**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How much trouble am I in - Abyss?

willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,165 ★★★★★
edited December 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I’m not the greatest player, so let’s get that out of the way.

I just finished Omega Red and Thing. I’ve spent 19 revives ramping up Aegon to 999. I have boosts of all kinds in overflow. Should I continue, or back out if I already had to use 19 revives on two fights? No one in my alliance has done it yet so there’s no input from them.

Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Honestly I'm not too sure but I wouldn't say you're doing the best. I was able tk get through those first two fights with around 25 revives AND I was using a 4*. Honestly, I wouldn't even recommend doing Abyss for more players but if you really want to push for it be sure to have boosts active and just focus

Good luck sir :)
  • Options
    FisefarFisefar Posts: 83
    19 revives n 50 in overflow...
    Should be ok.
    If u bail out I would say dump Ægon n bring Kingpin with synergies + someone who put slow for that Colossus on the "ez" path.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Bail.

You can refarm the revives in 3.4.6, halls of healing are on too and if you are running aegon, then Heimdall is THE most important to run with him.

I'd probably ditch Nick; if I'd re-run mine, I'd have taken prox and odin (if he had existed at that point!) or another fury buff damage boost synergy. You'll probably die a few times fighting IW with Nick anyway and it's the only fight he's useful for. The rest of the time, he's just dead for the attack boost.

Two guides here for you with similarly painful ramp ups on thing..

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/253401/abyss-stared-back-the-average-joe-story#latest

What boosts are in overflow? You need revives or units to get through abyss. Boosts are helpful, but you'll only use 4 or 5 30% greens for the whole run.
  • Options
    LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    What's proxima doing in your team
  • Options
    Also @willrun4adonut have you 100% act 7 and 8.1? Except for the title, there's not much to recommend for abyss these days and resources could be better spent there.
  • Options

Also @willrun4adonut have you 100% act 7 and 8.1? Except for the title, there's not much to recommend for abyss these days and resources could be better spent there.

All I have left is Abyss. Always finish at Gamma 1 for BG, variants all 100%, Labyrinth at 100% and story 100%. No real reason for units since there's no gifting really this year (never really cared for it, but would always trade with alliance mates if they asked to trade).
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I would honostly say back out. But just because of Proxima. Switch her for either heimdall or Quake. I would personally choose heimdall. He will save you so many revives in the end. You do not need the combo shield, Aegon will get to 999 regardless.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Back out and drop Proxy. Also, he'll get to 999 naturally, don't worry too much about building him up w/ revives.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    It's also probably a smarter play to plan out Carina's challenges and do them.
  • Options
    LeoZed said:

Prox is for combo shield and 25% fury buff boost. For a 5/65 that's 500 extra attack (or 20% base attack boost) when above 300 combo, which is all the time and a huge 1000 to 2000 additional attack if doing the heavy attack start in the later fights like the collector.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,208 ★★★★★
    I used 7 revives on thing and I think 3 on omega to ramp up aegon. But it wasnt at 999. I think quake is the next fight which I got to 999. So i would say since he is ramped up. You should be able to do it.

If you use doom. Heavy as much as possible. Sp3.mmlllmm sp1. Heavy heavy then sp3 or if your aura is gonna fall off sp2. This for cosmics and you will take down 50% hp each run. Aegon well. Heavy and sp2 should do the fight. Torch prefight on mephisto and I only had those 3 + heimdall in my team. I finished with 3k units worth of revives spent.

My team was
    R5 aegon
    R2 doom
    R2 torch
    Heimdall

So you should defs be able to do it. Revive aegon only
  • Options
    Dark_hoodsDark_hoods Posts: 157 ★★
    edited December 2022
    dont you have r4 apoc and stryfe? imo those two would be wayyy better for an abyss path than 5 star aegon and you can do pretty much the entire path with just those 2, bring doom for cmm venom the duck and hyperion, then you have 2 free slots for synergies, personally id recommend colossus and prof X if you have suicides unlocked for the last 2 slots but if you dont you could bring wmags to make mordo and the collector easier and someone else
  • Options

dont you have r4 apoc and stryfe? imo those two would be wayyy better for an abyss path than 5 star aegon

I have a r4 Apoc, max sig Strfye r4, r3 sig 80 prof X, r3 Mags, r3 Cable. I'll try that one next if I have to tap out.

My team was
    R5 aegon
    R2 doom
    R2 torch
    Heimdall

So you should defs be able to do it. Revive aegon only

My Doom is r4, and Torch is r3.

• Options

LeoZed said:

Prox is for combo shield and 25% fury buff boost. For a 5/65 that's 500 extra attack (or 20% base attack boost) when above 300 combo, which is all the time and a huge 1000 to 2000 additional attack if doing the heavy attack start in the later fights like the collector.
    I'm glad someone knew it was for something besides just the combo shield.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    19 revives on ramping Aegon up with Proxima is a lot.
  • Options
    What did you do in the end? Continue or restart? Well done though!!
  • Options

Got my title "Abyss Stared Back" so must have finished it.
  • Options

Got my title "Abyss Stared Back" so must have finished it.
    I meant did you plough on with that team, or restart? 😉

Was intrigued on whether you reselected aegon but added Heimdall, or chose full mutant team, or just continued on without Heimdall?
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Nocko said:

might as well share the pulls now, friend
    Good job!

Was rewarded with Kamala and AntiVenom, both new pulls. Got a mutant gem so finally awaken Apocalypse.

Just continued on without Heimdall. Ended up using 400 units plus all my revives.

And here's a secret I didn't want to share because of being judged, but my first run through of anything I always do without reading guides or watching videos to try by myself.
  • Options
    That makes it more impressive! Well done :-)
  • Options
    TBH for a guy in a casual looking alliance going in fairly blind with the classic team that's not a bad effort. These days there's far better options in terms of team building that you could have taken. If you feel the urge to do more paths I would try and squeeze in as many of the Carina's challenges as you can without having to re-run additional paths.