The Hood's Infinite Invisibility is bugged

KingJmxKingJmx Member Posts: 19
edited December 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
Dear Kabam,

Thank you for fixing the dashback ability. However we are disappointed to discover that this fix/ new update brought us a far more worse bug. The Hood's manual Invisibility during Infinite Invisibility does not work anymore. We are deeply sad this new update killed the Infinite Invisibility (worst bug). Attached is a link video of me showing this bug in alliance war today. Sorry I tried to upload files but all formats are invalid hence I did an unlisted video oj Youtube.

This bug will impact a lot of alliances who are using The Hood in alliance war especially against the final boss Unsteady Ground Knull.

If you need help don't hesitate to reach out to me since I am knowledgeable with The Hood's mechanic.

We are expecting a fix on this as soon as possible. Damage is done, a compensation will be appreciate, if any.

https://youtu.be/U51_JkNp56s
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• ThisISROYThisISROY Member Posts: 4
    Yes True....lots of Hood user is facing the same....Kabam please look into this
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★
    Honest question. Is infinite invisibility an intended feature or a bug like the simultaneous Mole Man frenzy + true accuracy that they phased out a few months back?
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

Honest question. Is infinite invisibility an intended feature or a bug like the simultaneous Mole Man frenzy + true accuracy that they phased out a few months back?

Probably a bug
  • KingJmxKingJmx Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2022
    Dukenpuke said:

There is no name for this feature that's why the community gave it a name the "Infinite Invisibility" but the truth is it should be called the Infinite Miss since the true purpose for this feature is to maintain guaranted miss.. We all know Hood's miss aren't the same with Kitty and Ghost, it is a diminishing ability that the user cannot utilize 100% unless they learn the Infinite Miss (Invisibility). In order to live up to his monicker the "Mystical master of miss" which Kabam gave m, the hood must utilize this feature, it is tied to his identity.

This feature is not simple as dashing forward or backwards, you really need timing, keeping an eye to the icons, your hexes and counting your misses. Simply put it is ultra high skilled required (Very hard to execute). This is what separate Hood from Kitty and Ghost, The Hood utilizes misses hence the creators called it "Invisibility" and not "Phasing" for a reason. Invisibility is for hit misses while Phasing is for tanking hits intentionally without taking any damage.

At the moment this feature is still working thru Special attack 2, the only thing that is bugged is the dashback ability. We thank Kabam for fixing the dashback ability but we are sad to report it is not entirely fix.

We are hoping a fix is coming the soonest possible.

Thank you.
  • AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Member Posts: 388 ★★★
    edited December 2022

Dukenpuke said:

Probably a bug
    As I've mentioned in a prior post, the sp2 invisibility DOES NOT have a cooldown but the dash back invisibility does, so activating invisibility with the dash back and then replacing it with the sp2 invisibility triggers a 6-second cooldown as the dash back invisibility, in essence, ends. Because of this, you can loop invisibilities, as when this 6-second cooldown ends, you still have your sp2 invisibility but can ALSO retrigger the dash back invisibility, as there is no cd.
    We have two alternating Invisibility buffs, bith with timer and a cool down. You can see visually move like a clock its very easy to spot. Here's the thing you can actually do the Infinite Miss/Invisibility manually which means there is a timer and cool down for both. This is exactly what I emphasize on my Hood Supremacy Guide the trick on delaying the cool down timer by not moving sideways.
    edited December 2022

Dukenpuke said:

Probably a bug
    As I've mentioned in a prior post, the sp2 invisibility DOES NOT have a cooldown but the dash back invisibility does, so activating invisibility with the dash back and then replacing it with the sp2 invisibility triggers a 6-second cooldown as the dash back invisibility, in essence, ends. Because of this, you can loop invisibilities, as when this 6-second cooldown ends, you still have your sp2 invisibility but can ALSO retrigger the dash back invisibility, as there is no cd.
    I agree for the purpose of entering and keeping up the Infinite Miss/Invisibility the Special Attack 2 does not need a cool down you can simply fire it any time you want. This all in his ability description. This is not a bug.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    They are going to tell you it was never intended for the cooldown to trigger until after the invisibility buff ends and he can’t replace the dash back buff with another dash back buff. Just sayin.

