**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Act 5 Chapter 2

Comments

• Hopper1313Hopper1313 Posts: 30
    Mr_Chris wrote: »
    The rank up ticket equates to 5 t4b 2 alphas and 3 t4c right? Just has to be used on a 4*. I really wanted t2a and 5* awakening snd shards so I am disappointed. However if I understand the rank up ticket correctly that's a pretty cool prize.

And why, at this point in the game, would another R5 4* matter? You don't need more of them if you are able to explore such difficult content. You need more 5* champions and sig stones. The rank up ticket is completely useless. Maybe a 5* rank up ticket would be worthwhile.

Simply put, if you're at a point in the game where you are able to explore this without spending tons of potions and revives, you aren't looking to R5 another 4* because it is likely that there isn't a 4* you even care to bring to R5. At this point it is just for the prestige. You care more about 5* champions at this point in the game, which Kabam has announced a focus toward, yet they refuse to put out reasonable 5* content for players to get as rewards
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Morgan wrote: »
    care to answer HOW is even possible that the rewards for completing a much much harder 5.2 are overall WORSE than 5.1.

I don't know if they are good enough for significantly enhanced difficulty, but they aren't worse.

5.2 vs 5.1 rewards, completion:

700 5* shards vs 400 5* shards
    2x T4B vs 2x T4B
    15 T4CC fragment crystals vs 10 T4CC fragment crystals
    1500 4* shards vs 800 4* shards
    160 units vs 130 units

5.2 vs 5.1 rewards, full explore

1200 5* shards vs 600 5* shards
    1 T4CC crystal vs 1 T4CC crystal
    30 T4CC fragment crystals vs 20 T4CC fragment crystals
    15 4* signature stone crystals vs 10 4* signature stone crystals
    270 units vs 240 units
    5 generic 4* signature stones vs 1200 4* shards
    4* rank up (rank 4 to rank 5) vs basic 4* awakening gem

In every respect that allows for an apples to apples comparison, the 5.2 rewards are significantly better in quantity than the 5.1 rewards. The qualitative difference is 5.2 has generic 4* signature stones while 5.1 has 4* shards, and 5.2 has the random rank up while 5.1 has the awakening gem. I think different people would value the 4* awaken and the 4* rank up differently - given a choice I would take the rank up, but I could see someone wanting the awakening gem more - but I don't think you could make the case that the difference is so high in favor of an awakening gem that it completely swamps the fact that the 5.2 rewards are larger or better in every other case.

Whether they are good enough for the increased difficulty is hard to say, because I don't know how much harder 5.2 is ultimately going to be. But they aren't literally worse.

You're a lunatic. Getting a champion to R5 is not difficult in any way. Just requires a month of AQ. Awakening a 4* is 100x more work and 100x more luck. With the expansion of 4* champions, it is ever harder to awaken a single champion. The only situation where a R5 ticket trumps a generic awakening gem is when you have every champion awakened that requires awakening to become useful. In that case, sure. But most people have at least a few champions they have been craving to awaken (dr voodoo, ghost rider, scarlet witch, starlord, iceman, .... etc).

These rewards a complete **** joke to the general community that is able to explore such difficult content. These rewards provide absolutely ZERO enhancement to the rosters of those who are exploring this. At this point, the player has all the 4* R5 they need.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Again no t2A and no t5b, content gets harder and harder but S.O.S for rewards. Very disapointing. Those of us strong enough to play this content need 5* shards and rank up materials for 5* champs, you can keep your 4* shards and 4* awakening gems.
  • Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    It's par for the course on the Forum.

Is it also par for the course on reddit? What about youtube?

"Oh its just the players on the forums, reddit, youtube, and facebook. Everyone else is happy." LOL doesn't that sound delusional. We are representative of the general player base.
    The rewards are a complete joke and I hope Kabam takes the time to read the comments and make some changes. It is clear that the community is dissatisfied with the rewards given the difficulty of the content. Nobody gives a single **** about 4* champions when you're strong enough to fully explore this content.

My recommendation:
    Anything that says 4*, change to 5*, and then even increase the amounts
    Increase 5* shards (maybe 5000 for exploration, MINIMUM. I still think it should be more considering this is going to be the hardest content released yet apart from LOL. Chapter 4 had better rewards than this and chapter 4 is not difficult)
    Replace T4B with T2A

Kabam claims to shift focus on 5* champions. So make it happen. Quit beating around the bush and pretending that you want the community to look toward 5*s when you're only releasing 4* rewards. You want the community to think you're doing a good job? Then open your eyes and look at what we say. You guys have to pay exactly $0 to provide non-materialistic content that satisfies customers. Make it happen.
  • Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    Nebula wrote: »
    I think people need to compare act 4 and act 5 chapter rewards. The act 4 chapter rewards are almost nothing

act 4 = act 5 now huh? People rlly need to lift their heads out of their... not gonna finish but if you want to compare I suggest comparing it to rtll instead. And this is supposed to be more challenging than that.

