**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Modok's Lab Heroic is harder then BotGs Bounty Heroic... WHY?

So as the title states Heroic in MODOK's lab is much harder then Heroic in the Battle of the Gods Event. Why is this?

Just sucks as I am still fairly new and could just barely do the Heroic on BotGs near the end... but there is no way I can do Heroic in the new MODOK's Lab Special Quest.

Just sucks as now I will not get those 4* shards I so desperately need.

Comments

• Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Rewards are miles better and can be had more often.

You don't have to play it though.

I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Rewards are miles better and can be had more often.

You don't have to play it though.

I enjoyed it.

I am just saying the Heroic Lab is just slightly too hard IMO. Just the Lab though.

I agree rewards are AWESOME! Loving the event except this one issue for me.

Moneygrab wrote: »
    It’s content aimed at end game players. Something we have been asking for for a while now. Nice to see these additions to the contest.

What? You guys have Master and now even a special "Uncollected" diff... are you saying that is not enough? Heroic should be harder too?

Or did you not understand what I was saying?

I am very happy they have Master and now Uncollected for you guys... but please do not start trying to change the easier parts that are for newer players like me. The fact that the MODOK Lab Special Quest is almost twice as hard as the BotGs one is just not right IMO. I will miss out on all those 4* shards that I could get last event... just is not consistent.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Reroll with the randomizer if you think the buffs on the opponent are too difficult to overcome
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Reroll with the randomizer if you think the buffs on the opponent are too difficult to overcome

No it is actually their overall rating is much higher then Heroic BotGs Special Event Quest (Bounty)... about twice as high in some cases and there are many more to defeat this time around. That is the issue for me and where I am at in the game. I mean the second fight is a 7,000+ rated Iron Fist... that is not even the boss. My best char is 2,400 rated... lol :D When it is one 6-7,000 rated as the boss after a 5,000 rated or so I can do it (like the BotGs Heroic Bounty)... but not this.

Just sucks is all as I was getting a few 4* shards from the last event but not this one sadly.
  • Options
    beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    it's really not that hard. i was able to complete it with two r3 4* and three 3*
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    beaupoem wrote: »
    it's really not that hard. i was able to complete it with two r3 4* and three 3*

Well I know part of it is I am not that good yet :D Also you mean Lab and not Hotel right?

I accidentally backed out after seeing the rating on the champs but I used my ticket so I cannot try again until later. I am just not good enough yet to consistently take on champs rated over twice as high as my best.

I am just wondering why it is that much harder Heroic for Heroic then the Bounties in the last one.
  • Options
    beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    yeah modok's lab, not the event quest. part of it is prob the nodes. make sure to read each node and what it does before each fight
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    beaupoem wrote: »
    yeah modok's lab, not the event quest. part of it is prob the nodes. make sure to read each node and what it does before each fight

Okay just wanted to be sure ;)

Will do!

Also not complaining about it... it is just the increase seemed steep compared to the BotGs Bounties and wanted to understand why they would do that.

As for the event overall I love it! Just sad at the prospect of not being able to consistently do Heroic Lab as I have seven 4*s so far and really need to build my roster.
  • Options
    jcruz2133jcruz2133 Posts: 152
    git gud
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,509 ★★★★★
    It's the nodes mate if too hard randomize the bounty was easier due to u can choose which noded path to go and fight 1 this time u fight 5 and have different buffs either randomize or fight better
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    jcruz2133 wrote: »
    git gud

Get lost. Or get bent. Whichever you prefer. Or both if you want. I am very generous when jokingly telling people off ;):D

Bendy wrote: »
    It's the nodes mate if too hard randomize the bounty was easier due to u can choose which noded path to go and fight 1 this time u fight 5 and have different buffs either randomize or fight better

Ah that makes sense. The rewards are much better this time and we could chose path last time.
    I should be able to do it easier by the end of the event when I level a few more of my 4*s.
  • Options
    Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    modok is kicking my butt....it feels harder but it feels worth it...even though..i ..um...raged...A LOT.
  • Options
    Vis123456789Vis123456789 Posts: 69
    practice makes perfect, u know , i can easily do heroic difficulty but eventhough i could 100 percent master in normal quests i found these master quests too hard as my top vchmap is a rank 3 5 star
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I haven't tried Heroic MODOK's Hotel yet... but it looks not too bad (but must ramp up I assume).

Just was talking about Heroic Lab vs the Heroic Bounty from last event and how this one is a pretty big rise in difficulty when comparing them. But as someone pointed out the rewards and setup are different so that explains it.

And I am fairly good at Parry but need to work on Dexterity and not being so aggressive and getting caught.
  • Options
    Vis123456789Vis123456789 Posts: 69
    edited December 2017
    u said so urself that u are new so over time it should get easier
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    u said so urself that u are new so over time it should get easier

Yeah still farily new. I am pretty good a Parry now and starting to get a few Dexterity's off. I really need to get better at Dex and learn to not be so aggressive as I get caught a lot still.

To be fair I never see myself getting good enough to play at levels I see on YouTube though :D
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    You have a good point but there are less fights I kind of think one champ per defender that's double your rating is a good but tough challenge, yeah learn the nodes and spin if you get thorns or other tough ones
  • Options
    RHCP725RHCP725 Posts: 24
    Also take into account that the new lab costs 0 energy to run. It's designed to be hard. Do your best. It's a month long so you have time to get used to it and get stronger.