**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Ice Phoenix cold snap still too OP

Any of my twelve 5/50 4*s or four 3/45 5* at full health get nuked by the cold snap even if I take zero hits from her. It's still too overpowered. Myself and many others have the skill to 100% this quest and shouldn't have to have a rank 4 5* with a 20% boost on to beat this ONE opponent.
It's ridiculous.

Comments

• CR7gouravCR7gourav Posts: 52
    ijvyfxxe7bzm.jpg
    zkjmzftx5s7y.jpg

I wish to know and understand how is this justified? If its really about skill then why this particular node forces us to have a 5* R3 above champ or use multiple boosts to go through. This is totally a BS fight.

suggestion, either remove the heal block or reduce the coldsnap damage to 50% or less of what it is currently.

We request you to fix this.

@kabammike
    even the block damage and parry damage is so high that 3 or 4 parries and you are out.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    And this combined with modok pulling off some nice auto block+hits is why I’m skipping chapter 3
    And this combined with modok pulling off some nice auto block+hits is why I’m skipping chapter 3

MODOK seems to be manageable... as i saw some people's gameplay.... still we get time to fight there... autoblock should not come during stun though. Have not fought him yet
  • I did it yesterday. I used Rogue for the first fight and I've almost killed her, I've finished the fight with Lord and she almost drained all his health in few seconds. Anyway is not impossible, you just need to avoid too much block damage. You have to play well, evade the specials and try to anticipate few times to avoid using parry.
    Asskicker wrote: »
    I did it yesterday. I used Rogue for the first fight and I've almost killed her, I've finished the fight with Lord and she almost drained all his health in few seconds. Anyway is not impossible, you just need to avoid too much block damage. You have to play well, evade the specials and try to anticipate few times to avoid using parry.

i would really like to know which stars are your rogue and starlord? and what rank too!
    Read my comment above, it should not be about having a specific champ cz then its just a moneygrab technique. Imagine people with mephisto! only they are the ones who shouldn't have any problem. BDW i dnt have rogue, SL etc champs. Whatever damage you see in the pics was mostly done by ultron coz he could survive past the coldsnap
  • Hi kabam why cannot my king groot negate coldsnap? This is not fair, he should shrug the debuff after 0.5 sec using his fury buff.
  • Cptnkillr_89Cptnkillr_89 Posts: 56
    Simple fix..move her to just 1 lane kabam. That way casuals can get completion (not definite cause MODOK is ridic) and if you want exploration you gotta sack up and take her down.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,869 ★★★★★
    No they shouldn't change anything now, she has already been nerfed.

If they moved her all the people who have completed it (including me) would need compensation.

Look at the rewards, it shouldn't be easy. Anyway if you think that's hard wait until you get to Modok 😂
    CR7gourav wrote: »
    I did it yesterday. I used Rogue for the first fight and I've almost killed her, I've finished the fight with Lord and she almost drained all his health in few seconds. Anyway is not impossible, you just need to avoid too much block damage. You have to play well, evade the specials and try to anticipate few times to avoid using parry.

i would really like to know which stars are your rogue and starlord? and what rank too!
    Read my comment above, it should not be about having a specific champ cz then its just a moneygrab technique. Imagine people with mephisto! only they are the ones who shouldn't have any problem. BDW i dnt have rogue, SL etc champs. Whatever damage you see in the pics was mostly done by ultron coz he could survive past the coldsnap

You don't need specific champs for it, just need high level ones with a lot of health.

If you only have 4*s at 4/40 then the quest isn't for you anyway, look at the rewards... it's for top/end game players.

Not everyone who has 1 4*.

Anyway no special champs are required, once the cold snap is over it's a simple fight, any champ is able to use.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    ijvyfxxe7bzm.jpg
    zkjmzftx5s7y.jpg

I wish to know and understand how is this justified? If its really about skill then why this particular node forces us to have a 5* R3 above champ or use multiple boosts to go through. This is totally a BS fight.

suggestion, either remove the heal block or reduce the coldsnap damage to 50% or less of what it is currently.