They are going to tell you it was never intended for the cooldown to trigger until after the invisibility buff ends and he can’t replace the dash back buff with another dash back buff. Just sayin.

If that's the case they'd be refuting a feature that they actually provided in the Hood's ability description. It isn't even a bug.

Like I said previously its a diminishing ability it is not 100% miss it can fell off quickly. There is a reason why the creators made this feature for the Hood to allow him to loop Invisibility to gain more guaranteed miss.
  • GuardianangelGuardianangel Member Posts: 1
    get the bug fixed asap . we love playing with hood .

If they did this, it would be pretty stupid. First, they tell us to thoroughly read the champion's abilities to make sure that the champion is working as intended, or it's our fault for ranking up bugged champions. But now we can't even trust the champion abilities anymore, and whether a champion is working as intended is only up to Kabam - not the champion's description, nor their gameplay.

Kabam wants the miss to be reliable that's why they made the Infinite Miss feature available. They literally said the "With the hood's update he has his Miss more consistenly".

When they said "An upgrade to his miss" it means looping the Invisibility buffs to gain more gauranteed miss, they are referring to the Infinite Miss here.

Also, they said "If used correctly" which means it is NOT simply dashing back and hold block or using Special 2s it's about using it correctly by combining the two (dashback ability and Sp2s) which they also mentioned in Dev's note saying "Pair this with the Special 2 to have consistent uptime on the Invisibility". Consistent uptime can only be achieve with Infinite Miss. With the New update preventing us from combining the two there is no more consistent uptime on hood's invisibility. I want to give emphasize and go back to wherre they said "If used correctly" because the Infinite Miss feature is not easy to execute. Truth is besides me I only know one person who can do the Infinite Miss consistently, that's like 1% of the whole MCOC community and this feature been existing for over two years. How selfish it is to take it away and never give the community a chance to learn it. I am just doing my part to share my knowledge and experience for the good of the game and the community, it isn't even a bug why take it away.

It is not a bug, it is not a broken feature (Not a cheat code), it is ultra high skilled requured (only two people knows how to do it based on my knowledge), and it was intended by the creators and the dev. The community deserves it and its good for the game.

Look, good if my take is wrong but I don’t think it is due to the description and past function, combined with his abilities being muddled in his multiple reworks and finally what you are seeing in his cooldown today.

The talk about upgrades to miss consistency needs to be in context of what his old abilities were, which was a percent chance to miss unable to exceed 90% (45%contact, 90% projectile). In the past you couldn’t guarantee he would miss anything, now you can (sans bugs) which is why it is described as more consistent.
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Member Posts: 210 ★★
    What’s really needed is an official statement from Kabam.

Look, good if my take is wrong but I don’t think it is due to the description and past function, combined with his abilities being muddled in his multiple reworks and finally what you are seeing in his cooldown today.

The talk about upgrades to miss consistency needs to be in context of what his old abilities were, which was a percent chance to miss unable to exceed 90% (45%contact, 90% projectile). In the past you couldn’t guarantee he would miss anything, now you can (sans bugs) which is why it is described as more consistent.

The Hood's Invisibility is a diminishing ability and it's not even an RNG (It's horrifying to see your miss continually fail as the fight progress). The Devs wants more consistent miss and uptime for his invisibility (those two are tied together), this the reason why The Hood has been subject to multiple reworks, and now they finally made a fine recipe but it's a difficult one to pull off. It was clear on the Dev's note that it was their intention to pair the dashback and Special 2s which lead us to Infinite Miss feature. The new update has a bug that prevents the pairing of the dashback and Special 2s which clearly in contradiction to what they intend it to be.

Yeah I agree with you at least the present Hood can guarante his miss compared to his old versions.
    It’s clear they intended the dash back invisibility buff to not replace existing buffs by giving it a cooldown.

