**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Champions for 2023

BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
edited December 2022 in General Discussion
I think we can say there is great potential for the champions coming into the contest next year.

January - Pyro and another mutant (Possibly two mutants as that has been the trend for the last two years)
February - Stature, Iron Lad or Patriot
March - Abigail Brand, Baron Zemo
April - Sandman , Lizard or Hobgoblin
May - Adam Warlock, High Evolutionary
June -
July - Monica Rambeua, Echo
August - Summoner's Choice, 2099 character
September - Absorbing Man
October - Werewolf (from Werewolf by night)
November -
December - Agatha or Clea

2023 is still some days away, but let the fun of making predictions begin! :)

Comments

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,780 ★★★★★
    Swap February and march.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Swap February and march.

Is this preference or is there another reason? Just curious.

• Options
    You have two characters related ant man/kang. The 3rd movie is in March. We're obviously gonna get characters from that movie in March lol.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Wasn't January supposed to have two characters from Masters of Evil? Also, only two mutants the whole year?

...and two of them have to be Forge and Banshee.
  • Options
    Actually Ant-Man comes out in February per the official trailer

Though I see what you mean.

I think Stature makes sense as we have gotten Young Avenger characters in the game and Iron Lad is a guess as we already have Kang, Ant-man, Wasp, and M.O.D.O.K..
  • Options
    edited December 2022

I think Stature makes sense as we have gotten Young Avenger characters in the game and Iron Lad is a guess as we already have Kang, Ant-man, Wasp, and M.O.D.O.K..

Yea I dont think they'd wanna spoil anything but then again never know. I see stature as almost a gimme. Could be we get a mcu version of modok though. He's gonna look totally different than what we're used to. Iron lad could work but thats kinda like saying here's another Iron man variant. People will lose thier minds lol.
  • Options
    Searmenis said:

Wasn't January supposed to have two characters from Masters of Evil? Also, only two mutants the whole year?

Curious are you serious about January having two characters from the Masters of Evil? If you are serious where did you hear this from?

If it true we get two characters from the Masters of Evil I'm guessing Baron Zemo & for the second member Enchantress, The Executioner, or Klaw.

• Options
    Buttehrs said:

Yea I dont think they'd wanna spoil anything but then again never know. I see stature as almost a gimme. Could be we get a mcu version of modok though. He's gonna look totally different than what we're used to. Iron lad could work but thats kinda like saying here's another Iron man variant. People will lose thier minds lol.
    I understand Iron Man and Spider-Man do have the most variants in the game I believe.
  • Options

Searmenis said:

Curious are you serious about January having two characters from the Masters of Evil? If you are serious where did you hear this from?

If it true we get two characters from the Masters of Evil I'm guessing Baron Zemo & for the second member Enchantress, The Executioner, or Klaw.

Watch the newest Inside the Contest video, it is announced there. ;)

Baron Zemo is a no, since he was in last year s Summoner s choice. But Enchantress and Klaw will be two great additions!
    Although, my vote goes to Absorbing Man, with a great Titania synergy!
  • Options
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Baron Zemo is a no, since he was in last year s Summoner s choice. But Enchantress and Klaw will be two great additions!
    So who do think will fill in the spot for the synergy Horrible Bosses that Titania has? Currently it is Dr. Doom, The Hood, and a question mark.
  • Options

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

So who do think will fill in the spot for the synergy Horrible Bosses that Titania has? Currently it is Dr. Doom, The Hood, and a question mark.
    Maybe Serpent? (Fear Itself storyline). It could be Baron Zemo as well, but not in the near future, there s no rule when the question marks will get revealed.
  • Options
    firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    The other mutant could be:
    - Mystique
    - Forge
    - Blob
    - Sunfire
    - Dark Phoenix
    - Polaris
    - Angel
  • Options
    Matthew950Matthew950 Posts: 155
    BRB ?
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Absorbing Man is a master of evil and fits the fear itself synergy that attuma has, so he’d fit for January. Maybe they’ll do another story road map for next year?
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 415 ★★★★

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Possibly the Beyonder since he gave her powers
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Im expecting

Mut: Banshee, Pyro, Mystique, Polaris
    Skill: Baron Zemo, Kate Bishop, Bullseye, Echo
    Sci: Stature, Absorbing Man, Sandman, Graviton
    Mys: Mogan Le Fay, Clea, Enchantress, Moondragon
    Cos: Adam Warlock, Beta Ray Bill, Crystal, Maximus
    Tech: Ironheart, Rescue, Shocker, White Vision

• Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    Hopefully next year the buff program shines and we get buffs for some of the highly requested characters (sentry, doc strange, groot, etc)
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,814 ★★★★★
    Looking at Cassie's costume in the legacy trailer from the weekend, I think she's going to be Stinger, not Stature.

