Options

Kabam wrong that Knull and Hercules are a Peni Auto Block counters?

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,166 ★★★★★
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
In the Gorr/Valkyrie balance announcement, Kabam noted that Gorr wasn't performing as a Peni Auto Block counter as well as Hercules, Angela and Knull...:

Knull's kit says his medium attacks gain True Accuracy which ignores Auto-Block..:

Hercules' kit says that he gets True Sense after activating an SP1 which ignores Auto-Block...:

But Peni's kit says she reduces True Accuracy and True Sense ability accuracy by -100%...:

I haven't tested it yet, but is Kabam wrong in that announcement saying that Knull's medium attacks will ignore Peni's Auto-Block? Or will his True Accuracy still work because it's passive (I still struggle with understanding how Passives vs Actives work). As well wouldn't Hercules' True Sense not activate during the SP1?

Or maybe I'm not properly interpreting what they mean in their statement that Knull and Hercules are outperforming Gorr as overall Auto-block counters, not taking into account Peni who's got that special AA -100% reduction that only Gorr can actually counter over and above normal Auto-Block?

Comments

• Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    I've never tried it but based on descriptions alone, the way I read it, Knulls true accuracy should not work because of the reduction.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I think they are both separate statements. Gorr is meant to counter block. Like peni. But when looking at autoblock matches overall He fails compared to Angela, herc and knull. None of whom can counter Peni.
  • Options

I think they are both separate statements. Gorr is meant to counter block. Like peni. But when looking at autoblock matches overall He fails compared to Angela, herc and knull. None of whom can counter Peni.

Nope Gorr's supposed to go Unblockable into Auto-Blocks, not blocks:

• Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,114 ★★★★
    Kabam's statement refers to auto-block in general, not just against Peni.

BTW, Peni's abilities state that any "true" effect has their ability accuracy reduced by 100% so that means both buffs and passives
  • Options
    Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    Herc and Knull true sense and true accuracy definately don't work against Peni, so bit sure what Kabam is talking about.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,294 ★★★★
    Two statements:
    Counter in Metagame for Peni autoblock = Gorr.
    Counter for General autoblock = Cosmics like Herc, Knull.

They are saying that Gorr should work against Peni Autoblock specifically, but even in general matchups against non-Peni Autoblock he was underperforming.
  • Options
    altavista said:

Two statements:
    Counter in Metagame for Peni autoblock = Gorr.
    Counter for General autoblock = Cosmics like Herc, Knull.

They are saying that Gorr should work against Peni Autoblock specifically, but even in general matchups against non-Peni Autoblock he was underperforming.

Yeah I've re-read the statement a few times since making this post and I'm pretty sure I just misunderstood what they were trying to convey.