@kabammike

Looks like a clear player issue. No reason why that ultron shouldn't solo
    ijvyfxxe7bzm.jpg
    zkjmzftx5s7y.jpg

@kabammike

If you don't even have a 5* that's R3 then the quest isn't for you, stick to master.

Just because the rewards are good doesn't mean they are for everyone.

If you don't have a good roster, you can't do it.

I remember when Master first come out and I didn't even attempt it the first 2 months.

No shame in not being able to compete it, it's gonna be here monthly, work on your roster and jump in when your ready.
  • I know this event is surpose to be hard.. but unavoidable dmg is just lame..

i rather have a unblock sp1, increase dmg, hp anything.

that say u still manage to have some champs to reduce / shrugg off the coldsnap.
    So she is still possible to kill..

if u only sits with a r5 4 star i wud try one of those champs thats mention..

If any have a r4/55 5 stars its possible in 1 try.. (did it with a Classic spidey) dont own a spidey SE.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Actually, she had a more insane coldsnap, it was nerfed quite substantially after the initial complains flooded in. Heck, the first coldsnap would leave an unboosted 5* R4 at about 10% health from full health, now that was actually ridiculous.

Now, I believe a maxed 4* MIGHT be able to survive the coldsnap, but if u actually managed to make it that far, the game is pretty much asking you for a 5* R4 to take that thing down. A 5* R4 SHOULD be able to kill her in one shot, given that you hardly take block damage and don't make any mistakes. Boosts will buy you a few more blocks and finish the fight quicker, but are not necessary.

In the end, yes, I agree it is ridiculous and I, by no other means hate it. But given the rewards of uncollected, it should have been fairly obvious to everyone that Kabam's not going to give 7500 5* shards, 2500 6* shards, a T4cc and several T2a frags that easily. This is the hard part, and if you cannot do it, I suggest just exploring the first 2 chapters because it still gives you a good sum of 5* shards and T2a frags.
    ijvyfxxe7bzm.jpg
    zkjmzftx5s7y.jpg

@kabammike

If you don't even have a 5* that's R3 then the quest isn't for you, stick to master.

Just because the rewards are good doesn't mean they are for everyone.

If you don't have a good roster, you can't do it.

I remember when Master first come out and I didn't even attempt it the first 2 months.

No shame in not being able to compete it, it's gonna be here monthly, work on your roster and jump in when your ready.

I did 5.2 AND BECAME UNCOLLECTED USING MINIMUM ITEMS. IF I REMEMBER I USED 2 L2 TEAM REVIVES TILL 5.2.6, AND IN 5.2.6 I USED ONLY 3 L2 SINGLE REVIVES AND 1 TEAM REVIVE. HOW IS MY SKILL NOT ENOUGH AND READY, WITH RIGHT CHAMPS, A LOT OF HEALTH AND DAMAGE ONE CAN EASILY BEAT ANY QUEST. MY POINT WAS AND IS STILL IS, WHY YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT SO MUCH DEPENDABLE ON THE ROSTER? SO THAT PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE RIGHT CHAMPS START PURCHASING CRYSTALS AND OFFERS IN THE HOPE OF GETTING THE CHAMP THEY WANT AND UPGRADE THEM. THAT SEEMS TO BE THE MONEY MAKING TECHNIQUE I WAS POINTING FROM THE BEGINNING. UNAVOIDABLE DAMAGE IS JUST BS AND NEVER ENCOMPASSES THE SKILL OF ANY FIGHTER.
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    Actually, she had a more insane coldsnap, it was nerfed quite substantially after the initial complains flooded in. Heck, the first coldsnap would leave an unboosted 5* R4 at about 10% health from full health, now that was actually ridiculous.

Now, I believe a maxed 4* MIGHT be able to survive the coldsnap, but if u actually managed to make it that far, the game is pretty much asking you for a 5* R4 to take that thing down. A 5* R4 SHOULD be able to kill her in one shot, given that you hardly take block damage and don't make any mistakes. Boosts will buy you a few more blocks and finish the fight quicker, but are not necessary.

