**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Just confirming this road to 1 million in the arena 7 day thing is only for 2*s?

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
Better start maxing up all those 2*s.

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I believe it's for 1 and 2*s
  • Ah nuts! Only 1 and 2 stars!?
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    My GAWD.
  • Mrbeast6000Mrbeast6000 Posts: 454
    I max out all my 1 and 2 stars
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    7 day arena for one and two stars. Assuming you guys didn't sell all your 1 and 2* champs like some people did, getting all the milestones should be easy in 7 days.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I feel bad for the people who sold all theirs. Thank God I still have all mine.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I have a ton of 2*s, but sadly they're all rank 1 level 10. Do you think I'll have a chance of hitting all the milestones?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It'll take longer, that's for sure.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    We’ll be upping the points awarded from 1-Star and 2-Star Champions for this special arena, and it will take approximately 500 fights to collect all of the Milestones. Not able to hit all of them? Don’t worry! The 10,000 Shards are spread among all of the Milestones. Collect what you can!
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Luckily this 2* arena is spread across 7 days, hope I have enough 2* to go thru as many rounds required to hit all the milestones.

I always wish to collect all 1*s and 2*s for collection purposes, I also regularly upgrade them bit by bit over the months, I'll priortize upgrading my 5*s and 4*s, but I'll still slowly max out all my 3*s and 2*s at slower pace, not just for SA, but also for completeness, for collection purpose.

Saw some posts from last yr recommending to better use 2* with R3 1/30 instead of max out R3 3/30 bcos using 1/30 will be matched with easier opponents, although may take more rounds due to slightly lower points, but easier to fight in each match so less tiring bcos don't need to focus too much

not sure how true, soon will find out, if it works better I'll continue to keep most of my 2*s at 1/30, if not, then not too late to max them out ...

hope everyone have good fun with this once in a blue moon 2* arena, as long as the prizes are worthwhile
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    I wonder why this restriction is not used in M.O.D.O.K.'s Lab too.

• Delta_14Delta_14 Posts: 64
    shchong2 wrote: »
    Saw some posts from last yr recommending to better use 2* with R3 1/30 instead of max out R3 3/30 bcos using 1/30 will be matched with easier opponents, although may take more rounds due to slightly lower points, but easier to fight in each match so less tiring bcos don't need to focus too much

If the arena is only for 1*/2*, then the hardest match-up possible should be a maxed out 2*. So having a roster of maxed out 2* shouldn't put you at a disadvantage- the complication comes in where you run out of maxed 2*s and have to fight with lower level ones.

This is assuming Kabam doesn't throw us a curve ball and let us fight against 3*/4*/5*
    (which- to be honest- sounds kinda fun, but I digress...)
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    They said that it should take about 500 fights, which means 167 series. That's 25 series a day. If you have 12 maxed out 2*, you should be fine playing all of them 6 or 7 times a day. If you have 24 maxed out 2*s, then you only need to play them 3 or 4 times a day.

If you're level 60, then the PIs for your champs will be higher, which means you'll have to do less than 500 fights.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    shchong2 wrote: »

Found the post....
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/3z05yp/how_to_achieve_the_infinite_streak_in_2_star_arena/

Wonder have anyone seen this and tried this before? :smiley:
    not sure why the post keep mentioniong 3/1, instead of max 3/30? ....

How to achieve The infinite streak in 2 star arena?

knightzeemo 1 year ago

Easy way:-
    1) No sandbag doesnt worth it not to many difference.
    2) Play low PI champ till streak 5 ( x3 multiplier).
    3) Level preferred heroes to 3/1 to be safe and it does make it easy fighting 3/30.
    4) From streak 8-15 only use 3/1 teams.
    5) 15++ streaks ( this is the infinite streak )
    6) A must have masteries for 3* arena ( Evade and Salve)

Keep on using 3/1 team in infinite streak,you can use 2/10 or 2/20 but it will be slightly risky. As I have tried some combinations and end up being matched with max 2*.

*copied from another post
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Isn't the arena Sunday right?
  • Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    7 day arena for one and two stars. Assuming you guys didn't sell all your 1 and 2* champs like some people did, getting all the milestones should be easy in 7 days.

I don’t sell any champs at all but I only maxed out 2 2*
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited December 2017
    I have 28 maxed 2*. while the rest (23) are at r2. i am glad i did not sell my 2* and ranked them up.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I have 48 maxed 2* and 1 at rank 2 and 6 maxed 1*
    Should be ok