**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Would you install EasyAntiCheat or another app to be allowed to Participate in BG? [dev insight]

2»

Comments

• kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 217 ★★
    I get that it takes time to ban people but at the same time, look at the GC leaderboard, top 10. Look at the levels or even the number or champs.
    Those are very recent accounts, one is even lvl 38...
    I'm not saying they're cheaters but man that looks really suspicious.
    So you have those guys, plus the sandbaggers that you continue to face and the unbalanced matchups...
    If you take all of that in consideration, players have the right to be more and more frustrated.
    Losing a battle because of that is extremely discouraging.

So, back to those guys on the leaderboard, when it's so visible why don't you just ban them, remove them from leaderboard and deal with their points later?
    At least it would give a sense of "we do something" to the player base (even though I know you guys are doing something...)
  • DogfoodLidDogfoodLid Posts: 130
    I barely want to install this game. If it required third party software i would probably just quit. Relics and 7* are pushing me towards that anyway. I should say i dont do bg in any kinda competitive way. Maybe put up.50-100k if im bored

Maybe id install it if needed for bases
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    When 'Brian Grant ' was 'Banned' , was there any actual 'ban' as such or just a prompt that popped up when he logged in?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

I like this idea! However, regardless of how many people would be willing to install additional software, we'd inevitably lose a large percentage of people who were not. We love our massively dedicated Summoners, but MCOC still needs to be casual-Summoner-friendly, as we love them too.

let me just say: I appreciate that you're taking the time to brainstorm and present new ideas and solutions, as opposed to being swept up in a never ending storm of frustration with the modder situation.

I think conversations like these go a long way toward providing context for how complex this issue is. It's an issue without a simple solution, and is something without a lot of visual evidence for you all; I know that can be frustrating.

Every time I address the topic of modding/cheating, I want to reassure everyone that this is being worked on consistently behind the scenes. The nature of the beast is that not a lot of the changes are visually apparent, and it's not always as quick as the snap of the fingers. We are working on ways to provide more meaningful information about actions taken throughout, and at the end of, BG seasons.

7 day bans is not helping much though.
    They are back in a week doing the same.
  • CytaCyta Posts: 101

They had to be back coz of sales...probably will happen again for xmas...hopefully from January we`ll see some proper 30days/perma bans
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Cyta said:

They had to be back coz of sales...probably will happen again for xmas...hopefully from January we`ll see some proper 30days/perma bans
    Careful, your tinfoil is showing.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

I get that it takes time to ban people but at the same time, look at the GC leaderboard, top 10. Look at the levels or even the number or champs.
    Those are very recent accounts, one is even lvl 38...
    I'm not saying they're cheaters but man that looks really suspicious.
    So you have those guys, plus the sandbaggers that you continue to face and the unbalanced matchups...
    If you take all of that in consideration, players have the right to be more and more frustrated.
    Losing a battle because of that is extremely discouraging.

So, back to those guys on the leaderboard, when it's so visible why don't you just ban them, remove them from leaderboard and deal with their points later?
    At least it would give a sense of "we do something" to the player base (even though I know you guys are doing something...)

This is a big part of the issue to. If a guy is first on the Leaderboard and is an obvious cheater, he's also clearly the most egregious case of cheating i.e. has won the most matches via cheating. If multiple people are reporting the same user, are those all showing up as independent reports or do they get merged together. I feel like the accounts with the most quantity of reports against them should be the ones getting investigated and actioned first, not just the order each report was sent in.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022

When 'Brian Grant ' was 'Banned' , was there any actual 'ban' as such or just a prompt that popped up when he logged in?

It was a prompt and more specifically it was done with a ton of advanced notice because he was announcing for the longest time when he was expecting to become paragon and the strategy he was planning to use. People act like they did the whole thing in 5 minutes when in reality, they had days, if not weeks to prepare
  • K00shMaan said:

Kabam Jax said:

We are working on developing further tech to streamline the process, but as it stands, the priority is ensuring players get accurate rewards and modders get none. Therefore, the leaderboard purge, as we call it, is the very last step.

