Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

A first and a last for me

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,752 ★★★★
edited January 2023 in General Discussion
So decided to try an experiment this week and go in for the 6* Hood arena in a relatively serious way. I’ve been trying to dupe my 6* hood for a long time and figured he is old enough/underrated enough that there wouldn’t be too much of a feeding frenzy. I came out of the Banquet event with more units than expected so figured this would be a good time to experiment.

Generally just used my roster and did some max grinding, but I did do ~60 minutes of boosted play and revives to see roughly how many units you have to burn to put up a higher score.

I probably could have put up about another 4-5M by not bothering with the other arena. Guess I probably should have because of course this happened.

Live and learn I suppose - won’t do that again! Clearly I can’t pull down even an older 6* from the arena with my roster (which is pretty solid) and a bit of unit burn, so not going to be worth it to do so again. On a slightly positive note my 5* needed a dup as well so guess it wasn’t a complete loss.

Comments

• Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,841 ★★★★★
    Feel sorry for you for time you invested but yeah - was an experiment. Thanks for sharing !
  • Options

there is no chance to midtier players to get 6* from arenas now. way too many whales and arena bots. more than 100 anyway

Yes agree. I suppose if there were more than 10 people botting and Kabam does a correction sweep like they did last year I might actually get him at some point. But they seem to be more focused on cheaters in Battlegrounds than cheaters in Arena these days.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

So decided to try an experiment this week and go in for the 6* Hood arena in a relatively serious way. I’ve been trying to dupe my 6* hood for a long time and figured he is old enough/underrated enough that there wouldn’t be too much of a feeding frenzy. I came out of the Banquet event with more units than expected so figured this would be a good time to experiment.

Generally just used my roster and did some max grinding, but I did do ~60 minutes of boosted play and revives to see roughly how many units you have to burn to put up a higher score.

I probably could have put up about another 4-5M by not bothering with the other arena. Guess I probably should have because of course this happened.

Live and learn I suppose - won’t do that again! Clearly I can’t pull down even an older 6* from the arena with my roster (which is pretty solid) and a bit of unit burn, so not going to be worth it to do so again. On a slightly positive note my 5* needed a dup as well so guess it wasn’t a complete loss.

I think Arena just needs a wash, right now 6* became way easier to get, so I dont think only top 100 should get the 6*.

This should be top 500 at least, and I think even maybe another bracket for the top 1% players aswell.
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Think you are right. At this point they probably are just going to wait for 7*s to come out, make them the top 100, and make the top 500 6*s.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★
    You put up more points than I've ever done in an arena. Crazy that 110th gets you a useless 5* and 1k shards.