**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

BG matchmaking

ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
Is BG ranking the only thing taken into account during BG matchmaking?

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Should be ya, unless it’s messed up
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    No, it's roster strenghts. It's garbage.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★

What do you mean by roster strength?
  • JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 390 ★★★

The sandbagging issue from last season has returned. I matched someone today (as an account with only 2 rank 3 six stars) with upwards of 10 rank 4 six stars, and a bunch of one-two stars.

It’s very sad to see. Especially when this is within the rankings of Silver 2.

I hope Kabam can find a permanent way to sort this out, sooner rather than later.

Jinx
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Jinxesaxe said:

The sandbagging issue from last season has returned. I matched someone today (as an account with only 2 rank 3 six stars) with upwards of 10 rank 4 six stars, and a bunch of one-two stars.

I hope Kabam can find a permanent way to sort this out, sooner rather than later.

Jinx
    You say that but I took on someone like that and my deck is all r3 6 and up. That would tell me sandbagging doesn't work just rng you fought one trying that.
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx
    You say that but I took on someone like that and my deck is all r3 6 and up. That would tell me sandbagging doesn't work just rng you fought one trying that.
    Wrong. I've encountered the same thing, and it definitely gives them an advantage.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    edited October 2022

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx
    Wrong. I've encountered the same thing, and it definitely gives them an advantage.
    I'm not saying it didn't but it didn't help them match against you. If they fought me with 2* deck as well. You would have very well fought them still if they put all r4 6*.
  • _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 214 ★★★
    I don't really understand the matchmaking logic. I get it wouldn't be fun or a challenge matching against weaker people and might put them off, but from the get go matching on roster strength seems off when everyone is competing for same rewards. If paragons just play similar levels and smaller rosters just play smaller rosters don't they get to progress the same amount and get the same rewards (give or take progression price differences). I don't think I've been matched against anyone other than paragon in bronze.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    Matchmkaing absolutely goes by the BG roster to some point, but it also depends on what is available in that tier.

In bronze and silver, I played around and took out all my r3 and r4 6*s and put in low ranked 5 stars and 4 stars. The result was I was matched with way weaker opponents. While using my real roster, I was matched with others stacked with 6 star r3 and r4. Don't believe me, try it yourself.

However, this mainly only works in the highly populated tiers like bronze and silver. As you work your way higher there are less matching options and there starts to get much larger differences in BG rosters. As you get to the higher tiers, there aren't enough options to get close to similar ranking of BG roster and this is where lower players hit the wall.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,301 ★★★★★

Matchmkaing absolutely goes by the BG roster to some point, but it also depends on what is available in that tier.

In bronze and silver, I played around and took out all my r3 and r4 6*s and put in low ranked 5 stars and 4 stars. The result was I was matched with way weaker opponents. While using my real roster, I was matched with others stacked with 6 star r3 and r4. Don't believe me, try it yourself.

However, this mainly only works in the highly populated tiers like bronze and silver. As you work your way higher there are less matching options and there starts to get much larger differences in BG rosters. As you get to the higher tiers, there aren't enough options to get close to similar ranking of BG roster and this is where lower players hit the wall.

This exactly. I tried with all 4* and got matched with someone who has a few 5* and other 4* champs in the deck. It’s a strategy to get out of the bronze and silver tier. Otherwise you are just stuck in bronze fighting fat rosters and winning about 50%
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

He means the cumulative Prestige rating for your selected BattleDeck.
    At some point during the matchmaking process, if tries to match you against an opponent who's deck has similar prestige as yours. I believe this criteria has less priority than Tier/BG Rating but it definitely exists
  • _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 214 ★★★

This helped a lot actually, switched to 5* roster and escaping bronze and silver was much easier! Thanks!
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited October 2022
    _Pez_ said:

This helped a lot actually, switched to 5* roster and escaping bronze and silver was much easier! Thanks!
    @Kabam Jax @Kabam Miike Can you confirm? If we are shooting for same rewards, why is there (or confirm there is not) roster based Matchmkaing? Can you shed light on the full details of matchmaking, since units are involved as well as same rewards?
    ChiliDog said:

_Pez_ said:

@Kabam Jax @Kabam Miike Can you confirm? If we are shooting for same rewards, why is there (or confirm there is not) roster based Matchmkaing? Can you shed light on the full details of matchmaking, since units are involved as well as same rewards?
    I can confirm it's true as I've tested it out myself. Just switch your active BG roster is all 4*s and test it out for yourself and you will see. Fyi, this mostly works in lower tiers like bronze and silver, the higher you go the less it works as the fewer potential low rated matchups.
    _Pez_ said:

My pleasure and that's what I did last 2 seasons. Otherwise just getting out of bronze is brutal even with a stacked roster.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★

ChiliDog said:

_Pez_ said:

I can confirm it's true as I've tested it out myself. Just switch your active BG roster is all 4*s and test it out for yourself and you will see. Fyi, this mostly works in lower tiers like bronze and silver, the higher you go the less it works as the fewer potential low rated matchups.
    Yep, you are right! I tried it. This changes the whole meta of working up tiers and optimizing when you spend marks versus energy for the most points. Amazing though they still had just a few 6* on the team I was facing. 6* corvus for offense and 6* toad versus my 4*, but most their deck was now 80% 4*s both times. Versus 90% 6* with the 5* max sig nicks thrown in.

Oh, this is horrible....lol.