In the end, yes, I agree it is ridiculous and I, by no other means hate it. But given the rewards of uncollected, it should have been fairly obvious to everyone that Kabam's not going to give 7500 5* shards, 2500 6* shards, a T4cc and several T2a frags that easily. This is the hard part, and if you cannot do it, I suggest just exploring the first 2 chapters because it still gives you a good sum of 5* shards and T2a frags.

BASICALLY YOU MEAN THEIR TACTICS IS RIGHT AND I SHOULD START UPGRADING THE **** 5* CHAMPS THAT I HAVE OR START SPENDING THE MONEY. REMEMBER 6* CHARS ARE NOT YET PLAYABLE, MAJORITY OF PEOPLE HAVE ONLY 4*S TO DEPEND UPON. WHAT IS THE POINT WHEN A MAXED 4* HAS 14K HEALTH ON AVERAGE AND YOU TAKE IT ALL WITHOUT A CHANCE TO FIGHT. ALSO YOU MUST KNOW THAT UNCOLLECTED TITLE IS EARNED BY MAJORITY OF PEOPLE USING 4* CHAMPS, SO YOU DON'T LET THEM USE THE SAME CHAMPS TO DO THIS QUEST, TELLING THEM THEY ARE STILL NOT WORTHY OF THE TITLE.... OH WAIT, THEY ARE WORTHY BUT STILL WE AS KABAM WANT TO BE BADASS BS MONEY GRABBING COMPANY
    edited December 2017

You don't need specific champs for it, just need high level ones with a lot of health.

If you only have 4*s at 4/40 then the quest isn't for you anyway, look at the rewards... it's for top/end game players.

Anyway no special champs are required, once the cold snap is over it's a simple fight, any champ is able to use.

fyi I HAVE 3 MAXED 4*S ONLY, ALSO YOU DIN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION! SW, ULTRON, WOLVI.. HAVE NO ROGUE, MEPHISTO, AV, KG, OR ANY OTHER SHRUGGER

AND I DID BOSS RUSH (AGAINST MEPHISTO WITHOUT ICEMAN), TOTAL REVIVES USED- 1 L2 SINGLE REVIVE. I BELIEVE I AM SKILLED ENOUGH. 6MONTHS INTO THIS GAME
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★

If they moved her all the people who have completed it (including me) would need compensation.

Look at the rewards, it shouldn't be easy. Anyway if you think that's hard wait until you get to Modok 😂

Ah the milk of human kindness right there. The fellowship of the MCOC forums. Fellow
    Man looking out for one another.

It just fills your heart with gladness at this time of year.

For the record having completed it using units, it absolutely should be further revised. Even just remove the heal block. Anyone who says otherwise having already completed it is just being mean spirited.

Do the reasonable thing Kabam, please.

fyi I HAVE 3 MAXED 4*S ONLY, ALSO YOU DIN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION! SW, ULTRON, WOLVI.. HAVE NO ROGUE, MEPHISTO, AV, KG, OR ANY OTHER SHRUGGER

AND I DID BOSS RUSH (AGAINST MEPHISTO WITHOUT ICEMAN), TOTAL REVIVES USED- 1 L2 SINGLE REVIVE. BELIEVE I AM SKILLED ENOUGH. 6MONTHS INTO THIS GAME

If you only have 3 maxed 4*s then the content isn't for you, just 100% all the other quests in uncollected and do 1 run on the Phoenix map.

That will save you spending or using items, but still enable you to claim some rewards.

My point is, any champ can do the fight... a 5* R3 Luke Cage or Spidey Gwen can do it... so if you have any 5* R3/4 use them.

The content isn't there for all levels of player

Ah the milk of human kindness right there. The fellowship of the MCOC forums. Fellow

For the record having completed it using units, it absolutely should be further revised. Even just remove the heal block. Anyone who says otherwise having already completed it is just being mean spirited.

