monday. They don't work weekends 🙄

I too am very keen to know when. Currently exoring the other Quests while I wait
  • Options
    Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
    JOC_3096 said:

Mackey said:

Well you won't get answer to this (if at all) until Monday. They don't work weekends 🙄

I too am very keen to know when. Currently exoring the other Quests while I wait

Didn't forget though, Kravens traps don't show either, can't see if Kitty is phased, ghost phase, stryfe, invisible woman, hood going invisible. Also Ibomb being toxic, Torch going nova... list just keeps on going 🤣
    Yeah.. but since 8.1 is the new content & got some really great rewards, ! That has been the case with kabam , every update comes new bugs..
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

That's not necessarily true. There is people working but much less than normal and you have the ones on standby for server related things. But we won't have a timeline because they don't have timelines. If they say 2 days and it doesn't happen, the forums will be pitchforks and torches like normal.
  • Options

JOC_3096 said:

Mackey said:

Didn't forget though, Kravens traps don't show either, can't see if Kitty is phased, ghost phase, stryfe, invisible woman, hood going invisible. Also Ibomb being toxic, Torch going nova... list just keeps on going 🤣
    Yeah.. but since 8.1 is the new content & got some really great rewards, ! That has been the case with kabam , every update comes new bugs..
    That's literally every game that's ever existed.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You don’t necessarily need it fixed. Pay attention to where her special ENDS based off the map. So if he special 2 ends at the light fixture in the map. Remember that’s where the trap is.

Not saying it’s fun but it’s a work around, I’ve managed to do 3 runs this way.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    I’ve just been pushing through that quest to get it over with. I’ve definitely used more revives because of it, but it’s almost like an extra challenge guessing where the trap is lol
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 611 ★★★
    It’s really not that hard with them invisible, I’d argue it makes the content a little closer to where I’d expect act 8 difficulty to be still not there but closer.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,742 ★★★★★
    For your own sake I hope they fix it fast, but as for BW:Sc, not seeing traps isnt that big of a deal in my opinion
  • Options
    GeneralNappaGeneralNappa Posts: 102
    Kerneas said:

For your own sake I hope they fix it fast, but as for BW:Sc, not seeing traps isnt that big of a deal in my opinion

It really isn't, common sense and short term memory and you know exactly where the traps are without seeing them. There is way worse visual issues what can impact you more.
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    JOC_3096 said:

Mackey said:

Even knowing this nonsense is going on I was still confused when fighting Mephisto and his aura was active but no visuals. Funny how it's not really something you think much of until it's not there anymore.
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Mackey said:

That's not necessarily true. There is people working but much less than normal and you have the ones on standby for server related things. But we won't have a timeline because they don't have timelines. If they say 2 days and it doesn't happen, the forums will be pitchforks and torches like normal.
    Look around pal, it's already pitchforks and torches for their silence 🤣

But I did say "if at all" as I know they dont give things like that but still no harm in me saying I'm keen to know 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    It seems like lately they are struggling even more to be able to stop adding new bugs (amount and frequency) and to fix existing ones. This may be just an issue of my perception but this is how it seems to me at the moment. I am not holding my breath on a fix anytime soon.

They have still refused to comment (to my knowledge) on if Galan is bugged or the description for his SP2 is wrong. Last time I checked he was still applying incinerates when his SP2 completely missed my Tigra even though the description doesn't say it is on activation like the other parts of the description.
  • Options
    GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    Once enough people have opened their wallets trying to beat this content blind folded the traps will magically appear.

True, no one is being forced to fight her as is, but Kabam isn’t complaining about people spending like mad to get those rewards as fast as possible.
  • Options
    Guytennis said:

Once enough people have opened their wallets trying to beat this content blind folded the traps will magically appear.

True, no one is being forced to fight her as is, but Kabam isn’t complaining about people spending like mad to get those rewards as fast as possible.

Another ridiculous tinfoil hat conspiracy. Kabam doesn't get the money other than getting paid their salary from Netmarble. It's not like the CEO is sitting in front of a computer watching the bank account amount pile up.
  • Options
    JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★

Guytennis said:

Another ridiculous tinfoil hat conspiracy. Kabam doesn't get the money other than getting paid their salary from Netmarble. It's not like the CEO is sitting in front of a computer watching the bank account amount pile up.
    Ok, sure, tell that to all the people who have had to deal with a Fd up AI.

• Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 430 ★★★
    It actually isn’t that bad with the traps. I’m 4 paths in and haven’t had any accidental triggers before. The thing I have been doing, is looking at the background of the map when she lays the traps. This map is actually pretty decent for that. There’s some crates and also a monitor. Memorize where the trap is and you’ll have a much easier time. I get that it’s not ideal, but certainly makes things much easier.
  • Options
    30ish30ish Posts: 177 ★★
    Would love to hear from mod ! What’s their perspective on VFX issues & when they will fox them.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Guytennis said:

Anyone “spending like mad” to beat the 8.1.6 boss is prolly punching above their weight class.
  • Options
    JayBird_IsTheWordJayBird_IsTheWord Posts: 159 ★★
    I am stuck on 8.1.6 boss and already used revives, boosts etc. if I leave, I wasted those items, if I stay I can’t work other content. Just sucks right now.
  • Options
    Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Previously they’ve disabled parts of the game that weren’t functioning correctly. Kabam could easily freeze act 8. To suggest kabam isn’t thrilled to be making money of their own mistake is even more ridiculous than all of the other argumentative nonsense you usually troll throughout this forum.
    Kabam
    Doesn't
    Get
    The
    Money.

How many times does this need to be explained to you? Whether you spend $1 or $5000 on the 8.1 boss, Kabam doesn't receive any of it. Netmarble is who gets all funds through any of the games they own. Kabam is the DEVELOPER.

8.1 is different than the Gauntlet. Gauntlet was removed because of the extra rewards showing up again. 8.1 doesn't HAVE to be done right now and you don't HAVE to spend money to complete it. Those that are forcing themselves through with the VFX issues are making a CHOICE to do that.

Kabam gains nothing from this bug. They can only benefit from getting it fixed quickly. I'm not the troll here, you're the troll with these ridiculously ignorant comments you make that only exist for you to spread stupid misinformation.
  • Options

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Previously they’ve disabled parts of the game that weren’t functioning correctly. Kabam could easily freeze act 8. To suggest kabam isn’t thrilled to be making money of their own mistake is even more ridiculous than all of the other argumentative nonsense you usually troll throughout this forum.
    Kabam
    Doesn't
    Get
    The
    Money.

How many times does this need to be explained to you? Whether you spend $1 or $5000 on the 8.1 boss, Kabam doesn't receive any of it. Netmarble is who gets all funds through any of the games they own. Kabam is the DEVELOPER.

8.1 is different than the Gauntlet. Gauntlet was removed because of the extra rewards showing up again. 8.1 doesn't HAVE to be done right now and you don't HAVE to spend money to complete it. Those that are forcing themselves through with the VFX issues are making a CHOICE to do that.

Kabam gains nothing from this bug. They can only benefit from getting it fixed quickly. I'm not the troll here, you're the troll with these ridiculously ignorant comments you make that only exist for you to spread stupid misinformation.
    So you're saying every last penny of profit goes fully ro netmarble and kabam don't get ANY of that profit pumped back into further development of the game, fund extra things that may or may not appear in the game. Or staff (most likely the execs) at kabam don't get any bonuses that are tied to profits.

Give your head a wobble mate, if you think kabam gets zilch from netmarble from profits then you're seriously deluded
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Mackey said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Kabam
    Doesn't
    Get
    The
    Money.

So you're saying every last penny of profit goes fully ro netmarble and kabam don't get ANY of that profit pumped back into further development of the game, fund extra things that may or may not appear in the game. Or staff (most likely the execs) at kabam don't get any bonuses that are tied to profits.

Give your head a wobble mate, if you think kabam gets zilch from netmarble from profits then you're seriously deluded
    Netmarble pays the salaries of Kabam. I am sure there is some sort of bonus for the CEO or something but I can't speak for the qualifications of that. The devs get paid either way.

If you think the devs are leaving these VFX bugs in the game on purpose to make money then you are straight up stupid.
  • Options
    Sunny2Sunny2 Posts: 183 ★★
    Anyway any of the mods can give us an updated timeline on the fix?
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    I just powered through. Can't wait to get the compensation package that will expire two weeks later cause I have no use for it anymore.
  • Options

Mackey said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Kabam
    Doesn't
    Get
    The
    Money.

Netmarble pays the salaries of Kabam. I am sure there is some sort of bonus for the CEO or something but I can't speak for the qualifications of that. The devs get paid either way.

If you think the devs are leaving these VFX bugs in the game on purpose to make money then you are straight up stupid.
    I not once said they're doing it to make more money. Please check before replying with silly comments 👌