**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AI and input Issues

JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
Theres still input problems, more severe than before, as u play u notice sometimes attack inputs wont work so you stop suddenly the combo and get punished, or it wont do the special, or it doesnt back and blocks instead, and it starts to be annoying, because its nice when it doesnt happen but while doing Incursions or BGs or Alliance Wars it has a very huge impact, and Im not even talking bout Endgame content, its really awful.

And I noticed that right now at least, the AI is holding the specials way too much, not always but more frequently than before, idk if its cause of the champion as some of them are just more defensive cause its the way they are developed, but to me it happens way more than before and its kinda annoying to be baiting specials, mainly in BGs as the time is very important.

And I dont see Kabam saying nothing bout it

Comments

• Options
    I just want some info about what they are doing about this issues
  • Options
    I thought It was just me cause I dropped the game for some months and maybe I was just unused, but I see its in general, lets hope Kabam does something about this or at least they give us a little more info
  • Options
    csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131
    The AI has definitely changed, had a backdraft intercept earlier. They recover extremely fast too. The controls are worse than before and nothing but crickets. They need to figure out a fix for the core gameplay before they worry about relics and other new things that are going to mess up the game even more.
  • Options
    I just want to know why the hell the freaking AI is holding the supers, I dont care much about it in missions but in AW and BG is annoying as hell, cant do nothing if they hold the super for 30 seconds in a BG match, I just lose because the AI sucks
  • Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    Loosing bg fights bc the ai wont throw a special for 45sec is bs. The fact I can evade the ai for 45 sec should be an auto win for me anyways and bonus refills for being such a badass.
  • Options
    LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    It's insane the silence on this.
    This issue has been raised several times, with people replying;
    1. ofcourse the AI must keep up with the game
    2. (device, internet, playstyle.. its not the game)
    3. The AI is a change is related to input (please use this bug reporting void link)

I know a company who also attempted this with a phone "you are holding it wrong thats why your calls or network is being disconnected"

I honestly think, why even add this BETA activate input button.. if it does nothing.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Lorddrew said:

I honestly think, why even add this BETA activate input button.. if it does nothing.

Placebo.
  • Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    edited November 2022
    Holy sheesh, mllll intercept and ai hits me dashing back. Wth. That’s suppose to be impossible but ofc the ai can do it now. Gg kabam
  • Options
    Things that I’ve encountered include but are not limited to

Dropped inputs stalling my combo and the AI punishing me for standing still
    Trying to dex but either parry or stand still
    Random dash-backs
    Random dash-forwards
    AI not throwing specials (really bad on Bane nodes)
    Parry not working

And when I use Nimrod to fight Gambit I like to get him to build charges by hitting into his block to then bait heavy and convert them to prowess to really punish him but I’ve watched the stuttering block pattern as Gambit seems to be holding block but fails to build charges. This has happened twice but is not a regular thing.
  • Options
    0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    edited November 2022
    I got parried by AI in Act 7 yesterday. Pretty sure these AI don't have a parry mastery set up for them.
  • Options
    This is too damn annoying, AI sucks too damn hard, its too **** annoying to play vs a senseless AI, just blocks, or just goes forward constantly, or just intercepts or parrys everytime, can Kabam just bring back 2018 game? Idc about all the new things, I just miss the Ai
  • Options
    JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
    My favorite is when the defender becomes aggressive and runs at you than then just as quickly becomes passive and walks at you across the screen. 😏
  • Options
    Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Posts: 390 ★★★
    edited November 2022
    This is constant!!! Every fight I miss at least one parry. It's worst when it impacts BG or my progress in a quests.

I get that the AI needs to start keeping up with the progression of the game and players, but not by cheating! Never seen AI be able to hit me and dodge a punch at the same time. Then when I try to retaliate I won't be able to complete a combo, dash back and use block in time to not get hit by a special, ..you name it. I'm sure all you guys already know what I'm talking about.

This game is a joke. And I don't need a troll saying I have bad connection because this happens ALL THE TIME no matter where I am.

Oh..not to mention, AI is back to not using their special again. I know that was an issue a few months back that clearly hasn't been fixed.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

This is constant!!! Every fight I miss at least one parry. It's worst when it impacts BG or my progress in a quests.

I get that the AI needs to start keeping up with the progression of the game and players, but not by cheating! Never seen AI be able to hit me and dodge a punch at the same time. Then when I try to retaliate I won't be able to complete a combo, dash back and use block in time to not get hit by a special, ..you name it. I'm sure all you guys already know what I'm talking about.

This game is a joke. And I don't need a troll saying I have bad connection because this happens ALL THE TIME no matter where I am.

Oh..not to mention, AI is back to not using their special again. I know that was an issue a few months back that clearly hasn't been fixed.

That’s true but I see very little difference between master, uncollected and cavalier AI and that’s not right. Makes it a lot harder for newer players to get into the game. Map 6 nodes might be easier but the AI is 10 times harder than before.

The difficulty is across the board; Storybook, AQ, AW, BG (one of the worst since it’s so time sensitive), etc.
  • Options
    I dont really mind the difficult as soon as the AI does what it has to, using specials, not blocking all the time, working as intented, instead of playing as another player, because it will make you lose time, and in some cases where it has a power boost, just throw a Special 3 and finish the fight because the AI wont do anything but stay back, try a medium and back again and medium and back just 10 times in a row without doing anything else.
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Blocking sucks, dex sucks, and input sucks as well
  • Options
    csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131
    Playing this game is so frustrating with all of this going on and Kabam isn't saying anything. Last thing I saw was that they weren't giving compensation because the problem causing it before was "fixed".
  • Options
    Well, then there's another freaking problem different from the first one that is causing even worse Input problems
  • Options
    Catmanndo said:

I’d love to know if certain devices are handling the game better than others.
    My Apple devices have had issues for well over a year. It improved slightly from the beta awhile back and now it’s suffering from the same input issues which feel even worse with the current ai.

I’m on iPhone max xs and have had the parry issues since last July and the Messed up AI problems/standing still during fights since May this year.
  • Options
    Btg39Btg39 Posts: 7
    The game is working exactly as they intend it to. Parry, dex, input issues, these issues have been here for what, 2 years?
    The clowns at kabam won't address it because you will have to purchase revives, potions and chase better champions to clear the content more easily
    This company continues to p*** down the player's throats and the player base continues to spend money
    This game is all about greed and addiction

• Options
    Its so sad that Kabam doesnt care about players, I think the players are just too tired to still give a f, most players just stop playing or stop spending, I just hope Kabam notices that this is making them lose money, because already a lot of players that would spend money are just leaving the game, or just playing a lot less, If Kabam made better decisions about this kind of stuff (bugs in general) they would make a lot of money and improve a lot, even some youtubers, Seatin was a beast in MCOC content, he would make a lot of people keep playing cause of him, myself as example, I used to play a lot more and spend in game while watching him, now I just playing the Alliance stuff mostly cause input issues are too annoying.

Kabam, you should take more seriously this kind of stuff, because a lot of games get **** because of this. Dont make the same mistakes a lot of companys already did
  • Options
    TheHorrorTheHorror Posts: 29
    edited November 2022
    Why the AI won't throw specials anymore? I've been playing this game for so long, I know that this isn't normal...so why isn't it adressed?
    The AI is way passive now than it was before. Please fix this...

I use she hulk with 6 fury on me and the AI didn't want to throw a special, while the AI had his own fury (supposed to make him more aggressive?)on him/it.

Please fix the damn AI!