**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My Thoughts on Battlegrounds

Heinz11Heinz11 Posts: 208
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
I know there are dozens of posts on Battlegrounds already, so forgive me for creating another, but I really want to share my thoughts on this game mode and my experience in the Gladiator circuit. Battlegrounds is a great game mode. There are so many things to enjoy about playing this mode. I consider myself average to above average skill wise, but I have a pretty big roster. I have made it fairly high in Gladiator Circuit and have been able to play against some of the best players in the game. Winning takes strategy as much as skill. Banning and good drafts are as important as skill in most cases. The changing nodes each week keep the mode fresh and challenging.
Now to the bad part. The modders in the upper tiers make me want to stop playing. The feeling of climbing the ranks and getting close to the next tier only to face an opponent that is obviously cheating is the worst experience in the game. What makes it worse is that many of the players cheating aren’t the little accounts that are obviously created just to use mods, but are players in alliances at the top of the game. I report these instances both using the in game button and though Kabam Support, but the damage is already done. When using Elders Marks and losing to a modder, you are never getting those Marks back. The modder dmoves up the ranks, and you slip down and now have to win two times to get ahead, which in the higher tiers probably means you will face another modder in one of those matches. There are several Line chats dedicated to players that love this game mode, and the general consensus is that it is better to stop playing the last couple of days which are filled with players modding because they are trying to climb to the top and believe that there is not enough time for them to be banned before the season ends.
This has been a long post, but I want to see this game mode succeed. As a long time player, this mode has made the game exciting again. Identifying and proving a player is modding can be difficult. It was encouraging to see the post announcing that someone has been hired to help deal with the cheating. I hope that we see the results of their work in seasons to come as the modding ruins what is otherwise the best mode in the game in my opinion. Thanks for reading if you got this far

Comments

• Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    I agree with basically every thing you said!

I’d suggest adding paragraphs next time though, to make it easier to read
  • Options
    Heinz11Heinz11 Posts: 208
    Thanks. My writing skills are about as good as my; gameplay unfortunately