The chapter rewards in acts are nothing compared to the final rewards. Look at Act 1 to 4. The final rewards are always much better. I don't see why act 5 should be any different. The difficulty increase is big yes, but so is the increase in rewards from act four chapter rewards to act five chapter rewards.

People are acting as though each chapter is an entire act and seem to be forgetting about the final rewards. If each chapter reward was a lot better then it would just take away from the final exploration reward.

Look at act 4. Compare the difficulty of chapters 1 and 2. Not much difference. Therefore the rewards aren't much different.

Act 5 is completely a different story. Chapter 2 will be harder that rttl. Please think about this.

Rewards must be commensurate with difficulty.

It won't take away from the final rewards. The final rewards need to be even more epic.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017

It's par for the course on the Forum.

Is it also par for the course on reddit? What about youtube?

"Oh its just the players on the forums, reddit, youtube, and facebook. Everyone else is happy." LOL doesn't that sound delusional. We are representative of the general player base.

I'm not talking about Reddit, YouTube, or Facebook. I'm talking about the Forum. I'll reserve my opinion on what takes place outside of the Forum. That is not a representation of all Players.
    To the people who keep saying look at act 4 and compare, you need to remember when act 4 released r4 5*s did not exist and full completion of act 4 opened that up with the t2as. Along the way in the chapters we picked up what we need to r5 4*s or r3 5*s. We should be seeing materials to get more 5*s to r4 in the chapters for act 5 with full act completion rewards enabling us to r5 our first 5* here if you consider what was available at the time of act 4 versus what is available now in your comparisons.
    Hopper1313 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom need you to come in and defend Kabam on these awful rewards

It's not my job to defend anything. People have been asking for more of Act 5. Now that it's coming, people are dissatisfied. It's par for the course on the Forum.
    The Rewards aren't that horrible. They're not the same as Act Completion. The number one problem is expectations. That's why I don't get my hopes up about anything that isn't confirmed. Leaves less room to be upset when it's not what I expected.
    They are capable of explaining themselves. My stance is I'm happy they're releasing more. That's what people have been asking for. No matter what they do, there will always be people not satisfied. That's about all I have to add.

The problem is that the rewards don't match what Kabam is preaching. They're preaching toward a 5* endgame focus yet providing 4* content that will become obsolete. At this point in the game, players don't care for more 4* content. It's like when you started getting 4* champions and 3* champions were obsolete. Exact same thing. This point in the game, players need more 5* champions and rewards because they have the R5 4*s that they need.

I'm happy on the announcement of more content. But the rewards a completely abysmal. They do not match the difficulty of the content and they do not match what Kabam is pushing towards.

You say no matter what they do, there will always be people not satisfied. This is a lie. If they announced extremely difficult content but provided generous rewards, people would not complain. If they stuck to their word, people would not complain. Read through the posts here and tell me how many people are legitimately satisfied with the rewards. Are there more dissatisfied customers than satisfied? If yes, then they are doing something wrong. It's that simple. There is minimal satisfaction among the community about these rewards.

These rewards ARE horrible for players who are actually exploring this content. You are in denial if you think otherwise. What is a R5 4* actually going to matter when you've explored this when you should focus on a 5* roster. What is FIVE 4* generic stones going to do for ANY champion?

The end-game content MUST focus on 5* rewards. It is stupid to think otherwise.

Is it the company that is preaching 5*'s, or the Players that consider 4*'s obsolete? Pretty sure it's the first one.
    The Rewards are more than Chapter 1. They're not going to be monumentally greater because that's the scale we've seen with other Acts. Chapters 1 and 2 aren't that much more rewarding in comparison. We have not seen the entire Act, or the Completion Rewards for that matter.
    I'm not debating whether other people should be satisfied. I'm saying the Rewards are not horrible. They're around what could be expected at that point in the Act, and that's my view. It's not my place to tell anyone else how to feel.
    It brings me back to my original thoughts. Expectation is the cause of disappointment. This is what happens when false Rewards are leaked and people get expectations up. Beyond the fake leak, there has been so much anticipation that people have a certain idea of what should be given. I remember when Chapter 1 came out. People complained it was too easy. People complained it was too hard. People complained about the Rewards. People were happy with it and wanted more. Always mixed feedback. Rarely sufficient.
    The entire idea of the Rewards being sufficient is relative to the expectations that people have on what it should be. I'm not engaging in debating that. I'm stating that they're not horrible. Other people are free to express how they feel. Either way, there were no groundbreaking Rewards in Chapter 2 of any other Act, and at one point, that was a challenge to most people.
  • CheyneedCheyneed Posts: 95

