BG matchfixing...

Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,357 ★★★★★
I've had instances where I've had opponents decline fighting me 4 times in a row (probably the same person) or once the vs screen comes up and go away they quit out during champion banning. It has happened most frequently in Diamond I & Vibranium where you need 5 wins to get into the Gladiator circuit.

These are probably people trying to match their own profiles on several devices, or that of their friends they have arranged to dummy fight isn't it? I've seen it happen a few times to people on youtube also.

Seems like something Kabam wouldn't be able to monitor and is quite annoying for me personally.

Comments

• KyloKylo Member Posts: 124
    Sorry for a not very relevant question, but if they quit during the champion banning time, won't you automatically win? Isn't that beneficial for you? They may be exploiting, true, but I don't see how it's quite annoying for you. Still, them climbing just by matching with their alts should be somehow punishable(maybe you shouldn't match consecutively more than twice or something like that).
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,357 ★★★★★
    Kylo said:

Sorry for a not very relevant question, but if they quit during the champion banning time, won't you automatically win? Isn't that beneficial for you? They may be exploiting, true, but I don't see how it's quite annoying for you. Still, them climbing just by matching with their alts should be somehow punishable(maybe you shouldn't match consecutively more than twice or something like that).

Oh in the few instances they do that yes it's a win but still annoying and even detrimental eg if I was in Diamond II and decided to use a shield on my last match to go to Diamond I I've wasted it because there was no fight.

But most of the time it's the declines before you even see the opponent that appears to be people trying to match up with other known accounts simultaneously in the same level.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Member Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

I've had instances where I've had opponents decline fighting me 4 times in a row (probably the same person) or once the vs screen comes up and go away they quit out during champion banning. It has happened most frequently in Diamond I & Vibranium where you need 5 wins to get into the Gladiator circuit.

These are probably people trying to match their own profiles on several devices, or that of their friends they have arranged to dummy fight isn't it? I've seen it happen a few times to people on youtube also.

Seems like something Kabam wouldn't be able to monitor and is quite annoying for me personally.

You could be right but don't automatically assume that they're "Matchfixing" per say. They may also be stream sniping someone which may or may not be malicious and could just be someone wanting their 10 minutes of "fame".
  • KyloKylo Member Posts: 124
    Bugmat78 said:

Kylo said:

Oh in the few instances they do that yes it's a win but still annoying and even detrimental eg if I was in Diamond II and decided to use a shield on my last match to go to Diamond I I've wasted it because there was no fight.

But most of the time it's the declines before you even see the opponent that appears to be people trying to match up with other known accounts simultaneously in the same level.
    Ok that is a problem I agree. There must be no option to accept and decline. Once we Start matchmaking, it should automatically accept the first target we come across.
    Yes I'm in agreement with that. No accept/decline option would cut out a lot of the shenanigans.
    edited November 2022
    Got quite a few disagrees (from match fixers clearly lol) but now that @TheKiryu has highlighted oline this maybe a mod will respond?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gYT4BIOMz-k&t=534s&ab_channel=KT1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYT4BIOMz-k&t=534s&ab_channel=KT1
  • McCloud33McCloud33 Member Posts: 45
    Kabam Jax said:

More information about this in this post!
    (none of it is a result of KT1 posting)

@Kabam Jax appreciate what's in that post, but just taking people down to zero points isn't enough. If they're cheating, they should be banned.