**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds is in a very poor state

Battlegrounds is in an incredibly bad spot right now, countless sandbaggers looking for easy wins. I can’t stop getting gatekeeped by paragon players at silver 1 I’ve matched like five of them on my final game. And I can’t escape input issues with dex and parrying even here, sbmm definetly needs an overhaul. I hope you guys are looking at this gamemode and are going to fine tune these issues because it’s a very unsatisfying gamemode currently, even though the rewards are hella juicy. The technical pain is just not worth it.

Comments

• LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    frodo2377 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

What’s gatekeeping those Paragon players? Why are they still in Silver?

Laziness? Time Constraints? Burnout? I'm a paragon player and I only play when the new objectives come in. I get my 3 wins and then stop. Just made it into Plat 2.
    At the end of the day, this will be a problem for BG no matter what. When I look at my friends list, I see that I am the furthest on in Diamond 1. However, I know those players have better skill than me. They just are fine with playing a couple rounds here and there and stay in bronze. You’re bound to find them in every stage of bg no matter what
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Battlegrounds is in Mississippi?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    By now everyone including Kabam is aware of cheating and exploiting, so we don’t need so many people creating posts about it. You can vent your spleen, rightfully so, in one of the many existing BG threads.

Otherwise, report the player. Let Kabam work through the many such reports it is getting, and hope they can figure a way to prevent it.

It’s a huge problem that we have so many cowards and douchebags in the game who are afraid to compete normally and instead cheat or exploit the system. And don’t forget the Mercs and the whales who pay them to complete content for them. The players are the problem, not Kabam.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Minderu said:

Battlegrounds is in an incredibly bad spot right now, countless sandbaggers looking for easy wins. I can’t stop getting gatekeeped by paragon players at silver 1 I’ve matched like five of them on my final game. And I can’t escape input issues with dex and parrying even here, sbmm definetly needs an overhaul. I hope you guys are looking at this gamemode and are going to fine tune these issues because it’s a very unsatisfying gamemode currently, even though the rewards are hella juicy. The technical pain is just not worth it.

Why do you think you deserve to not fight other people in the same tier as you?
  • Fx12672Fx12672 Posts: 21
    It shouldnt matter if your thronebreaker or paragon. If your in the same tier, you should get matched together. Ive been in your shoes before. On the bright side, it will feel so much better when you actually break through to the next tier:)
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    frodo2377 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Laziness? Time Constraints? Burnout? I'm a paragon player and I only play when the new objectives come in. I get my 3 wins and then stop. Just made it into Plat 2.
    I am a paragon player sitting in silver. I only finally picked up battle grounds about a week ago, and I’ve only been playing objectives. But I doubt I am in this person’s way, as I only play with my fully raked up 4*s right now.

My question is merely intended to ask: if the structure of the game makes it undesirable to be in silver, then why are these more powerful players there? And of course the answer is that some function of the game, and how these guys play it, requires them to be there at that point. I seriously doubt anyone is sitting in Silver intentionally gatekeeping players. If they are losing to stay in silver to make it easier to get the one win you need for objectives, then they are letting tons of people pass them. And if they are winning, well, you can’t drop rankings once they are achieved?
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 812 ★★★
    Mackey said:

Bulmkt said:

This game mode is rife with modders. Don’t worry about sandbaggers.

I could post a dozen different screen shots showing the same outcome - the opponent after like 40-50secs is still at 100% HP which is complete BS

Those trying to participate against honest players is impossible
    (I’m Platinum 1)

54 seconds and full health against Thing is very believable, especially with shang chi
    Tons of modders in the game....this isn't one of them. This is easily doable with shang chi
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

I could post a dozen different screen shots showing the same outcome - the opponent after like 40-50secs is still at 100% HP which is complete BS

(I’m Platinum 1)

Thing is a pretty easy fight with the right counter. I’ve 100% health him in about 45 seconds with masacre. You are complaining about the wrong people.
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

(I’m Platinum 1)

Dude are you kidding me😂 shang chi can come out with full health in 90% of the matchups. Thing’s protection stops shang chi from finishing the fight faster. He comes out with full health in 20-30 seconds tops.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Shang is terrible for thing, sp2 will trigger protection and do nothing
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

(I’m Platinum 1)

People just to blame modders instead of admitting they straight up lost. This unfortunately is why the "report" button can't work because too many people will automatically report most who beat them instead of just accepting defeat.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,066 ★★★★★
    the one thing i will say is the input issues are definitely there .. i've started countless fights unable to throw heavy, unable to parry etc.

but the single absolutely the most frustrating thing for me is sitting there watching the game lag only to resume and see that my team and/or counters have been chosen for me and it's always either the WORST counters possible or i've lost the matchup completely ... if i quit out i've lost, so i just pray that by the time the game connection fixes itself i have a fighting chance which in 90% of the cases, i don't anymore.
  • Wildblue333Wildblue333 Posts: 403 ★★
    Battle grounds is not playable. I've tried to win over 50 matches and cannot win 2 round in a row. I'm discouraged to give it shot in the future
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    The thing that bugs me, is the bug that causes a match to not start up correctly and having to put the app in the background and bring it into the foreground again immediately.

And this has to happen after accepting a match and the countdown happens (put to background).

Then the ban phase happens I pick (have to put it to the background again or the timer will just run to 0 and stay there)

Then the draft happens and after each draft for myself and the opponent (background the app and bring it back to make the timers work and not just go to 0)

And then again for the defender picks on both sides, then the attackers, and then when the countdown gets to 0 before the fight starts I have to do that one more time to actually get into the fight or the game sticks on the match up screen while the main fight counter ticks down waiting for “results”.

This happens every time after my first battlegrounds match and I queue in for a second in a row. Every time after one match I have to restart the whole app. Every. Single. Time.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Lovejoy72 said:

As others have said, i will also say: i don't care about bgs any more than winning 2 and participating in a third every 48 hrs. So, math says if u need 3 wins to progress, and i just need 2 of three but not in any order... voila! Paragons slumming in silver.
    Sure, but if you’re losing enough that you never progress, there’s really not much in the way of gatekeeping?
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    People throwing a lot of excuses around for not progressing through the tiers. People sandbagging and modding cause losses yes, but there’s 2 main blockers for progression -

- your roster isn’t developed enough
    - You aren’t playing well enough (bans/drafting/match-up’s/executing)

Address both of these and you’ll move up.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Battle grounds is not playable. I've tried to win over 50 matches and cannot win 2 round in a row. I'm discouraged to give it shot in the future

I think your situation is less of a BG not playable issue and much more of a skill issue.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited October 2022
    I think the answer is simple, if you win some and lose some.....you don't move up. With matchmaking the way it was, you can end up sitting if you going 50/50 against others.

When I was told about matchmaking I tried it out one day to see what people were saying and just found the system being manipulated even more. So went back to my win some, lose some with deck based matchmaking. This weekend I did a lot better and was winning about 2/3 the time and went up 1 tier within silver, but I don't play that much either and wait for 48 hr reward resets.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    Lovejoy72 said:

Other Paragon players, that’s what gate keeping them.
    Half are advancing and half can’t, because of this “great” deck matchmaking 😂