**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please Revert Masters back to Previous Difficulty

xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
Masters is a joke now. 1.2-1.6k PI opponents, unduped Spideys? At least up to the previous month you had to physically play Masters. Now it’s just autoplay up to certain nodes.

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I understand your position xNig but respectfully disagree.

With a new Uncollected EQ I think that adjusting Master downward will allow a more sensible progression to it from heroic and probably allow a larger pool of players to shoot for legend titles. If the legend program becomes an issue or high end players feel it has been diminished due to lower difficulty then I suggest making Master accessible to all Uncollected without the need to complete Heroic and include the Uncollected for legend runs.
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    Master mode used to be a challenge but now it is just plain easy.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    phillgreen wrote: »

With a new Uncollected EQ I think that adjusting Master downward will allow a more sensible progression to it from heroic and probably allow a larger pool of players to shoot for legend titles. If the legend program becomes an issue or high end players feel it has been diminished due to lower difficulty then I suggest making Master accessible to all Uncollected without the need to complete Heroic and include the Uncollected for legend runs.

I felt that the previous difficulty was just fine. The current one.. just feels like heroic + a little harder bosses.
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    So making it a little easier for the newer players in the game, so they stay in the game is, in your opinion, a bad thing to do?
    xNig wrote: »

I felt that the previous difficulty was just fine. The current one.. just feels like heroic + a little harder bosses.

Well, I run through it every month and 100% the first two chapters so my opinion is biased because I would love to finish the lot but I reserve my actual experience until I have a go.

It just seemed to me previously that the step up was too much, roster and skill notwithstanding but for someone of my calibre the game seems stale, nowhere to go and no hope of getting to 5/50. Besides my obvious lack of commitment there are probably more players in my boat than yours.
    I started exploring Masters with 4/40s one year back. It’s definitely possible. My friends who are still in intermediate bracket (less than 2 months) also explored Gods of Arena EQ last month with abit of spending.
    edited December 2017
    I try not to spend but I've saved a months worth of free crystals for this EQ.

In a couple of days I'll be into Master, if it as "easy" as you say then I will eat my words because I do know the difference between easy and beyond my capability.

What did you think of Uncollected EQ? Did the difficulty match the rewards?

I have seen the angst re: icephoenix.
  • MisterNiceGuyMisterNiceGuy Posts: 184
    Masters is a joke now. 1.2-1.6k PI opponents, unduped Spideys? At least up to the previous month you had to physically play Masters. Now it’s just autoplay up to certain nodes.

Oh yes all content should be directly catered to you, your majesty.

Things change in life. Get a grip. You sound like a fool.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Just because many players can defeat master with ease doesn't mean everyone can.

I fully support this move.
  • Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Your complaining about basically getting free rewards Jesus Christ what has the world come to

Oh yes all content should be directly catered to you, your majesty.

Things change in life. Get a grip. You sound like a fool.

Shoo eunuch. You’re not needed here.
    Your complaining about basically getting free rewards Jesus Christ what has the world come to

Masters rewards previously were basically free as well. But at least it needed some effort to be attained.
    I try not to spend but I've saved a months worth of free crystals for this EQ.

In a couple of days I'll be into Master, if it as "easy" as you say then I will eat my words because I do know the difference between easy and beyond my capability.

What did you think of Uncollected EQ? Did the difficulty match the rewards?

I have seen the angst re: icephoenix.

Uncollected was pretty easy tbh. Or rather, easier than expected. I was expecting 5.2-5.3 level of difficulty but it was far from it. Bosses caught me by surprise but it is far from impossible.

Even the much lamented Ice Phoenix was alright pre-nerf as the paths were simple so I always reached her with 3-4 full health champs. Just needed to play well and not get hit while tanking the cold snap damage. 5*R4s have 22-24k HP so despite 18-20k cold snap damage, you’ll still have 4-6k HP buffer to one shot her.
  • AshburnAshburn Posts: 270
    I started exploring Masters with 4/40s one year back. It’s definitely possible. My friends who are still in intermediate bracket (less than 2 months) also explored Gods of Arena EQ last month with abit of spending.

Same. But it was 2 months ago for me. 4/40s of the right champ can get u 100%. If you know the basics of baiting specials and parry and dexterity, it shouldn't be a problem. The only problem should be the last 2 bosses which u probably are not confident in fighting

Well, I run through it every month and 100% the first two chapters so my opinion is biased because I would love to finish the lot but I reserve my actual experience until I have a go.

It just seemed to me previously that the step up was too much, roster and skill notwithstanding but for someone of my calibre the game seems stale, nowhere to go and no hope of getting to 5/50. Besides my obvious lack of commitment there are probably more players in my boat than yours.

Btw, I don’t understand why you can’t get 5/50s now that they’re so readily available. A group of my friends started playing recently (2-6months ago). The one who started earliest has a r4 Gwenpool and 4-5 5/50s already.
    Ashburn wrote: »

Same. But it was 2 months ago for me. 4/40s of the right champ can get u 100%. If you know the basics of baiting specials and parry and dexterity, it shouldn't be a problem. The only problem should be the last 2 bosses which u probably are not confident in fighting

Yup. And it’s still very much doable with minimal item usage. You’ll improve and get used to the difficulty in a few months and each subsequent Masters event (of the previous difficulty) will get easier.
    Anyway, my main gripe about it is the bringing down of difficulty to stroke the players’ ego of completing/exploring it. Content should get progressively harder, and not easier.

Dumbing down Masters just makes the rewards available to players who aren’t ready for that content yet. This in turn makes it so that new players expect to be able to faceroll every content they are given, and they whine/cry when they can’t.

Like how acts 1/2/3 are irrelevant now as new players can just autoplay it with 4*s pulled from phc, where older players had to learn skills to overcome challenges using 2* champs.