**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

BGs matchmaking changes are out

ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,840 ★★★★★
To those who might've missed it (since I didn't see them make a post announcing it), the matchmaking changes for BGs are officially out.
If anyone finds out what it is they changed I'd love to know lol.

Comments

• ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 211 ★★★
    After each match check the war bracket of your opponents....might see something that follows a pattern....
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Out of personal curiosity, has anyone tried sandbagging since this announcement? They've said before they have fixed this (but obviously didn't) so I'm curious and of course am curious how the matchups seem to be appearing now if you have deck manipulation or Sandbagging.

Out of personal curiosity, has anyone tried sandbagging since this announcement? They've said before they have fixed this (but obviously didn't) so I'm curious and of course am curious how the matchups seem to be appearing now if you have deck manipulation or Sandbagging.

I have been running matches since they announced it. Testing different deck strengths. Each match has been equal to mine in terms of strength, BUT NOT rarity. So I am still seeing 2*'s mixed in with 6*'s I have also encountered bans being over looked. Meaning the champs I have banned they were able to select.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,413 ★★★★★

I have been running matches since they announced it. Testing different deck strengths. Each match has been equal to mine in terms of strength, BUT NOT rarity. So I am still seeing 2*'s mixed in with 6*'s I have also encountered bans being over looked. Meaning the champs I have banned they were able to select.
    Well that was pretty much the goal, I believe. No longer making it advantageous to sandbag.

Well that was pretty much the goal, I believe. No longer making it advantageous to sandbag.
    That is what you're missing. Or maybe I did not explain it. If I go in with my main deck, things are more or less equal. But the lower I go I am seeing High 6*'s mixed with 2/3 stars. Meaning its still the way it was.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,840 ★★★★★

That is what you're missing. Or maybe I did not explain it. If I go in with my main deck, things are more or less equal. But the lower I go I am seeing High 6*'s mixed with 2/3 stars. Meaning its still the way it was.
    Are you Uncollected or Cavalier? Cause if you're Thronebreaker or Paragon then that's not exactly an issue, you're sandbagging each other but not lower accounts, which was the aim of the changes.
    I am TB. Prestige of ~11-K

When I made it a point to sandbag my deck, all my 6* r3/2's and 2*'s, my first 2 matches were against UC players with prestige around ~7-K.

I let the matches play out with out interference from me. Meaning I let the AI select my bans, my defenders and attackers each round. Basically I gave my opponent a free win as I did not think it would be fair to even try because I was not looking to win just see if they had fixed it.

It's a small sample size, but if I can match with someone ~4-k prestige lower than mine something is wrong to me.

I am TB. Prestige of ~11-K

When I made it a point to sandbag my deck, all my 6* r3/2's and 2*'s, my first 2 matches were against UC players with prestige around ~7-K.

I let the matches play out with out interference from me. Meaning I let the AI select my bans, my defenders and attackers each round. Basically I gave my opponent a free win as I did not think it would be fair to even try because I was not looking to win just see if they had fixed it.

It's a small sample size, but if I can match with someone ~4-k prestige lower than mine something is wrong to me.

Hmmm did you take any screenshots? I'd like to see the difference in deck strength cause if what you're saying is true then you should definitely share it with Kabam. I'm going to try some matches tonight to see if I get matched with sandbaggers since I'm UC, I have to see for myself.
  • HuenasHuenas Posts: 5
    Herc w 19 second kill! This dude the best ever!

Why folks care about sandbagging when half the contest is bot/mod accounts? I’m sure this post will be buried in 5 min but you’re all in the matrix right now….wake up!
  • whyme_why6whyme_why6 Posts: 77

To those who might've missed it (since I didn't see them make a post announcing it), the matchmaking changes for BGs are officially out.

Ya man it is def out lol
    Huenas said:

Why folks care about sandbagging when half the contest is bot/mod accounts? I’m sure this post will be buried in 5 min but you’re all in the matrix right now….wake up!

Why? Cause modders will eventually get banned and get nothing, sandbaggers are pretty much cheating but can't get banned because it's Kabam's fault for allowing matchmaking to be exploited that way.

Ya man it is def out lol
    Are you Thronebreaker or Paragon? If you are then that isn't sandbagging cause they're getting no advantages whatsoever, they just gave you an easy win.

