**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Relics - Extra points in Battle Grounds?

G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,417 ★★★★
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
So I didn’t think of taking a screenshot, but when I started a new Battle grounds match, I was greeted with a pop-up banner that advised me to use my relics in battle grounds, since it would allow me to use the strikers on attack AND ALSO grant extra points in the scoring (or something along those lines)…

I’m still undecided on what to think of that, but after using a champ with a relic on attack, I didn’t see any scoring that would take the relic into account…

Did I miss something?

Comments

• Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    I think that in general relics are supposed to make fights go faster, thus get more points
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    I hope it doesn't give more points for using them.... I'm assuming you mean in the solo and ally events?
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,417 ★★★★
    Mackey said:

I hope it doesn't give more points for using them.... I'm assuming you mean in the solo and ally events?

No, it was specifically talking about battle ground...

I think that in general relics are supposed to make fights go faster, thus get more points

This sounds plausible...
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,141 ★★★★★
    Forgive my ignorance, but can you use relics in BG? I haven’t bound any of my champs to them yet so I don’t know.
  • Dragoon81Dragoon81 Posts: 147 ★★
    edited November 2022

Forgive my ignorance, but can you use relics in BG? I haven’t bound any of my champs to them yet so I don’t know.

Yes on Attack, on Defense they are disabled. So far my experience is they don’t make it faster as it takes to long to activate Visions smoother debuff on my Nimrod.
  • GogataGogata Posts: 71
    absolutely hate relics, BG is the only good thing for me in the game, since variants and new act content is done for less than a week, hope they dont ruin BG with that stupid new thing

Mackey said:

No, it was specifically talking about battle ground...

This sounds plausible...
    Ahhh got ya 😅
    Gogata said:

absolutely hate relics, BG is the only good thing for me in the game, since variants and new act content is done for less than a week, hope they dont ruin BG with that stupid new thing

I feel the same tbh, I wasn't against relics, nor am I. I am however against them being in competitive modes, these modes should be about using your champs tactically etc giving you extra tools to help do the job isn't right imo. Is what it is though 🤷‍♂️
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,106 ★★★★
    They give you more points for the solo and alliance events as far as I'm aware. So far they haven't been a factor for the scoring during fights and I already have bound some to champions in my deck
  • They give you more points for the solo and alliance events as far as I'm aware. ..

Where ? Description for BG Solo/Ally Event Points has not been updated to include anything about Relics or Strikers.
    And I doubt that a Striker who happens to be the correct Ally Event #Tag'd champs (bonus pts) would count, because it says Draft as one of the 7 champs, and Select as Defender or Attacker.