**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Make DS great again

It’s time to undo the nerf on DS. Let’s face it, he absolutely sucks. The champs that have came out in the last year are more OP that he ever was. He’s power gain is so slow and his dmg is horrible

Comments

• ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I doibt they will look at him again, but they really should. I say this a lot, but it's tough to see now that multiple Mystic characters are clearly better/more powerful.

I mean, wow. Every time I use Doctor Voodoo...you almost have to laugh. DV is so far ahead of DS, it's not even funny.

It really shouldn't be that way.
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    I think the only glimmer of hope for Stephen Strange is if Kabam releases a new improved version of him.
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    Kabam built a wall to limit the power of doctor strange and made us pay for it
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    i have DS and he use to be good, now its depressing
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    #MakeDSGreatAgain!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I pulled him from a group of 50 PHC. Couldn't believe it. Awakened him, gave him some stones and took him straight to 5/50. One of my best days in the game, I had been hoping for him since I started playing. 12.0 and the nerf was two weeks later lol. Never even really got good using him. Ranked him down and he's been collecting dust ever since. The thing that bothers me is that we were specifically promised that the nerf was only going to bring him "closer to the pack" but that he would still be a top champ. Still waiting for Kabam to honor that promise.
    Ranked him down and he's been collecting dust ever since. The thing that bothers me is that we were specifically promised that the nerf was only going to bring him "closer to the pack" but that he would still be a top champ. Still waiting for Kabam to honor that promise.

I still have him at 4/40, because I want to believe that someone on the Dev team knows the truth: They crushed this character so badly, you almost have to go back and look at it.

These Mystic characters are CLEARLY better than Doctor Strange, which means a person would almost never use DS in any scenario in front of them:
    Doctor Voodoo
    Magik
    Ghost Rider
    Dormammu

These Mystic characters are usually better than Doctor Strange in most scenarios -- not all, but most:
    Scarlet Witch
    Mephisto

These characters are considerably more useful than DS in burst fights:
    Juggernaut
    The Hood
    Guillotine

That's nine -- NINE -- characters in the Mystic class alone who most people could make a really argument for using before Doctor Strange. Four of them are absolute no-doubters. The next two probably are, but I am trying not to overstate.

So, yeah. Man. It's bad for DS. I think everybody knows it, and that's the frustrating part -- I bet you can't find five people who will tell you they use DS consistently, which is a shame
    I think the most devastating indictment of where DS is right now is that there is no aspect of gameplay where a player is afraid to fsce him -- you actually WANT TO FIGHT Doctor Strange, he's so easy
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    DS is like the SG of mystics