Huenas said:

Why? Cause modders will eventually get banned and get nothing, sandbaggers are pretty much cheating but can't get banned because it's Kabam's fault for allowing matchmaking to be exploited that way.
    So far this season i recognized 2 names of modders who also did it last season. Clearly they feel its worth continuing doing so. Makes me question what exactly happens to modders
    Honestly, from my own experience, modders are not something Kabam will ever be able to get rid of completely, hell games like Call of Duty can't do it. That's because modders and cheaters always find ways to bypass security measures and once they do, they start selling them to people. So yes, if you recognize their names they probably bought their accounts again, the real question here is what kind of idiot keeps buying accounts just to keep getting banned lol.
  • MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Posts: 130 ★★

Huenas said:

So far this season i recognized 2 names of modders who also did it last season. Clearly they feel its worth continuing doing so. Makes me question what exactly happens to modders
    Honestly, from my own experience, modders are not something Kabam will ever be able to get rid of completely, hell games like Call of Duty can't do it. That's because modders and cheaters always find ways to bypass security measures and once they do, they start selling them to people. So yes, if you recognize their names they probably bought their accounts again, the real question here is what kind of idiot keeps buying accounts just to keep getting banned lol.
    Rich trolls?
  • zrs20508zrs20508 Posts: 10
    Are the changes to make this part of the game so unplayable that enough people stop playing? If that’s the goal it’s working.
    zrs20508 said:

Are the changes to make this part of the game so unplayable that enough people stop playing? If that’s the goal it’s working.

What makes you say that?
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 986 ★★★
    I've been running a deck of 5/50 4*'s and 3/45 5*'s. I have almost exclusively been matched against sandbagging accounts. Both before and after this matchmaking change. Looking through my opponent's profiles in matchmaking history, nearly every account looks something like this:

That's usually all the titles nearly every one of these profiles have. A couple from a few years back, a few very current titles, story progression titles, and little else.

They also often have the Women's History Month titles for some odd reason.

Over the last 3 seasons I've viewed hundreds of profiles just like this.

zrs20508 said:

What makes you say that?
    Season 2 was playable. I shouldn’t be losing 6-7 matches in a row. It’s just not fun like the rest of the game has gotten. Every update or new season makes it less and less likely that this game will survive. AQ and AW were first to be ruined, the game has just become a cash grab. It’s no longer fun for semi-casual people. You shouldn’t have to sand bag matches to win. You should be able to just match up and play and win some, lose some. Kabam just has this perfect way of ruining things. 7ish years into the game for me and it’s on the same path.
  • whyme_why6whyme_why6 Posts: 77

Ya man it is def out lol
    Are you Thronebreaker or Paragon? If you are then that isn't sandbagging cause they're getting no advantages whatsoever, they just gave you an easy win.
    Im barely thronebreaker
    Yeah no I was wrong, I stand corrected.
    I got this Paragon, and I'm Uncollected lmao

• TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Posts: 337 ★★★
    I’ve lost 11 matches in a row at present. The first seven of them, I ran a deck with mostly 4r5/50, a few 5r3, and a handful of low 6r1s. Faced six sandbaggers and one reasonable match-up, and all of the sandbaggers were Paragon or Thronebreaker (I’m Cav).

Decided to switch things up and go full throttle with my top champs, and got destroyed four more times by Paragons/Thronebreakers who weren’t sandbagging but against whom I had no chance to begin with.

Between the modders and the sandbaggers, what’s the point of playing BG if you’re going to try doing it straight? You’re just going to get your teeth kicked in over and over.

I’ve lost 11 matches in a row at present. The first seven of them, I ran a deck with mostly 4r5/50, a few 5r3, and a handful of low 6r1s. Faced six sandbaggers and one reasonable match-up, and all of the sandbaggers were Paragon or Thronebreaker (I’m Cav).

Decided to switch things up and go full throttle with my top champs, and got destroyed four more times by Paragons/Thronebreakers who weren’t sandbagging but against whom I had no chance to begin with.

Between the modders and the sandbaggers, what’s the point of playing BG if you’re going to try doing it straight? You’re just going to get your teeth kicked in over and over.

Yeah no I made this post as soon as they made the announce. Played some matches not that long ago and got 7 sandbaggers with the last one being a Paragon. They didn't fix anything, I think they were just taking the piss out of us tbh.
    To anyone reading my post, just back out and keep scrolling down to the next one. This one clearly didn't age well lmao

To anyone reading my post, just back out and keep scrolling down to the next one. This one clearly didn't age well lmao

I’ll quote you. “ what makes you say that?”
    zrs20508 said:

Well, the fact that I got obliterated by 7 sandbaggers about two hours ago lol they didn't fix anything.

zrs20508 said:

Well, the fact that I got obliterated by 7 sandbaggers about two hours ago lol they didn't fix anything.
    and now you can see where we were coming from. It’s @kabam give it a year and they’ll address it once everyone forgets it.
    zrs20508 said:

zrs20508 said:

and now you can see where we were coming from. It’s @kabam give it a year and they’ll address it once everyone forgets it.
    True, it's just that I made these comments right after the "changes" were implemented so I had no idea they weren't working, now I do.
  • MrNatureMrNature Posts: 5
    I’m not sure what changed for BG match making but these were my last three matches compared to me. I had no chance. Really hoping this gets sorted really had fun last season love this game play.

Yeah no I've no idea either. They way they talked about it made it sound like they really were going to try their best to get rid of sandbagging meanwhile I'm here being Uncollected and still facing people like this guy