It's not my job to defend anything. People have been asking for more of Act 5. Now that it's coming, people are dissatisfied. It's par for the course on the Forum.
    The Rewards aren't that horrible. They're not the same as Act Completion. The number one problem is expectations. That's why I don't get my hopes up about anything that isn't confirmed. Leaves less room to be upset when it's not what I expected.
    They are capable of explaining themselves. My stance is I'm happy they're releasing more. That's what people have been asking for. No matter what they do, there will always be people not satisfied. That's about all I have to add.

The problem is that the rewards don't match what Kabam is preaching. They're preaching toward a 5* endgame focus yet providing 4* content that will become obsolete. At this point in the game, players don't care for more 4* content. It's like when you started getting 4* champions and 3* champions were obsolete. Exact same thing. This point in the game, players need more 5* champions and rewards because they have the R5 4*s that they need.

I'm happy on the announcement of more content. But the rewards a completely abysmal. They do not match the difficulty of the content and they do not match what Kabam is pushing towards.

You say no matter what they do, there will always be people not satisfied. This is a lie. If they announced extremely difficult content but provided generous rewards, people would not complain. If they stuck to their word, people would not complain. Read through the posts here and tell me how many people are legitimately satisfied with the rewards. Are there more dissatisfied customers than satisfied? If yes, then they are doing something wrong. It's that simple. There is minimal satisfaction among the community about these rewards.

These rewards ARE horrible for players who are actually exploring this content. You are in denial if you think otherwise. What is a R5 4* actually going to matter when you've explored this when you should focus on a 5* roster. What is FIVE 4* generic stones going to do for ANY champion?

Is it the company that is preaching 5*'s, or the Players that consider 4*'s obsolete? Pretty sure it's the first one.
    The Rewards are more than Chapter 1. They're not going to be monumentally greater because that's the scale we've seen with other Acts. Chapters 1 and 2 aren't that much more rewarding in comparison. We have not seen the entire Act, or the Completion Rewards for that matter.
    I'm not debating whether other people should be satisfied. I'm saying the Rewards are not horrible. They're around what could be expected at that point in the Act, and that's my view. It's not my place to tell anyone else how to feel.
    It brings me back to my original thoughts. Expectation is the cause of disappointment. This is what happens when false Rewards are leaked and people get expectations up. Beyond the fake leak, there has been so much anticipation that people have a certain idea of what should be given. I remember when Chapter 1 came out. People complained it was too easy. People complained it was too hard. People complained about the Rewards. People were happy with it and wanted more. Always mixed feedback. Rarely sufficient.
    The entire idea of the Rewards being sufficient is relative to the expectations that people have on what it should be. I'm not engaging in debating that. I'm stating that they're not horrible. Other people are free to express how they feel. Either way, there were no groundbreaking Rewards in Chapter 2 of any other Act, and at one point, that was a challenge to most people.

Except the other acts were released all at one time. Kabam is teasing this so that each chapter seems to be the equivalent of one of the entire previous acts. This is the backlash that should be expected after people have been waiting months for new content and new rewards to rank up their champs. This is an extreme increase in difficulty with a very little increase in rewards.

As a side note, if you could be a little more discreet about being Kabam's teacher's pet that would probably make people more amenable to some of your ideas, instead of getting hundreds of posts flagged for abuse and spam.
    Cheyneed wrote: »

Except the other acts were released all at one time. Kabam is teasing this so that each chapter seems to be the equivalent of one of the entire previous acts. This is the backlash that should be expected after people have been waiting months for new content and new rewards to rank up their champs. This is an extreme increase in difficulty with a very little increase in rewards.

As a side note, if you could be a little more discreet about being Kabam's teacher's pet that would probably make people more amenable to some of your ideas, instead of getting hundreds of posts flagged for abuse and spam.

The abuse of the Flagging Function is not the topic of this discussion. Neither is your personal attack on my comments.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    Thanks for the motivation to not worry about this.
    edited June 2017
    Either way, there were no groundbreaking Rewards in Chapter 2 of any other Act, and at one point, that was a challenge to most people.

Completely disagree on this point. Every chapter in act 4 gives an extra mastery point which to this day is still "ground breaking" considering that is the only place to get those once you are already at summoner level 60.

• Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109

Mr_Chris wrote: »
    The rank up ticket equates to 5 t4b 2 alphas and 3 t4c right? Just has to be used on a 4*. I really wanted t2a and 5* awakening snd shards so I am disappointed. However if I understand the rank up ticket correctly that's a pretty cool prize.

