**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Absolutely no one will agree with this but…

…I actually preferred that short window of time during Beta when BG used no meta/buffs — it was just straight-up, 1-to-1 matches. Yes, does that make it more like Arena? Sure it does. Sometimes just knowing you have a class advantage and knowing how the champs work w/o all the meta is much more enjoyable. That way, if you’ve got R2 and R3s you can take on R4s and still have a chance. Will never happen again but I actually enjoyed BG during that week :-/ OK — let the comments fly, tell me I’m crazy — but I will always prefer the straight-up matches.

Comments

• Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Nocko said:

I don't agree... i dont think it should be no meta
    But i DO agree that the VT nodes should be pretty mild and not restrictive at all. There is a nice soft middle ground of having SOMETHING to contend with, because otherwise it's boring and decks dont change and meta champs dont change but it i do think they should tone it done

for GT's... let your freak flag fly, let the big sweaty boys contend with whatever you might dream of and it is what it is.

Exactly. Some fights feel like EoP
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★

i don't like the meta where it was no nodes, but i think the nodes we've been having are a step in the wrong direction. sometimes they work together, like the rich get richer and the dex to pause the fury nodes. but when it's kinetic transference AND encroaching root, your matches are coming down to "will the AI throw a special?" more than anything. i think having one or two simple (whatever you can call simple) nodes that don't make it so that matches are AI reliant, but skill reliant

Yeh. I'd rather safeguard, masochism or buffet rather than these nodes where a disagreeable AI can just end you.
    Anything that involves a passive power gain sux.
  • Options
    I loved the rich get richer but the other nodes this season have either been 1 accidentally parry or poor ai and you just automatically lose. With the rich get richer you didn't even need to nullify the buffs you could just draft a champ that gains more unique buffs then the defender.
  • Options
    DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    It kinda feels like Victory Track should be this vanilla style, and gladiator circuit stays unchanged. We get a rotation in buffs there every week, anyway.

Pretty hard to disagree with you OP!
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I agree with this. The Victory Track is for everyone. The more complex you make the fights, the more specific your counters need to be. Not everyone has all the counters. Skill based nodes are totally fine but I don't think any node in the Victory Track should need to be hard countered. Stuff like Bane, Combo Party, Foresight, etc. are all great Victory Track nodes since they reward you for showing skill and at times punish you for not showing skill.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Because without the nodes there is no strategy involved, or very little. With no nodes it would be a nuke meta everytime.

I like having nodes, but I agree the nodes have been a bit ridiculous. Anytime power gain is a node it’s stressful watching AI hold block and not throwing specials. Last seasons were better and I think next seasons look better.
  • Options
    DannyB01 said:

It kinda feels like Victory Track should be this vanilla style, and gladiator circuit stays unchanged. We get a rotation in buffs there every week, anyway.

Pretty hard to disagree with you OP!

I like this idea about Victory being more vanilla format. Save the crazy hard nodes for Gladiator — that’s where they belong and should be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2022
    K00shMaan said:

I agree with this. The Victory Track is for everyone. The more complex you make the fights, the more specific your counters need to be. Not everyone has all the counters. Skill based nodes are totally fine but I don't think any node in the Victory Track should need to be hard countered. Stuff like Bane, Combo Party, Foresight, etc. are all great Victory Track nodes since they reward you for showing skill and at times punish you for not showing skill.

This is totally what I’m talking about. Victory Track is for everyone — I have no immediate (or perhaps ever) chance of (or even desire) to make Gladiator Track. I’m sure there are plenty more in same boat or who feel same way. But as it stands now, BG (unless doing friendly matches) is not a whole lot of fun (and it really should be.)
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Lost many matches due to ai not throwing specials, now next month looks like a real load of ****. I don't even have a 30 man deck looking at that powerburn, armor up nonsense.