**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should I stop ranking up 5 stars?

PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
As of now I am Thronebreaker who has reached Act 7.4... I find 5 stars still useful but with 6 stars more readily available should I focus more on ranking up 6 stars? And when should I stop ranking up 5 stars? I of course focus more on 6 stars but I rank up really good 5 stars as well. Feel free to share your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,261 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Depends for me. I'm always Ranking some thing or another. I don't really swear off any Rarity. My priorities change, though. Just took iDoom to R5 because he's new and I can Sig 200 a lot faster.
  • Options
    Ortoun said:

I'm in a similar situation to you and I only rank 5 stars if they fill a specific need that I don't have covered with a 6 star, require high sig to be useful, or I have rank up gems or materials expiring and they fulfill some other need like synergy team members.

Quite a dilemma to be in @Ortoun I agree with everything you said I ranked up Guardian and Apoc for synergy purposes plus they deal with many annoying stuff in the game. As for 6 stars I would take up ones that don't need awakening first.
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Depends for me. I'm always Ranking some thing or another. I don't really swear off any Rarity. My priorities change, though. Just took iDoom to R5 because he's new and I can Sig 200 a lot faster.

I see your point @GroundedWisdom I feel the same I do rank up lower rarities on occasion for an easier arena grinding. As for IDoom don't know much about him but he can be a troublesome defender even with Magnetos. I fought him a few times in incursions and got steamrolled.
  • Options
    Johnson374Johnson374 Posts: 30
    ... if you in for along haul, focus on 6*.

If you have doubt on still playing in a year (or two) - then r5 those that could help with harder contents
  • Options

... if you in for along haul, focus on 6*.

If you have doubt on still playing in a year (or two) - then r5 those that could help with harder contents

I'll be here for a while @Johnson only mixed feelings I have now is regarding relics
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Battlegrounds has pushed me to really look at this issue, not because I don’t like or want to use 5-stars anymore, but because at some point, math is math: In a timed event where health pools matter, a Rank 3 6-star has more health and Adrenaline available.

Plus, the big one for me: Gold. If I was just clearing lanes in EQ and side quests, not a huge concern. But if I am trying to be even mildly competitive in Battlegrounds, I need to be clear-minded about where I am using gold
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,538 ★★★★★
    I've got tons of resources so I can fully rank up a 5 without thinking about it - and I will every few months, for EOP or a BG defender. But I see you don't have much so I would be conservative and focus on 6s.
  • Options
    ESF said:

Battlegrounds has pushed me to really look at this issue, not because I don’t like or want to use 5-stars anymore, but because at some point, math is math: In a timed event where health pools matter, a Rank 3 6-star has more health and Adrenaline available.

Plus, the big one for me: Gold. If I was just clearing lanes in EQ and side quests, not a huge concern. But if I am trying to be even mildly competitive in Battlegrounds, I need to be clear-minded about where I am using gold

Yes 6 stars really consume a lot of gold @ESF plus this question came to me due to Battlegrounds as well. I ran into so many elephant sized rosters so this does need some thought.
  • Options

I've got tons of resources so I can fully rank up a 5 without thinking about it - and I will every few months, for EOP or a BG defender. But I see you don't have much so I would be conservative and focus on 6s.

Yes that is correct gold have been the main issue for me even with lot of arena grinding, incursions and eqs I do require lot of gold for 6 stars. I do bring up really good 5 stars as well at times but thats far and few once i reached thronebreaker. @ReignkingTW
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

ESF said:

Yes 6 stars really consume a lot of gold @ESF plus this question came to me due to Battlegrounds as well. I ran into so many elephant sized rosters so this does need some thought.
    Some dude hit me with at least an R3, maybe an R4, Sasquatch a few days ago. That was when I sat back and said, “OK. This is fun, but you gotta look at this again.”
  • Options
    ESF said:

ESF said:

Battlegrounds has pushed me to really look at this issue, not because I don’t like or want to use 5-stars anymore, but because at some point, math is math: In a timed event where health pools matter, a Rank 3 6-star has more health

Some dude hit me with at least an R3, maybe an R4, Sasquatch a few days ago. That was when I sat back and said, “OK. This is fun, but you gotta look at this again.”
    I agree @ESF he is such a beefy defender chances of timeouts are high and i unfortunately didn't have torch due to being banned so I now ban Sasquatch lol