And why, at this point in the game, would another R5 4* matter? You don't need more of them if you are able to explore such difficult content. You need more 5* champions and sig stones. The rank up ticket is completely useless. Maybe a 5* rank up ticket would be worthwhile.

Simply put, if you're at a point in the game where you are able to explore this without spending tons of potions and revives, you aren't looking to R5 another 4* because it is likely that there isn't a 4* you even care to bring to R5. At this point it is just for the prestige. You care more about 5* champions at this point in the game, which Kabam has announced a focus toward, yet they refuse to put out reasonable 5* content for players to get as rewards

Another 5/50 4* doesn't really matter to me that much. Nor does anything short of 5* shards, awakening gems or sig stones, t2a or t5b. I'm pretty disappointed with the rewards. However I was pointing out that the value of the rank up ticket makes the rewards a good deal better. Just not for the most advanced players. I've done a single lol run but I figure there aren't more than a few thousand players who have done so.

I'd like kabam to reconsider the rewards of course but I don't think that's too likely. I'm sure the other chapters in act 5 will have what we are looking for.
  • The best way to make a point to these stingy guys is DO NOT BUY ANY OFFERS. if you keep on buying them then they will ignore you. STOP BUYING OFFERS UNTIL THEY GET YOUR POINT. Those rewards are ****.
    edited June 2017
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Either way, there were no groundbreaking Rewards in Chapter 2 of any other Act, and at one point, that was a challenge to most people.

Completely disagree on this point. Every chapter in act 4 gives an extra mastery point which to this day is still "ground breaking" considering that is the only place to get those once you are already at summoner level 60.

Well, for the moment they have a limited number of Mastery Points in the game. I would like to see more, but they've stated they have no plans of adding more at the moment. That may change.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

You obviously think the rewards are ok because you haven't fully explored trtl an 5.1, if you had you would understand why the rewards are so poor for content that's is way harder then both of them. All people are say is that rewards should scale with difficulty

The worst part about that rank up gem is kabam are specifically​ hindering progression as we could use that stuff on our 5*. There is no need to not do those items separately, if they did it would be much better an more people will be happier
  • MalMal Posts: 18

Well, for the moment they have a limited number of Mastery Points in the game. I would like to see more, but they've stated they have no plans of adding more at the moment. That may change.

Why do all your posts sound like you work for Kabam? If you do thats fine. You should just let ppl know is all. Maybe you wouldn't get so many Spam/Abuse flags...
    Mal wrote: »

Why do all your posts sound like you work for Kabam? If you do thats fine. You should just let ppl know is all. Maybe you wouldn't get so many Spam/Abuse flags...

People Flag everything I say just because they don't agree, and they don't like me. I could care less. It's just abusing the function.
    I do not work for Kabam.
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

You obviously think the rewards are ok because you haven't fully explored trtl an 5.1, if you had you would understand why the rewards are so poor for content that's is way harder then both of them. All people are say is that rewards should scale with difficulty

The worst part about that rank up gem is kabam are specifically​ hindering progression as we could use that stuff on our 5*. There is no need to not do those items separately, if they did it would be much better an more people will be happier

I've stated my thoughts. I'm not debating them.
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★

Completely missing his point
  • XamateXamate Posts: 1
    Kabam the rewards are insulting for the money we are willing to spend, lam not gonna spend a lot for a 4* awakening gem, sorry you'll have to pay your kids vacations with someone else's money.
  • CedricccCedriccc Posts: 26
    So I feel like I should voice my disapproval so kabam might do something about it

The rewards are too lousy. Please include a) 5* awakening gem b)t5 catalysts c)t2 alphas d)at LEAST half a 5* crystal e)5* sig stones
  • HAVOCHAVOC Posts: 74
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Loto @Ad0ra_

I implore you to please pass the feedback you've received from everyone here about Act5/Chp2 rewards to whomever could possibly resolve this for the MCoC community.

Kind Regards,
    H
    edited June 2017

Completely missing his point
    Not at all actually. There are only a certain number of Mastery Points in the game. I wouldn't say a Mastery Point would be groundbreaking, or even enough to be seen as adequate by those not happy. Not as much as is suggested. T5's would change the game greatly. I'm sure they'll come, but I wouldn't see it at Chapter 2. T2A's aren't so new, but a 5* Awakening Gem wouldn't exactly be a Chapter 2 Reward. That's my point. It's only Chapter 2. The Rewards increase, but it's still only Chapter 2. There is a progression with Rewards that we see in all content.
  • WhoKnowsITWhoKnowsIT Posts: 87
    If the dificulty is so much increaed...

Then why are the rewards not.. Damn kabam seriously what?!