It's not being mean spirited, this uncollected quest is going to be a new monthly thing now, like I said when master first come out I seen the rewards and had to pass it up still for a couple months.

That's like asking Kabam to make it easy as possible so all players can get the rewards... well no it's a progression based game, lower level players or players nearly there can progress and try next month.

I am not saying coldsnap is great, I mean it sucks losing health for no reason... but on the other hand it's supposed to be challenging, by the time your at that fight you should still have full health on all champs, then after that fight it's only 1 more.

It's not being mean spirited, this uncollected quest is going to be a new monthly thing now, like I said when master first come out I seen the rewards and had to pass it up still for a couple months.

That's like asking Kabam to make it easy as possible so all players can get the rewards... well no it's a progression based game, lower level players or players nearly there can progress and try next month.

I am not saying coldsnap is great, I mean it sucks losing health for no reason... but on the other hand it's supposed to be challenging, by the time your at that fight you should still have full health on all champs, then after that fight it's only 1 more.

See my image i posted above.. have full health on all champs till i reach there
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I’ve seen a guy in my alliance solo her with a 4* hulk. It’s possible with any 4* of you play well. Some are better than others such as rogue or av to shrug it off but any 4* can survive coldsnap at full health. You just have to avoid blocked hits from there. A health boost is also not needed on 5* at rank 4
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    An ultron either 21k health should have no problem soloing her. I soloed her with my rank 4 ultron when going into the fight with 16k because I knew I didn’t need it heal to 100%
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    An ultron either 21k health should have no problem soloing her. I soloed her with my rank 4 ultron when going into the fight with 16k because I knew I didn’t need it heal to 100%

You got vids? Either yours or your alliance mate? Would be helpful for community if they could see either I think. If I was you I would have mentioned my own achievement before that of others...
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    The content isn’t for everyone, but I don’t understand how somebody with near perfect skill can’t get through this one fight without a dead wallet
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Acanthus wrote: »
    ijvyfxxe7bzm.jpg
    zkjmzftx5s7y.jpg

@kabammike

Looks like a clear player issue. No reason why that ultron shouldn't solo

Lol there are plenty of reasons. My r3 5* ultron is almost dead oce cold snap finishes. So I’m pretty sure cold snap kills a 4* ultron plus with heal block. So definitely not a player issue.
  • Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    edited December 2017
    Endgame content should be geared to challenge the highest tier of players. You don't need a 4/55 to beat it but the content has to challenge those who do. I've fully explored uncollected and all I used were some items from my inventory. It didn't cost any units other than for a few energy refills. I did not find this to be a money grab at all although if my roster wasn't up to par it would have cost for sure. She needed the first nerf but she's very manageable now.
    Mr_Chris wrote: »
    Endgame content should be geared to challenge the highest tier of players. You don't need a 4/55 to beat it but the content has to challenge those who do. I've fully explored uncollected and all I used were some items from my inventory. It didn't cost any units other than for a few energy refills. I did not find this to be a money grab at all although if my roster wasn't up to par it would have cost for sure. She needed the first nerf but she's very manageable now.

Whoa. Check out the brains and guns on Mr_Chris.

What a guy. Thanks for sharing.
  • Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    Hey thanks for noticing SgtSlaughter! I see you got after deadbyrd for listing his alliance mate accomplishments as well as me for listing mine. Hypocritical much?

I don't think it's wrong to point out that for a lot of players this wasn't that bad. I think I'm a good player but I never claimed to be the best fighter. I do have the right 4/55 to make it easier and that's my point. I'm pointing out that if you don't have a 4/55 champ that the idea of "overpowered" is relative rather than absolute.

There are probably thousands of players who will have no issue at all beating ice Phoenix. I imagine that many with 4/55 will still have trouble with her due to roster or skill. But calling something ridiculous or a money grab or broken just because it's not suited to your individual roster or skill is wrong. I'd love to 100% labyrinth but I wouldn't ask them to nerf it because it's bound to cost me a lot of units when I die over and over.