Hi Jax, this is the line in your post that concerns me the most. I don't think I'm in the minority when I say that this isn't the priority. The priority is removing the ability for the offending party to participate in Battlegrounds as soon as possible. ...
    You're right, and I should clarify. I was referring to the priority between stripping rewards vs. visually removing them from the leaderboard. The first step is still to ban. It is done intermittently throughout the season and then much more thoroughly at the end of the season.

... when it's so visible why don't you just ban them, remove them from leaderboard and deal with their points later?

It comes back to the point I made on priority. Cheaters are being combed through in order. However, we have had discussions about adjusting priority for high profile bans. In theory, it would be a more visible change for the community to see that action is being taken and a case can be made that they've had a larger impact on the battlerealm. It's all a process that is constantly being evaluated and altered.
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    Listen... while I'm all for tracking and banning all the cheaters, the last thing we need is MCOC to have something like that. Why? Would you really want to have dropped inputs again? Bad performance? Anti cheating software typically has that issue, or it might just be Denuvo I'm thinking of, but either way, I really hope they don't take that risk. Take it from a "jack of all trades" game player(pc, console, and mobile), I've seen games broken because of anti cheating software. At the end of the day, all it does is hurt honest players.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

BigBlueOx said:

Definitely appreciate the check in, would it be out of bounds to inquire about why cleaning modders from the leader board is so complex? Some of these modders are so unabashed that they claim they are doing it in their user names, it just seems not only bad for the players but even worse for Kabam that

I can touch on it, a bit, yeah.

So, the issue can be massively oversimplified into two distinct areas to illustrate what's happening.

Firstly, the specific tech being used to remove modders does all tasks one at a time. After investigating a claim, when we decide to remove a modder... we have to issue an account ban, zero out their leaderboard points and remove their contributions to solo and alliance quests and then remove them visually from the leaderboard. The tech doesn't do all of this at once, so we have people working hard to do each individual task. We are working on developing further tech to streamline the process, but as it stands, the priority is ensuring players get accurate rewards and modders get none. Therefore, the leaderboard purge, as we call it, is the very last step.

The second is an issue of perspective. We all understand the frustration from encountering a modder. Say you match up against a modder, you get angry, you post their account in the forum and it get's taken down. Now you think nothing is being done about it and you check the next couple days to see they're still a live account, and now you're double angry, right? Makes sense.

But that's not how it works.

The team is going through in-game reports in the order they're received. Posting something somewhere outside of the queue, doesn't give it a higher priority than the reports already received. Just because one cheater is more egregious than another, doesn't make them a higher priority either. They get added to the (long) list just the same as everyone else. The turn around time feels long, because it is, and that's when people most feel like "nothing is being done," but it does not indicate it's not being taken seriously, or that people aren't actively working on it.
    This is all nice but you are only putting the "Anger" factor as a deterrent... What about elder marks wasted over and over due to this modders?.. thats units wasted and the longer they stay active more units going into a sinkhole
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

K00shMaan said:

Kabam Jax said:

We are working on developing further tech to streamline the process, but as it stands, the priority is ensuring players get accurate rewards and modders get none. Therefore, the leaderboard purge, as we call it, is the very last step.

Hi Jax, this is the line in your post that concerns me the most. I don't think I'm in the minority when I say that this isn't the priority. The priority is removing the ability for the offending party to participate in Battlegrounds as soon as possible. ...
    You're right, and I should clarify. I was referring to the priority between stripping rewards vs. visually removing them from the leaderboard. The first step is still to ban. It is done intermittently throughout the season and then much more thoroughly at the end of the season.

... when it's so visible why don't you just ban them, remove them from leaderboard and deal with their points later?

It comes back to the point I made on priority. Cheaters are being combed through in order. However, we have had discussions about adjusting priority for high profile bans. In theory, it would be a more visible change for the community to see that action is being taken and a case can be made that they've had a larger impact on the battlerealm. It's all a process that is constantly being evaluated and altered.
    Love the details coming out on this, but my biggest concern is how hesitant kabam seems to be with permabans. I don't know exactly how the banning process works, but in any other game I've played, cheating has always resulted in an immediate permaban, with temporary bans more reserved for behavioral infractions. Could you give some insight on why this isn't the case with mcoc? This doesn't even need to be IP/device bans, just the account. You're free to make a new account and start over, but if you cheat on an account you lose it permanently.