It wasn’t clear at all they intended to have infinite uptime on the invisibility buff under any circumstance, you can continue to attempt shoehorn it to be so but that’s just forced wishful thinking. You can continue to read things that are not there also but that is fiction. If they intended hood to have that they would have explicitly said so.

It’s clear they intended the dash back invisibility buff to not replace existing buffs by giving it a cooldown.

It wasn’t clear at all they intended to have infinite uptime on the invisibility buff under any circumstance, you can continue to attempt shoehorn it to be so but that’s just forced wishful thinking. You can continue to read things that are not there also but that is fiction. If they intended hood to have that they would have explicitly said so.

There is a cool down on both Invisibility buffs. There are instances when you only see a single buff because the other one already expire or is at cool down then you can trigger it again to continue the process. I call it delaying the cool down timer but its actually letting the cool down expire until it allows you to reactivate.

The thing about kabam is they aren't perfect with their wordings. We've seen so many errors in the past (we can't turn blind on this one, its ugly), this is why you can't say they did not intend it since the abilities taken together suggest they actually intend the Infinite Miss (dashback and Sp2 co-existing).

If not with the Infinite Miss feature the whole idea of trying get a consistent miss and uptime for invisibility (multiple reworks) crumbles down to nothing. The mechanic is irreversible in a way that you need the dashback ability to trigger Invsibility, you cannot shut it off while in Infinite Invisibility unless they explicitly said so in their notes. What they said is they're fixing the dashback ability nothing more nothing less.
  • vernondesousavernondesousa Member Posts: 21
    In the post the Spotlight details are highlighted. And it clearly says the invisibility lasts for 8 seconds, and the cool down is 6 Seconds. And the champion spotlight MENTIONS to chain THE INVISIBILITY with your SP2 to have CONSISTENT invisibility. That means you have 2 seconds to react and chain the 2x invisibility mechanics (the SP2 invisibility AND the manual dash back invisibility). The one is PART of the SP2 and the other is a manual trigger so they are 2x parts, not 1. This was the intention and design and now it's broken. Simple, revert the changes, go back to the drawing board, and then begin again. This was YOUR INTENTION and description. We didn't make this up
  • _D3aThY__D3aThY_ Member Posts: 9
    I have invested too much in hood and he is r4 for me , this needs to be seriously addressed. This is unfair and really disappointing. This needs a rank down tickets for hood or a serious fix to meet kabam’s commitment of the feature as documented
  • vernondesousavernondesousa Member Posts: 21

Did you have a look at this post? The wording of the Character Spotlight? The description of the mechanics and activation?

Let's not forget that Hood has not been In-game for a month or 2, but for YEARS. And the fix was for the dashback... And suddenly he is totally out of sync. THAT is the point. The argument you are all trying to shove down the Original posters' throat is that this was the original design or interpretation... And it simply isn't so. Feelings and personal thoughts are allowed and encouraged, but we can't assume what Kabam intended (we also know they don't give a single #& to the player bases' opinion like with every previous rank down character) they would simply pull a champs stats or mechanics down and say that's that.

The point is they were going to the shops to get milk (fix the dashback mechanic for some users/devices) and they came back with cheese (it triggers but works DIFFERENTLY than before) ... Yes its made from milk... But it won't stir in my coffee.

And all the OP wants is some acknowledgement and a fix. Not a rebalance and beta testing of a new champ and feedback... Just revert and correct the dashback.
    Yup, we do not need to assume anything, His abilities clearly state that invisible has a cooldown when it ends and the only way to subvert that is by launching an s2. Everything being interpreted beyond that is grasping at straws.
    edited December 2022
    This should at the very least be addressed. It was the main reason I ranked him up over better mystic champs.
  • DarthMysticDarthMystic Member Posts: 63
    Let's hope they at least acknowledge and take a look at this thread. This is a pretty large change to how Hood has performed since his buff. It changes gameplay quite a bit from what had become the norm for people who use him extensively.
This discussion has been closed.