Anyone not listing Monica Rambeau/Photon is misguided. I think she's inevitable for The Marvels.
  • Options
    PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Posts: 334 ★★★
    I wanna see one of my favourite villains the sandman.
  • Options

I think we can say there is great potential for the champions coming into the contest next year.

January - Pyro and another mutant (Possibly two mutants as that has been the trend for the last two years)
    June -
    November -

Wanting to update quickly after looking over the MCU movie schedule, Disney plus show schedule, look at mystery synergies, and some videos (Inside the Contest (for my fifth or sixth time) and some videos from Jay Axe). Not to mention some of the comments I've read through on the thread in response to my original post got my gears turning.

January - Absorbing Man, Baron Zemo
    February - Stature (or Stinger), Iron Lad, or Patriot
    March - Abigail Brand, Monica,
    April - Sandman, Lizard, or Hobgoblin, Silk
    June - Echo, Kate Bishop
    July - Monica Rambeua,
    August - Summoner's Choice, 2099 Character
    September - Pyro, Polaris
    October - Werewolf (from Werewolf by night), Nightmare
    November - Ironheart
    December - Agatha
  • Options
    Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Posts: 422 ★★★
    this needs to be added

• Options
    @Marostrange2005 that would certainly be a pricey champion.
  • Options
    Boss_Starling_217_Boss_Starling_217_ Posts: 204 ★★
    #Morbiusfor2023.
  • Options
    Boss_Starling_217_Boss_Starling_217_ Posts: 204 ★★
    #Morbiusfor2023.

Do we have a mutant spider man? If not , expect one.

Most likely Man-Spider.
  • Options

June -
    November -

Wanting to update quickly after looking over the MCU movie schedule, Disney plus show schedule, look at mystery synergies, and some videos (Inside the Contest (for my fifth or sixth time) and some videos from Jay Axe). Not to mention some of the comments I've read through on the thread in response to my original post got my gears turning.

March - Abigail Brand, Monica,
    June - Echo, Kate Bishop
    July - Monica Rambeua,
    November - Ironheart
    December - Agatha
    Realized a typo,
    March - Abigail Brand, Monica should be
    March - Abigail Brand
  • Options
    shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
    I would do Agatha & Monica Rambeau in January, because it would be on the 2-year anniversary of WandaVision.
    Stature/Stinger and Iron Lad in Febuary sounds good, though adding IL may make other Nathaniel Richards variants necessary.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,814 ★★★★★
    I think Agatha will be next December because I'm pretty sure that's when Agatha: Coven of Chaos debuts on D+
  • Options
    I've made an update of a possible champion for March that would fit on the state of the battlerealm map in the section Department H.

March - Abigail Brand, Aurora (Northstar)
    June - Echo, Kate Bishop
    July - Monica Rambeua,
    November - Ironheart
    December – Agatha
  • Options
    May – Wong & Rintrah (Temple of Vishanti)
    June – Hulkling & Wiccan (New Avengers)
    July – Valkyrie & Gorr (The Nine Realms)
    Aug – Galan & Quicksilver (Galan is New Taa) (Quicksilver is Avenger’s Space)
    Sept – Titania & Iron Man (Infamous) (Titania is Latveria)(Iron Man Infamous is one of the questions above Latveria)
    Oct – Spider-Man (Supreme) & Spot (Spider Man Supreme in Spider-Verse)(Spot is in Sinister Lands)
    Nov – Shuri & Attuma (Shuri in Kingdom of Wakanda & Attuma in Oceanic Cascade)
    Dec – Mantis (in King Groot’s Kingdom)

Curious, would you all agree this is where those champions which came out in May 2022 - December 2022 fit in these spots within the State of Battlerealm Map?

Feel free to give me your thoughts.